Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:31 pm 

:1val: Several black outs and a reset already today.

Berry College Eagles
3 hrs ·
Good morning! Some maintenance today may take the cameras offline briefly, but they will be back up and running as quickly as possible. Hope everyone is staying safe, staying healthy, and enjoying the eagles!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:05 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest last night. Pa arrived at 6:24 this morning and eventually went to the bowl to aerate and move sticks out of it. He stood awhile, then more bowl work. At 6:43 he flew from the left branch. He returned at 6:50 with a pine bough to place, then he trimmed it and did more rail work. He went to the left branch at 7:04 and turned around to face Ma and moved out of sight, but seconds later you could catch a glimpse of him as he flew out. Ma went to the left branch at 7:35 and flew. A vocal crow was on the nest at 8:49 slinging Pa's fluff around on the floor of the nest. There were several black outs on the cams and a reset this morning. Ma arrives at 3:00 and aerates the bowl one time, then stands. She was vocal at 3:17 and flew out a minute later. Ma returns at 7:04 as does Pa a minute later. He went to the bowl to move sticks out, aerate, then stood awhile before flying out at 7:16. He's back at 7:24 with a stick to place, eventually he trims it, then stands awhile. He flew at 8:10. Ma begins to aerate the bowl at at 8:27, but Pa returned a couple minutes later and she got out of the bowl. Pa attempted to snip on her, but missed and he started working on the bowl, rail work, snipped on Ma, then some floor work. :teehee: At 8:36, Pa went to the left branch and in a bit flew for the night. By 8:57 Ma is asleep standing in the bowl with her head tucked. She has been either in this position or standing on the nest asleep the rest of the evening, occasionally awake to look around or preen. Ma is currently standing with her head tucked and asleep as I leave at 1:05 am.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm 

a few photos form aprill22 so far
mom

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:42 pm 

:flirty:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:48 this morning and headed to the bowl to clear debris and aerate, then some rail work. Ma flew at 6:51 and Pa seconds later. Ma to the nest at 10:35 with a whole fish to eat. She finished it off at 10:47, then cleaned up the bits of it that dropped to the floor and is feaking a minute later. She stood awhile and then is lying in the bowl by 11:28. She got up at 11:56 and spends the early afternoon standing and looking around occasionally or preening. Sometime after 2:00 she is back lying in the bowl. She got up and just stands in the bowl at 2:47 and by 3:00 she is lying in it again. And up again to stand at 3:47. Pa arrives abruptly at 4:33 causing Ma to duck. At 4:38, Pa moved and they were too close and he started to snip on her, but no contact was made.:teehee: Pa then went to the rails and he attempted to trim and then he turned back around and needed to walk in front of Ma and she snipped on him and he snipped back.:teehee: Next he does some bowl work which was too close to Ma causing her to lose her balance. He went on to aerate the bowl and then they stood awhile. Ma decided to lie in the bowl at 4:44 and he steps slightly out of her way to allow her to do so, but then they engage in some beak sparring without making contact. :teehee: But then Pa got a little nasty with it snipping vigorously on Ma with an open beak, so she got out of the bowl.:sunconfused: He went toward the front of the nest and moves a pine cone and stick out of the way, then turns toward the bowl for more work and he crowds Ma. They stood for awhile. Then he cuts in front of her and attempts to snip. :teehee: She got out of his way and he worked more on the bowl. Next they just stand awhile looking around. At 5:25, Pa went to the left branch and flew in a bit. Ma continued to stand on the nest. She flew at 6:32. Ma is back at 7:42 and eventually went to the bowl to aerate. Pa arrived at 7:45 and he tries to snip at her a couple times and Ma turned around and reared her head back a little and gave him a look that definitely showed her agitation with him.:teehee: Pa decided to aerate the bowl instead. Ma flew at 7:50 and Pa followed in a bit. It turned out to be for the night as neither one has returned this evening. Ma still has not arrived as I leave at 12:30 am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:56 pm 

:15heartbeat: This is a far different report than usual. Ma did not stay overnight on the nest. In fact, she did not show up to the nest at all today that I am aware of. I saw her last at 7:50 pm when she flew from the nest yesterday. And Pa was here only twice today that I am aware of. The 1st visit I missed d/t a reset, but learned from chat was at about 2:05 this afternoon. The 2nd visit I did get to see and was at 8:04 this evening when he arrived with a stick to place. He placed it 3 times to the rails before he was satisfied with it's final destination. He flew out for the evening at 8:05. A few minutes prior to his arrival you could see an eagle moving from branch to branch in the back woods and one flying in the background about a minute or less prior to his arrival on the nest. I suspect both sightings were him. Ma is not on the nest as I leave at 11:55 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:32 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Unfortunately there was a reset this morning and I missed their 1st visit of the day. Per chat, Ma and Pa came in at 6:36 this morning. Pa did not stay long and Ma flew at about 7:18. At 10:00 a crow is on the nest again slinging Pa's fluff about the nest floor. Did not see anyone the rest of the day till 8:02 pm when Ma arrived to the nest and stood followed by Pa arriving to the left branch and walking down to the nest. He immediately went to the bowl to aerate, aerate the floor, rail work, aerate bowl, stood, rail work. Ma moved to the bowl, Pa picked up a pine cone, then they got into 2 snipping fusses.:teehee:
You can tell Pa wants Ma to move ... she does. Pa then gets busy aerating the bowl again, rail work, and on his way back toward the bowl he passes Ma and they nearly snip again.:teehee: He moves on to do more rail work, chews on the bark of a rear branch, more rail work. Pa to the left branch at 8:30 and flew for the night. Ma squatted down over the bowl and aerated. She's up at 8:35 to stand in it for a bit, then moved out of the bowl to stand on the floor of the nest. Surprisingly, she flew for the night at 8:45. Ma has not returned as I leave at 12:32 am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:15 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:39 this morning to the left branch and in a bit went down to the nest moving sticks from the floor to the rails, aerated the bowl, then stands awhile. He flew at 6:47. Pa arrives at 1:23 and stands. Ma arrived at 1:47. He gently beaks the side of her head and beak. :loveheart2: Then they stand and eventually he does rail work. Ma to the bowl and crouches over it to aerate, Ma reaches over and pecks Pa's side gently. :loveheart2: He flew at 1:53. Ma stood up in the bowl at 3:41 and back down to lie in it at 3:49. She continued to lie in the bowl till 5:38 when she got up and stood on the nest flying out seconds later. Pa arrives at 5:42 and stands in the bowl looking around. He walked over to the right rails looking, then to the rear of the nest and stood. Back to the bowl at 6:01 to stand, then tries to move one of his pine cones out of the bowl several times, but it kept rolling back into it. Ma arrived at 6:04 and Pa decided to get busy when he saw her flying in.:teehee: He moved sticks on the floor and aerates. They stood a bit. Then Pa does rail work, aerates the bowl, rail work, moved a pine cone on the floor to the rail, stood awhile, rail work. Ma to the bowl at 6:20. Pa to the right branch at 6:21 and out of sight, but probably flew seconds later from Ma's reaction as she seemed to follow his flight out. It was for the night as he has not returned. Ma lies down in the bowl at 6:27 and has remained lying in it the rest of the evening. Ma is lying in the bowl asleep with her head tucked at 12:15 am as I leave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:31 this morning and moved a stick that had drifted to the floor back to the rail again. Then he moved toward the bowl where he crowds Ma out so he can aerate, more rail work. Ma flew at 6:34. Pa went to the left branch at 6:35 and flew. A crow arrived to the left branch at 9:05 and down to the nest to sling some of Pa's fluff on the floor. These are the only times I saw Ma and Pa today. There was a reset and I missed the period between 5:42 and 6:32 pm. At 5:42 pm one person on chat noted Ma, however there was no further mention of her after that. So she may have had a visit during this period that I could not view. I am wondering if they are starting to shift to their summertime schedule ... time will tell. Ma is not on the nest as I leave at 11:37 pm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:29 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrives at 6:33 this morning and moves a stick from the bowl, aerates, rail work, chews the bark on the right, rear, branch. Ma arrives at 6:42. Pa to the bowl to aerate, rail work. Ma to the left branch at 6:47 and flew. Pa flew from the left branch at 6:49 after stopping to watch where Ma went. Pa arrived at 9:45 and stands. Then he turns toward the bowl and moves a stick out, picked up a feather and moved it, stood. To the rear at 10:19 and flew. At 3:36, Ma arrives with a fish maybe and has a stick caught in her talons on the bad foot. She eats and as she struggles she loses the stick, but a pine cone gets stuck in her talons. She finished eating at 3:45 and picks up the dropped bits from her meal. She is feaking a minute later. Then she stands and keeps looking upward and around. She eases into the "Heraltic Pose" from 4:24-4:33. She flew at 4:38. Ma arrives at 8:41 and Pa to the left branch a couple minutes later. She went to the bowl to aerate and stood. Pa toward the bowl and moves a pine cone nearby. Then they aerate the bowl together. By 8:45 as they are too close together they begin snipping on one another, then Pa was fast hitting with it causing Ma to finally just hold her head back out of his way. :teehee: Pa to the right rails to stand, then comes back around to stand next to Ma who squats in the bowl in a hurrying manner. Pa goes back to the right rail, then to the right, rear, branch to chew on the bark more. Pa to the left branch at 8:52 and flew seconds later for the night. Ma stands in the bowl and by 9:01 she is asleep with her head tucked. She has slept in this position the rest of the evening till awaking and eventually backing out of the bowl at 11:50 to stand on the nest. And by 11:55 she is asleep with her head tucked. She awakens at about 12:20 and is standing with her back to us. Than as I leave at 12:28 she tucks her head to sleep once again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:30 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:32 this morning to the left branch, then down to the nest to aerate the bowl, move pine cones and sticks, aerate bowl, rail work, chew the bark on the rear, right, branch, rail work. Ma stretched and was either too close or accidentally touched Pa, so he snipped on her. :teehee: They stand awhile. Ma tries to back up and Pa snipped on her again. :teehee: Next Pa moved sticks on the floor. Ma to the left branch at 6:41 and flies. Pa stood a bit, then flew a minute after Ma left. They were unseen the rest of the day till Ma arrived at 5:26 to stand on the nest and she panted for awhile till settling. By 6:43, she was lying in the bowl. Pa arrived at 8:21 and worked on the nest floor for a couple seconds, then stood. He went to the left branch at 8:24 and flew for the night. Ma up at 8:25 to stand. She flew at 8:52 for the night. She has not returned to the nest as I leave at 12:25 am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:48 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. At 6:28 this morning, Pa arrived with a small stick in his beak and places. Then he headed to the bowl to move sticks and pine cones out of it. He stands about the nest for a bit. At 6:41, Pa up to the right branch and out of sight. Ma to the nest at 10:51 with Pa on her heels. He starts moving debris out of the bowl as does Ma and they are too close which causes a snipping fuss. :teehee: Then gutsy Pa aerates the bowl working directly under Ma's chest. Next Pa moves a stick gone astray back to the rail, more bowl work, rail work, chews on right, rear, branch, moved a pine cone. Then he tried to snip on Ma, but she was too busy preening to notice. :teehee: Next he aerated around the bowl, they stood a bit. Pa shakes out his feathers touching Ma, so she pecked him and another snipping fuss breaks out. :teehee: They stood a bit. Pa to the right branch at 11:13 and out of sight. Ma continued to stand on the nest. Ma to the left branch at 1:15 and flew. They have not returned to the nest the remainder of the day. And still no Ma as I leave at 12:48 am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:51 pm 

:15heartbeat: Ma did not spend the night. Ma and Pa made no visits to the nest today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 10:50 pm.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa to the nest at 6:14 this morning and to the bowl to aerate. Then he stood a bit. Next he moves sticks on the floor. He flew at 6:31. Pa returned at 2:11 and to the bowl to stand. At 2:14, he moves sticks out of the bowl and aerates. He is lying in it a minute later. Up at 2:38 to preen and aerate. Down in bowl at 2:39. On haunches at 2:50 in the bowl, then lying again at 2:54. Up to stand at 3:05. Pa to the left branch at 3:25. Ma arrives to the nest at 3:36 with a fish. Pa turns around on the left branch and back down to the nest to observe Ma eating her fish. Pa to the right branch at 3:39 and out of sight. At 3:50, Ma downs the rest of the fish and the tail. She is feaking on the floor of the nest at 3:51. Ma to the left branch at 3:55 and flew. Ma arrived to the nest at 8:30. She tried to move a stick that had gone astray from the right rail back, but it rolled down on the floor again. Pa arrived at 8:38 and Ma got in the bowl. Ma rakes her beak the wrong way against Pa's wing feathers and Pa almost snips on her. :teehee: Pa moves a stick to the rail and Ma reaches out from the bowl to assist. They snipped on each other. :teehee: He stood a bit. They snipped again on each other. :teehee: He found Ma's stick she had tried to put back on the right rail earlier and gets it placed back successfully. Pa to the right branch at 8:44 and out of sight. Ma lies further down in the bowl and settles. Ma up to stand in the bowl at 10:06. She tucks her head to sleep at 11:19. Awakens at 11:31 and preens. Back to sleep with her head tucked from 11:32-11:40, then awakens and preens. She moved about a little and then back to the bowl to aerate at 11:49. Soon she is asleep again with her head tucked. Ma is getting up to stand at 12:50 as I leave.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:30 this morning with a stick to place, then to the bowl to remove debris and a pine cone, aerate. Ma flew at 6:32. Pa stood a bit, then flew at 6:38. Ma arrives at 11:40 and to the bowl and lies down in it. Ma stood at 1:31. Then lies down in the bowl at 2:16. Stood again at 2:55. She flew 3 minutes later. Ma arrives at 4:23 and Pa 3 minutes later to the right branch per evidence of his shadow. He comes down to the nest at 4:27 and moved a pine cone on the floor, then stood a bit. He went to the left branch at 4:29 and out of sight. Eventually he flew per shadow. Ma stood in the "Heraltic Pose" from 4:57- 5:30. She is lying in the bowl by 5:36. She stood at 7:23 and back down to lie on the bowl at 8:27 and aerate. She stood up in the bowl again at 8:32. At 9:52, she backs up to the rear of the nest and stands. Ma goes back to the bowl to stand at 11:17 and aerates. She is asleep with her head tucked at 11:31. Then lying in the bowl by 12:08. Ma continues to lie in the bowl asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 1:03 am.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:43 am 

Dr. C was asked about Ma's leg recently at a site on FB. I do not know in what context for sure, but assume it might be about decline in some degree. Her response was posted in chat here tonight. It is slightly different than it was a couple years ago or so, but in a significant way. I left off the person's name she was responding to.

"I know it is troubling to see the female eagle having to endure her bad leg. I've been in contact about her with the GA DNR who in turn consult with the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Their decision is to not try to capture her because it would be riskier to her life to do that than to let her be. Even if they did decide to try to capture her, the veterinarians at Southeastern Raptor Rehab feel that the leg is not repairable and they would euthanize her. She can perch just fine and is feeding herself and of course can fly free, so she just really only has trouble when she is on the nest. So, the best course of action for her is to let her continue to be a free eagle and let nature take its course.

Hope that helps."

Renee'

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa came in for his 1st visit at 6:14 this morning. Ma flew out at 6:29 and he at 6:34. They stayed away till afternoon and behaved in their normal manners and routines ... except no snipping fusses today that I saw. :teehee: Ma especially has spent a lot of time here since this afternoon and Pa made his usual timely visits and stayed fairly busy with his work. Ma is spending the night.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:06 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night. Pa arrived to the left branch at 6:20 this morning, but out of sight. He dropped down to the nest a minute later. Ma aerated the bowl a little as did he. Ma to the right rail and Pa to the bowl to stand. Ma to the left branch at 6:25 and flew seconds later. Pa flew at 6:27. Ma returns at 3:08 and stands and preens. From 4:01-4:11, Ma stood in the "Horaltic Pose". She called out once before going to the left branch at 4:14 and flew. Ma arrived at 8:39 and Pa a minute later. He got busy clearing sticks and a pine cone from the bowl, then aerated it as Ma stood nearby. Pa continued with his aeration going under Ma's chest to do so and got too close and eventually they snipped on each other. :teehee: Pa went to the left branch at 8:46 and flew. Ma continued to stand. She went to the bowl at 9:16 to stand. She continued to stand there the rest of the evening and has slept some and been awake some and preened some. She is asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 1:06 am.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:22 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest and was standing on the rear rail when Pa arrived to the left branch at 6:22 this morning. After a few seconds he went to the bowl to move out debris, aerate, then rail work. Ma flew at 6:29 and Pa watched to see where she was headed, then he went to the left branch at 6:30 and flew. Ma to the nest at 1:55 and crouched over the bowl a couple minutes later. She was lying in it by 2:20. She got up at 3:48 to stand. Then back down again at 4:31. She got up to stand again at 6:01. She flew for the night at 6:07. She has not returned as I leave at 12:25 am.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:59 am 

:1val: Ma did end up spending the night on the nest. She flew in sometime between 12:25 am when I checked last and 1:50 am when someone on chat noted her presence. I saw her on the nest this morning at 6:04 asleep with her head tucked. Pa arrived at 6:25 to the left branch and down to the bowl seconds later to move debris, aerate, rail work. Ma flew at 6:27. Pa watched, then more rail work before going to the left branch and flying out at 6:30. Ma returned at 9:38 to the bowl to stand. She is crouching over it by 10:08 and lying in it by 10:26. Ma up at 12:32 and flew out a minute later. Ma returned at 1:53. She is crouching over the bowl and aerating it by 1:59, then she continued to crouch. There was a reset and I missed her time of departure, but it was between 3:48 and 4:10. Pa arrived at 7:27 and moved debris out of the bowl, rail work, then stood a bit. He flew at 7:47. Pa arrived at 8:48 and does some rail work, then to the bowl to stand. Ma arrived at 8:49. Pa moved on to the nest floor and aerated, rail work, bowl work. Pa flew for the night at 8:55. Ma continued to stand with one foot in the bowl and the bad one on the nest. She is asleep with her head tucked by 9:36. She has moved to stand in the bowl completely and mainly slept the rest of the evening, but awake for short intervals. She is awake and preening as I leave at 1:00 am.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:00 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. I do not know when Pa arrived this morning as he was already there when I went back as far as I could on the DVR which was 6:24 am and I caught Ma flying out. Pa flew at 6:31. Ma arrived with a fish at 12:32 and Pa to the left branch seconds later, but out of sight. Ma downed the rest of the fish with tail at 12:42, then ate bits dropped to the floor and was feaking by 12:43. Pa decided to join her at this time and came down to the bowl. He moved sticks, aerated, found bits of fish to eat. Ma flew at 12:45. Pa stood for awhile, then flew at 12:58. Ma arrived at 8:31 and stood. She started crying out at 8:53 when she noticed Pa flying in with food. She grabbed the remains of a mammal, mainly pelt and legs and attempted to gulp it down. Pa went to the left branch at 8:54 and flew out for the night. She stopped and turned around to watch where Pa went. Then she worked on trying to get it down again. She swallowed it whole at 8:57 and is feaking by 8:59, then to the bowl to stand. Ma has been standing, preening or sleeping the rest of the evening. She is standing in the bowl with her back to us and has just tucked her head to sleep as I leave at midnight.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next