Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MEMORIAL TRIBUTE TO MOM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 pm 

Thank you again, Cricket and everyone else involved, for holding this beautiful memorial to honor Mom.

And thank you for posting an account of what took place at the memorial - it is very hard to read.

Reenie, thank you for posting your photo from the memorial, which gives an idea of what it was like to be there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:43 pm 
Global Moderator

JUST ADDED THE OTHER MEMORIALS THAT WERE READ YESTERDAY. I PUT THEM RIGHT UNDER THE REST OF THEM INSIDE CRICKETS. THEY WERE FROM CATWOMAN AND FAITH AND WHAT LITTLE I COULD SAY. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO ADD THEM, THEY ARE ON PAGE 3 IN CRICKET'S POST.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:06 pm 

Cricket, thank you for sharing the memorial with all of us who could not be there. Please let us know about next spring.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:44 pm 
Global Moderator

REENIE wrote:
JUST ADDED THE OTHER MEMORIALS THAT WERE READ YESTERDAY. I PUT THEM RIGHT UNDER THE REST OF THEM INSIDE CRICKETS. THEY WERE FROM CATWOMAN AND FAITH AND WHAT LITTLE I COULD SAY. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO ADD THEM, THEY ARE ON PAGE 3 IN CRICKET'S POST.

The three additional tributes are bringing more tears to my eyes, each one so thoughtful.

Reenie, my heart goes out to you as you struggle with this loss of a "family member." I can certainly understand how this is possible to feel that a bird is a family member, and while others outside of BCAW would not understand, I know that all those within DO. Hugs to you as you work your way through this transition and are forced to face it every day as you approach the Rachel Carson building.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm 

Reenie, thanks for posting the read posts from yesterday. It is still a difficult thing to think about. I have her picture above my computer on the wall. Thanks SGB for the "fall smillies", and Reenie for changing the Heading to NG now. We must move on ??? It's so true about other's not understanding our love for a "bird". I pity them as they have never touched way down to really feel true love and compassion for all of God's Creatures especially the one's that soar our skies like angels. We Know, and for that I am eternally grateful for all of this in my life, even the pain it can bring. To stand with other's the way we did yesterday, and hug and cry together, we were in communion as one. Is there anything more important?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:00 pm 

Here is a picture of the attendees of the tribute to Mom, minus me & George (who was hiding behind Jane). :sigh This was when we were setting up for the tribute. Not very good, but I don't take very good pictures. Starting closest to the camera are Faith, Reenie, Cricket, Jane (standing up), and Westwindschild (behind the video camera)!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:06 pm 

Thank you Nancy. Hopefully WWC will post her video too. And, your camera skills are quite fine!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 pm 

Thanks, Gigi!

I also have a photo of NG on a cam--it isn't nearly as good as George & Reenie's, but I'll post it anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 pm 

Thanks for posting that picture Nancy. The weather was perfect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 pm 

NG is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see her babies...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 pm 

I was reading through the tributes and the account of the day and the great picture of all of those gathered - with my eyes they way they have been its really hard to see small print and having to almost put my face to the screen it's not good for my eyes - anyway - I thought - would it be possible to cut and past all of the tributes and any pictures that would deem appropriate and put them in a booklet? Maybe even in a file that we could download? Or perhaps someone who was energetic - I could even try it - to put it together and sell them for a reasonable price - to raise money for the banner? Just thinking out loud - I would really love to have all the tributes printed to read for later!!

All of the tributes have been so heartwarming

One person that seemed to be missing on the list of those not there but her heart sure was there with everyone was Pearl1. She has gone through way more than the average person should with her husband in the hospital. She really loved to watch Mom and Lil Dad, it was one of her favorite nests to watch. Hugs for you Pearl1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:03 pm 
Global Moderator

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I'M NOT THE ONE THAT CHANGED THE TOPIC TO NG AND LIL DAD. I'M GUESSING SKYGIRLBLUE DID THAT. I DIDN'T KNOW WHEN IT WOULD HAPPEN. I GUESS WE ARE TO MOVE ON, BUT IT'S HARD...........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 pm 
Global Moderator

SENDING BIG HUGS TO PEARL1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:06 pm 

rosekk17 wrote:
I was reading through the tributes and the account of the day and the great picture of all of those gathered - with my eyes they way they have been its really hard to see small print and having to almost put my face to the screen it's not good for my eyes - anyway - I thought - would it be possible to cut and past all of the tributes and any pictures that would deem appropriate and put them in a booklet? Maybe even in a file that we could download? Or perhaps someone who was energetic - I could even try it - to put it together and sell them for a reasonable price - to raise money for the banner? Just thinking out loud - I would really love to have all the tributes printed to read for later!!

All of the tributes have been so heartwarming

One person that seemed to be missing on the list of those not there but her heart sure was there with everyone was Pearl1. She has gone through way more than the average person should with her husband in the hospital. She really loved to watch Mom and Lil Dad, it was one of her favorite nests to watch. Hugs for you Pearl1

Hi Mary! Would just putting all the lettering of the tributes in large print do the trick? If so, I will go back & edit the tributes so that they will be in large print.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 pm 
Global Moderator

REENIE wrote:

Adding my hug to REENIE's for pearl1 and rosekk. It is a privilege and an honor to care for a loved one who is ill and it requires courage, strength and patience. I wish you these things in abundance.
:smile:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm 

REENIE wrote:

Me, too! :flowers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:30 am 

Sorry Reenie, to assume you changed the name. I should have known that would be a very painful action. My hugs also to pearl1 . That task is very difficult, as I having to do so myself a while back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:35 am 

As far as Fundraiser's are concerned how about a Cake Sale, Calendar with pictures of our Falcon's, or getting a Cook Book with all of the recipes we have so far?

so shall they teach us to learn compassion and how to live together in harmony.

Warrington, Pa.
Bucks County

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm 

I was wondering when it would be changed from Mom to N.G. too. I saw it today and was shocked! It had to be done though, so we will have to deal with it the best we can. I know it's hard. Do deep breathing exercises.

so shall they teach us to learn compassion and how to live together in harmony.

Warrington, Pa.
Bucks County

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

I posted this under the October HBG tropic a little while ago.....I'm the one who made the changes... :sigh

catwoman wrote:
SusanE wrote:
When I saw "NG & Lil' Dad" on the Harrisburg title last night, it also made me stop and reflect. Just another step in the direction we must travel. . . .

I noticed that as well & its kinda hard to see, but necessary...

Yes it was hard to change...and even harder to take the "Mom" logo down--Saturday's Memorial Tribute to beautiful Mom helped all of us to say goodbye and close this chapter. NG and Lil' dad have begun writing their own story. We will not forget Mom...and I feel sure some of us will have bitter sweet moments come spring..I know I will...I'll have those same butterfly twinges at Columbus too as Durand (hopefully) lays her very first clutch...sometimes its hard to move forward...but times have changed and I'm trying to "hop on that train" and move with them...but, I'm kind of a reluctant passenger... :cryinggirl:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next