Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: COLUMBUS~JUNE, 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

OK...this is beyond weird..

Aries was on top of the box..Durand landed and made her way to the box, but didn't go in. I could tell they were doing their bonding thing...Aries on top of the box and Durand somewhere in front of the box. Aires jumped down behind the box and Durand went into the box. Durand was echupping to the lback of the box...she eventually came out and is sitting on the ledge in front of the box...Aries has not come out from behind the box. We've seen the kids go back there so he can't be stuck...can he? The kids usually walked back there vs jumping from the top of the box..

Its been about 20 minutes. I'll recheck my recording, but I don't think he's come out...

yellow alert...yellow alert...LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

YAY..he came out...they are both in the box now!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

When Durand was in the box and Aries behind the box..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Pretty decent bonding session..

Fatherhood must be wearing him out..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:

How did he get out? Did he fly up or was he able to squeeze through at the side?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

vlu328 wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

How did he get out? Did he fly up or was he able to squeeze through at the side?

He walked out the right side like the kids used to do then flap/hopped to the top of the box....little devil..he had me worried!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
vlu328 wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

He walked out the right side like the kids used to do then flap/hopped to the top of the box....little devil..he had me worried!!
[[I can only imagine how strange that whole scenario played out - maybe he fell asleep back there - very interesting!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm 

I was downtown last evening for about a half an hour. I was walking toward the Rhodes side of the statehouse steps when I heard screaming - I was so excited to hear someone. I quick checked the ledges on the Rhodes, and I thought that I saw someone on the nest ledge - I was not sure though - it was around 6:00. I kept checking the ledge then in the blink of an eye, don't ever turn around for even a second - it was gone. I never heard the screaming again either. I hope to sit downtown for a little bit tonight too, we are expecting rain but not sure when.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:52 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
vlu328 wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

Good! At least we won't have to worry about an adult getting trapped back there, especially after the cameras go offline.

Speaking of which, I notice that many sites use YouTube to broadcast their cams. I wonder if there is a cost to doing so and if Donna is aware of this option?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:28 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Its been about 20 minutes. I'll recheck my recording, but I don't think he's come out...
yellow alert...yellow alert...LOL[/b]

:teehee: Lol...I can't stop laughing. I wonder if he thought he could hide back there. The kids must be driving him nuts....probably knocking him off his perch wherever he goes...lol. I wish we had sound. That whole scenario must have been hysterical. Durand hearing him squeak, but not seeing him. This reminds me of the time Zoom went back there and didn't know how to get out and poor Durand kept bringing food into the box, zero-in on Zoom's voice at the back of the box, but could not find a mouth to feed. Donna had to rescue Zoom. In the years that I have been watching, I never saw a parent go back there. I'll bet he is taking drastic measures to hide from the kids for a nap....lol. :biggrin: Oh my...the trials and tribulations of being a father.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

I wish I had been recording the ledge cam...you could see the wall of rain approaching the Rhodes and just as fast as the downpour hit the ledge, it has moved on...it was that fast!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
I wish I had been recording the ledge cam...you could see the wall of rain approaching the Rhodes and just as fast as the downpour hit the ledge, it has moved on...it was that fast!!

I know, I was on the bus when it started pouiring and then walking to the ?Rhodes tower from Broad and igh about a block - I got a little wet - I really wanted to stay and listen for the juvies - on my way home the sun came out - booo hooo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:09 pm 

did the web cam site go down? I tried to open the nest ledge cam and I received an error message that the site was not available = very strange - maybe the rain did that? lost electricity? did anyone else get this message?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:15 pm 

:girlsad3: I can no longer get the cam and am wondering if they went down @ the close of this business day and this is why:

Cam Update: For the past several years our live streaming video has been provided by The Ohio Channel. Unfortunately, that partnership will be ending in July. We greatly appreciate The Ohio Channel graciously hosting the video window to the Columbus peregrine falcon nest for so long. As they say, when one door closes, another opens so we plan to use this opportunity to explore new camera options for future nesting seasons.

More updates on the fledglings and cameras as information becomes available!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

If you look at the URL for the link, it says its "under construction", but the cams are still live!! Don't forget, we have several cam back ups if something seems amiss with the main website. Links are always posted in the first post of a thread.

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=2296&p=438957#p438957

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21