Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PICTURE, VIDEO, AND DOCUMENT ETIQUETTE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Attention BCAW members

As the 2012 nesting season is in full swing, I just wanted to remind everyone of our policy regarding pictures, videos, and documents:

If you use a picture, video, or document from another forum, blog, message board, website, photographer, etc. and you post it on the BCAW Forum, you MUST credit the source. If you are unsure of the "author", you may "link-back" to that picture. Otherwise, please do not post that picture, video, or document!

The same holds true if you see a picture, video, or document posted by a BCAW member that you would like to share with another forum or blog. Please give credit where credit is due. You may even wish to PM that member to gain permission.

We are continuously sharing information between forums, which is awesome. Let's just make sure that when we do, that we are respecting the owner of the information.

Thank you!!

Post subject: Re: PICTURE, VIDEO, AND DOCUMENT ETIQUETTE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:09 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Attention BCAW members

As the 2012 nesting season is in full swing, I just wanted to remind everyone of our policy regarding pictures, videos, and documents:

If you use a picture, video, or document from another forum, blog, message board, website, photographer, etc. and you post it on the BCAW Forum, you MUST credit the source. If you are unsure of the "author", you may "link-back" to that picture. Otherwise, please do not post that picture, video, or document!

The same holds true if you see a picture, video, or document posted by a BCAW member that you would like to share with another forum or blog. Please give credit where credit is due. You may even wish to PM that member to gain permission.

We are continuously sharing information between forums, which is awesome. Let's just make sure that when we do, that we are respecting the owner of the information.

Thank you!!

SGB, thank you :superstar: :bughug:

Post subject: Re: PICTURE, VIDEO, AND DOCUMENT ETIQUETTE
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Attention BCAW members

Thank you for following these rules when posting on the site. We are continuously sharing information between forums, which is awesome. Let's just make sure that when we do, that we are respecting the owner of the information.

Thank you!!

Hello,

If I find an interesting video that is posted on youtube, can I post it here? How do I credit the source? Do I just mention their youtube username?

Profile E-mail