Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARRISBURG~JUNE & JULY 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:33 am 

Saw a falcon over on the corner of the roof of the U Building when I tuned in a bit ago, but it's not there now. Looks like somebody had breakfast on the point, though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 am 

Not having any luck with any of the cams this morning. The small thumbnails are there, but when clicking on them,only getting a black screen with a spinning circle. Hope it can be corrected. And cams started working some time after 9:00 this morning.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 am 
Global Moderator

LIL DAD LOOKING IN THE WINDOWS :-) EARLY MORNING, THE KIDS WERE OUT THERE SCREAMING AND CHASING ONE OF THE ADULTS AND ONE OF THE KIDS WAS SITTING ON TOP OF THE STEEPLE.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 pm 

Couldn't post this morning, but I think it was Little Dad lying out in front of the scrape, panting in the warm sun. Guess I'm not down there at the right time to see a juvie on the steeple. Niecey has been working on a pigeon on the point for a while. Little Dad is on the shield.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 pm 

Was waiting for an appointment around 6:00 this evening, so I took a look at the cams on my phone. Red was near the point working on the remains of Niecey's pigeon. Was surprised that he was still on the ledge when i got home from my appointment, so I settled myself in front of the computer while eating dinner. Went to get a drink, and while my back was turned I heard a thump and screaming. The thump was Little Dad delivering some food, and of course the screaming was Red. Little Dad was at the end of the ledge watching Red eat. When Red was done he promptly chased Little Dad off the point. Looks like the juvies are still dependent on the adults to some extent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 am 
Global Moderator

BOTH OF THE KIDS WERE ON THE LEDGE THIS MORNING SCREAMING. WHITE WAS THERE FIRST AND THEN WHEN LIL DAD FLEW IN ON THE SHIELD, RED WAS BEHIND HIM. LIL DAD TOOK OFF AND THE TWO KIDS STAYED THERE AND AT ONE POINT, RED WAS ATTACKING WHITE..........THEY PLAYED SOME ON THE LEDGE AND THEN WHEN ONE TOOK OFF, THE OTHER ONE FOLLOWED, JUST BEING KIDS AND PLAYING THIS MORNING BEFORE THE 90 DEGREE WEATHER COMES......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:09 am 
Site Admin

I am so jealous that the kids keep coming back to the ledge. We haven't seen the Columbus kids since they fledged!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:50 pm 

Was just reading about the Richmond kids. That is were they put the cage up. The were going to open the cage next Friday, but either the door opened on its own or one of the kids flew on to it and it opened. One is still there but they haven't found the other one yet. Hopefully he's ok.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

heida wrote:
Was just reading about the Richmond kids. That is were they put the cage up. The were going to open the cage next Friday, but either the door opened on its own or one of the kids flew on to it and it opened. One is still there but they haven't found the other one yet. Hopefully he's ok.

I'm pretty sure the second one fledged quite a while ago...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 pm 

Spent about an hour downtown tonight. Didn't see any falcons at first, but then the two juvies appeared out of nowhere. At times they were flying overhead enjoying the nice breeze, and at one point chased Little Dad. Didn't know where the juvies got to until I found them on some cell phone towers on the roof of 333, where they rested for a good half hour. They eventually flew off toward the river, and I have no idea where they were when I left down there around 8:30. One of the adults was sitting on the back corner of 333 when I left. Thought it was Niecey, but not sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:50 am 

Am getting a black screen with a spinning white circle on the cam view that shows the stick, but the others are fine. And on either side of this screen on the forum am seeing some strange things about updating your account to 3rd party hosting and something about Photobucket. Weird.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:25 pm 

Got home a bit ago to find the cam view is still not working. On the small thumbnails I can see that a falcon is sitting on top of the shield. Don't know what's wrong, but it's likely to be like this until Monday. And still seeing these messages about Photobucket on the forum. I have NEVER used it. Very strange.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:54 pm 

Still unable to get the cam with the stick view, but I just found Niecey doing some housekeeping in the scrape. And from what I've read elsewhere, it sounds like there may be a future problem regarding posting pictures on not just the Harrisburg forum, but others as well. I've never learned how to do that, but it is very disappointing, as I've always appreciated seeing pictures posted by others.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 am 

Was hoping to be able to get the stick view this morning, but still getting the black screen with the spinning circle. The other three views are working, and Little Dad is sitting on his camera perch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm 

Spent a little over an hour downtown this evening. Little Dad was on the point when I got there, and he was the ONLY falcon I saw the entire time. He was preening at times, resting, and doing a few wing stretches. Perhaps the juvies are no longer in the area. I wish them well, and will certainly miss them. :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 pm 

Little Dad was on the point for a while, but he left about five minutes ago. Only time I've seen a falcon all day, but haven't had much chance to check.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 pm 

Got home a bit ago to find that the scrape view is now working. Was sitting here trying to figure out which falcon was on the shield and then in the scrape. All of a sudden Little Dad flew in to land on the shield. He hopped down behind the shield, came in the back door, and he and Niecey had a long bonding session. One of the two of them has lost a flight feather which is lying in the scrape.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:56 am 

When I first tuned in to the cams this morning, Niecey was on the shield. Did some other things on the computer and came back to the falcon cam. Was surprised to find a juvie near the stick, and then a second juvie arrived. They were beaking each other in the scrape, and White was all over the ledge. White has since flown off, but as I type this, Red is on the shield preening. He's been there for quite some time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:07 am 

Nice to see one of the boys on the shield. Usually when I tune in no one is there, not even a parent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:55 am 

Due to the mottled coloring on the back of his head, I think it was Red sitting on the stick when I tuned in a bit ago. He flew off about a minute ago.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next