Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MEMORIAL TRIBUTE TO MOM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:18 pm 
Global Moderator

To MoM...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 pm 
Global Moderator

Someone showed up right after "the service ended":

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 pm 
Global Moderator

:toast

To Mom!

And everyone at BCAW. Cheers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:21 pm 

Yep, I bet that's our group!!! Hey guys!!! We see you!!! Bless your hearts!!!

Here's to Mom!!! :toast

Here's to BCAW!!! :toast

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:22 pm 

Thinking of Mom, and of everyone at the memorial service. Thank you again to everyone involved in making this happen.

Susan, I love your tribute to Mom - it is beautiful.

I really like the great pics of NG and Lil Dad posted this morning.

Looking forward to seeing the reports on the memorial service.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Note
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:30 pm 
Global Moderator

Note: All of the previous posts related to today's BCAW online tribute to Mom were originally posted on the regular Harrisburg topic.

Please continue posting your online and in-person memorial tributes here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 pm 
Global Moderator

Thank you Catbird, wonderful idea to keep in one topic!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:06 pm 
Global Moderator

Beth - Thanks for the candle-lighting link and reminder for the 1:00 online service today.

SusanE - Thank you so much for your stunningly beautiful tribute to Mom. It was so touching that I can't put it into words.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:17 pm 

Well, somehow when the posts were moved, mine disappeared. I don't remember exactly what I wrote now, but I did say something about Susan's beautiful tribute. I remember saying that I had my candle lit here and a picture of Mom against a black background on my computer screen, one of George's terrific pictures of Mom on the steeple. I had played the Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman version of "Time To Say Goodbye" from my CD for those who were at the memorial in case they didn't have the music there and on behalf of all of us who were there also in spirit.

I don't know if all of the tributes that were sent to Cricket to be read today will be posted, but if they are not, I will post mine here later. It's not as well written as others that have posted, but it said what I felt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Corva - I'm so sorry to hear about your post. It sounds quite beautiful and distinctive, and I'm sure I'd remember it if I'd seen it among the regular HBG posts that were posted from 1:00 on today. But...it wasn't there when I read through the posts before I started moving them, so I have no idea what happened. (BTW - I copied all the posts to the new topic first and only deleted them after confirming that they were in the new topic.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:45 pm 
Global Moderator

I'm very sorry also, CorvaCXVI. I even went to your profile to see if it somehow got posted to another topic, but I didn't see it anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't recall reading it earlier here either, and knowing that your posts are always so articulate, I'm really sorry it is lost. :cryinggirl:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:29 pm 

Beautiful posts everyone! Susan, I was able to remain pretty much dry-eyed at the service, but I got all misty when I read your tribute. Beautiful picture of Mom & her babies, too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:33 pm 

WOW! Susan, your tribute summed up everything and more that anyone could say about MOM! She was quite the falcon. Thank you for expressing so eloquently what many of us are thinking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 pm 

Carol, your tribute was read at this afternoon's touching service. We took turns reading all the tributes that Cricket had printed. I didn't do too well with reading many. All of us locals talked about memories that we've seen first hand. George had several beautiful pictures of Mom displayed during the service, and Cricket brought some lovely white carnations and baby's breath. We ended up putting the flowers in front of the Carson Building in a large planter that right now is full of colorful fall wildflowers. That was just so beautiful, and for me one of the hardest parts was looking at those flowers in remebrance of this most wonderful falcon that for ten years has been gracing the Harrisburg skies. Susan, your tribute was so very touching. Thank you. I must go try to compose myself right now. I'm sure pictures will surface on here later.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HARRISBURG ~ SEPTEMBER 2010, PART 3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:37 pm 

Peep's it was so good to see those of you who came to today's Memorial for Mom. It was hard I know reading all of the Memories all of us choked up including yours truly. Hopefully it will be under happier circumstances next Spring when we meet to sow the Wildflowers.

Tomorrow I will post all that was said at the Service today. A BIG THANK YOU to all of the readers. Not sure I would have made it reading all 19.

To those who could not make it we felt your love there too.

so shall they teach us to learn compassion and how to live together in harmony.

Warrington, Pa.
Bucks County

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 pm 
Global Moderator

THANKS TO ALL WHO WERE WITH US IN SPIRIT TODAY. FINALLY GOT THRU ALL THE POST AND HAD TO COMPOSE MYSELF BEFORE POSTING. IT WAS A NICE MEMORIAL FOR MOM. I'M SURE SHE APPRECIATED KNOWING HOW MUCH SHE WAS LOVED. IT WAS GREAT TO HEAR ALL THE THOUGHTS READ OUT LOUD, BUT ALSO REALLY HARD AT THE SAME TIME. I ONLY TRIED READING ONE FOR THE GROUP AND COULDN'T EVEN FINISH THAT ONE. I THINK IT WAS SKYGIRLBLUE'S THAT I WAS TRYING TO READ. MY GOSH, THIS IS STILL HARD..........

ANYWAYS, IT WAS GREAT SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN AND SEEING HOW MUCH EVERYONE ALSO CARED ABOUT MOM EITHER BY BEING THERE OR HERE ON THE FORUM WITH US. WE SHARED SO MANY MEMORIES TOGETHER AND HAD A GREAT LUNCH AFTERWARDS AND DID RAISE OUR GLASSES TO MOM. I'M NOT GOING TO POST ANY PICTURES SINCE MY CAMERA IS NOTHING COMPARED TO GEORGE OR SUE'S. I'M SURE THEY WILL SHARE SOME LATER. SUE GOT SOME OF NG IN FLIGHT TODAY :-)

THE NEATEST THING I SAW TODAY WAS HOW NG WAS ACTUALLY ON ALL 3 CAMS IN A 45 MINUTE PERIOD! ONE OF THE CAMS, WE'VE NEVER SEEN A FALCON ON, THERE ABOVE THE SCRAPE. WHEN SHE WAS ON THE ONE ABOVE WHERE HER AND LIL DAD SIT, HER HEAD WAS ACTUALLY PRESSED UP AGAINST THE CEILING. SHE SEEMS TO HAVE REALLY CLAIMED THAT LEDGE AND LIL DAD DOES NOTHING BUT TRY TO PLEASE HER ALL THE TIME. WHAT A SWEET GUY HE IS. MAY HE AND HIS NG STAY SAFE!

GODSPEED MOM!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 pm 

I must say a BIG Thank You to Cricket for all the work that went into putting this together.

Susan, that was so beautifully written. You said it ALL.Now I have to compose myself again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm 
Global Moderator

THIS WAS FROM TODAY.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm 
Global Moderator

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to LeicaEagles for the professional photographs of NG on those cams today. I would also love to see anyone else's shots.

And another BIG thank you to Cricket for the inspiration of today's event, for inspiring everyone to write their memories of what Mom meant to them, and for all the work that goes into pulling off such an event. (Believe it or not I know that more goes into such things than one would expect.)

A HUGE thank you to those who were there in person who have shared their experience with us: Jane, Reenie, Faith, Cricket, LeicaEagles, and Catwoman. I hope others will also share their experience which will help those of us who could not be there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 pm 
Global Moderator

LE, those prints are absolutely perfect in capturing Mom. Thank you, Reenie, for sharing that shot with us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next