Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (U OF A & BELL)~2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:37 am 

nice video of them feeding. today , one seemed to hang back a lot, so keeping an eye out.

RAdisson and Chase are going to have to be more careful tussling over the food.

what a mes the box is

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 am 

bell june19

these kids are going onto ledge now and I am biitng my nails. Will need heart medication before this is over. E4 went from not letting them out to feeding them on ledge. Not smart in my opinion. it my also drive me to drink :corkpop:

I hope the day delay , will not hinder our chances at banding. Emyraud will be watching cam and let us know where they are.

male and the kids. He is very wise to stay away form them.

after a feed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:19 pm 

:spring1: :spring1:
2 girls

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 pm 

Bell
Female at this site is not whom we thought it was. Dr. Court has the band numbers and Bev will see whom we have here.

The banding was a great chance to be up close to the chicks. I was lucky enough to get to see it again. The female stayed in the air all the time that we had the chicks. The male came in and sat on the ledge watching the door and kaking at us. Could read the band numbers that is how close he was. It was very windy here and the chicks are always bought inside to band. The ledge is WAY to close for my liking. The one female was very feisty and draw blood on the bander's hand. the other one was pretty mellow, but was not going to go little into the bander's hands without a nipping at his hand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:37 pm 

Westend old bird wrote:
Bell
Female at this site is not whom we thought it was. Dr. Court has the band numbers and Bev will see whom we have here.

The banding was a great chance to be up close to the chicks. I was lucky enough to get to see it again. The female stayed in the air all the time that we had the chicks. The male came in and sat on the ledge watching the door and kaking at us. Could read the band numbers that is how close he was. It was very windy here and the chicks are always bought inside to band. The ledge is WAY to close for my liking. The one female was very feisty and draw blood on the bander's hand. the other one was pretty mellow, but was not going to go little into the bander's hands without a nipping at his hand.

I've been to one banding and I absolutely loved it! Glad you were able to go Westend! :dancegirl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

another great report, westend old bird...Not the female we thought? OH DEAR!!

I tried finding the banding on the DVR, but they must have reset the cam...it didn't go back far enough..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:22 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
another great report, westend old bird...Not the female we thought? OH DEAR!!

I tried finding the banding on the DVR, but they must have reset the cam...it didn't go back far enough..

Bev will have to do recon on the band numbers that she got for the adults and will send you the bands for her chicks. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:12 am 

bev. wrote:
banding has been rescheduled till Wednesday. the reason is the great peregrine man, Richard Fife passed away on Saturday and the family has asked Dr gord, court to do the eulogy. how fitting.

Ridhard Fyfe , is the reason we have peregrines today. this is one of many articles.

http://www.canadiangeographic.com/wildl ... grines.pdf

Great article bev.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:13 am 

Ditto to what DEF said!

Awesome read.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:50 am 

yes, it was a good article. lots of information.

thank you west end for your reports :15heartbeat: and Sgb for your video. :15heartbeat: I have to stopped since banding so I will be back in later today with report on banding at Bell and Weber. Have a few appointments.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm 

june22 bell

well yesterday was a good day. The kids were on the ledge by south pillar when we got there, but Gord effortlessly, reached out and got them both. As soon as Female heard door she was off.

so first surprise was to fine out it was not E4 .
We cannot see bands at this site on the cam, and too high up to scope . Everything pointed to her, from her head markings, to her walk , to her sound , to her habits. When we have time we will check right back to beginning to see if indeed she did start season, that was a bummer.

but to see the male. He sat on the ledge after a bit, Was not one bit intimidated by Gord or us.

He is no other than our yellow taped male from WEber ( Green girls first clutch in 2015. his dad is Do1)

Gord thought he was from U of A and was put out on Pembina but I recognized the band right away. ( I do not argue with people) Why you ask ,did I know . . Well he was our male that moved from WEber to U of A , part way through fledge. He ate,there , slept there. RAdisson took him in and flew with him. He played with the kids. It was Jean that first saw him, as she had 3 juveniles in view, and we only had 2 that year at U of A. It was just so neat that year. and at end of last season, last year, he was on cam at Agrium, his grandfathers site. ( I posted it in the forum, last year).

so we have 2 females. I thought one was a big male, but....

So we do not have identity of adult female yet. Gord will let me know as soon as he has it( I am waiting for pciutre also.)

adult female - M over 49

adult male - B over 32- 2015 hatch from WEber( yellow tape)

juveniles (2017)- female 1- N over 22
- female 2- N over 35

jean has sent me some which I will post later

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:54 pm 

I am in love with all of them Bev! These photos are fantastic!!!! And I loved hearing your report!
:15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Bev, what a great report, with great pics...I am shocked that this is not E4!! So, the bird on top of the Epcor building (in the tweet) was E4..or no?

bev. wrote:

Epcor building is one of their roost. There are window washers on it. We saw them also. the falcons believe they own this building :egg11: I have posted pictures of them on there in past. there are also a lot of cranes moving in area so that may have them upset also.
When we were down today, we saw th e male on the Bell building ledge, facing in and E4 was on the north west top part of the Epcor building. this building is Northeast of bell and not far from them.
so Emyrauld s son sent her this

how cool

https://twitter.com/CBCEdmonton/status/ ... 9083165696

Boy do I ever remember that story about Yellow boy "moving" to U of Alberta...that was sooooooooooooo funny.

I can't wait to hear who M/49 is!! I do hope that E4 is out there somewhere and maybe has chicks of her own!!

I'll get these band numbers posted on our calendar so we'll always have them!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:48 am 

Bev, that very funny that it was yellow from Weber. Maybe because he more at the U of A that we guess that it was one of Radisson's chick. It was only her grandson. LOL
Thanks for the band numbers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Just documenting the morning feeds. Vids will probably be choppy as I started/stopped them throughout the feed. As best as I can tell, the baby only ate in Vid #2..and was quite assertive!! In one of the vids (either 2 or 3, you see the baby eating its own pellet, which it expelled in Vid #1...I think...who knows, they are now all running together in my memory!!)

Dad starts the feed...all feathers at first...Baby is like..."you're not mom..I'm not gonna eat!!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Bev, what a great report, with great pics...I am shocked that this is not E4!! So, the bird on top of the Epcor building (in the tweet) was E4..or no?

bev. wrote:

Epcor building is one of their roost. There are window washers on it. We saw them also. the falcons believe they own this building :egg11: I have posted pictures of them on there in past. there are also a lot of cranes moving in area so that may have them upset also.
When we were down today, we saw th e male on the Bell building ledge, facing in and E4 was on the north west top part of the Epcor building. this building is Northeast of bell and not far from them.
so Emyrauld s son sent her this

how cool

https://twitter.com/CBCEdmonton/status/ ... 9083165696
Boy do I ever remember that story about Yellow boy "moving" to U of Alberta...that was sooooooooooooo funny.

I can't wait to hear who M/49 is!! I do hope that E4 is out there somewhere and maybe has chicks of her own!!

I'll get these band numbers posted on our calendar so we'll always have them!!

after a closer look at one on Epcor in the video , it was the male B32, by his had patch.

but we had seen the Female there , in same spot, an hour before. so thy roost there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm 

thank you for videos SGb. we keep an eye on that one, bu t it always seems to get what it needs by days end. but if there was not enough food, I think it would be more aggressive

Now I really need to try and get full band of Radisson, after E4 thing. But here we know her better form such close observation.

cam at bell, is so far away from them , that we can only give our best guess. Usually spot on, so we will try and see if E4 was indeed there at beginning of season.

that is why Gord tried so hard to get bands. male was easy as he posed for us. Gord had to practically go off ledge to get her in flight, close enough to get full band

I like to be positive and think if she was not, that she is with Miss Edmonton , talking about their Edmonton days.

will be doing WEber post today sometime. I am swamped right now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 pm 

bell june23

West wind sent me this. I think done by her hubby keep sound on

very nice . thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3f2X ... duQzA/view

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:01 am 
Site Admin

That was so cool....thanks westend and Bev.!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 pm 

I absolutely loved the video. Thank you! They are so sweet! :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next