Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:32 pm 

:15heartbeat: Pa remains on nest at 8:33 pm. See BCE FB report at bottom of previous page.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am 

7:05ammom in and dad leaves right away

mom stands at back for a bit and then proceeds to eat the fish. She finishes it all

after she finishes , she leaves the nest out the back. Never goes to egg.

dad comes back an d incubates a minute or two and is up an d out and then back in a few.

I will not speculate as to what happened . We will never know. It i s nature . I just love watching the dynamics of this pair. :7val: It was not meant to be and we move on. they will be fine. I hope mom can rest that leg a bit . Lying in the damp for hours did it no favors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:16 am 

:15heartbeat: Pa returned to the left branch at 8:20 and down to the nest and then over the bowl. He got off the egg at 9:22 and then to where the fish had been to nibble on any morsels left behind on the floor of the nest. Then to the bowl and he retrieves the shell with lining he had accidentally brought yesterday and moves it toward the low end of the left rail, then back to the bowl and over the egg. Off the egg at 9:50 and he flew out the rear. He returned within a couple minutes and back to the egg and over the bowl. There has been a reset, but Pa continues over the egg at 11:33. Several minutes ago, saw him change positions and roll the egg. Pa got off the egg and was vocal at 11:59, because he could see Ma coming in. She arrived with a stick to place. He flew out the rear at noon. She stood there without placing the stick. At the end of the 12:07 minute she flew to the left branch. She flew at 12:08 and the egg remains alone since Pa left. At 1:37, Pa returns with a fluff delivery. He sees the stick Ma brought in earlier and picks it up and places it to the right rail. A part of it broke and he brought the remainder and placed it toward the left, rear, rail. Then to the egg at 1:39, that he rolls before lying down over. Pa sees something and begins watching at 1:41 outward from the nest. He got up at 1:42 and toward the rear when Ma flies in with a huge fluff delivery at 1:43 and he flew. She only made 1 attempt to spread the fluff before Pa flew and then stopped. She watched him leave, looked toward the egg a couple times, then pretty much stood there. At 1:57, she was vocal and seconds later we see Pa flying in the rear and to the nest with a stick delivery. He placed it inside the bowl and then outside of it as he stood on the rear wall of the bowl. Then he turned around and flew out the rear of the nest as Ma watched. She stood looking around till 2:06 when she flew to the left branch, then flew out. Pa returned at 2:18 and went to the bowl and laid down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:50 pm 

Video link

https://youtu.be/LGT2L6OZTmY

edited but ma brings in stick, stays a bit. pa places it and beings in a bit of hay. ma brings in a whole was of hay.

they are going to be just fine and so are we. Even though pa is incubating, he is leaving more and staying away a bi t longer. They are moving on. those that counted ma out, well is doing great. :7val: :7val: :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 pm 

:15heartbeat: Pa remains on the egg as I leave at 2:52. When Pa takes a longer break it is because when he leaves the nest Ma is there usually, otherwise if he leaves the nest without her being on there, he usually returns within 1-2 minutes and to me he has left for a PS off the nest and then returns right away to protect the egg and resume incubation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:19 pm 

so happy these two are moving on. P a always did like sitting in nest, egg or no egg. But he brought in a little stick today also. Forgot to mention that, they are both well fed now . I feel good about this :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:22 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
:15heartbeat: Pa remains on the egg as I leave at 2:52. When Pa takes a longer break it is because when he leaves the nest Ma is there usually, otherwise if he leaves the nest without her being on there, he usually returns within 1-2 minutes and to me he has left for a PS off the nest and then returns right away to protect the egg and resume incubation.

Bringing this forward to continue. Although this egg will not hatch, Pa continues to care for it. He is still over it as I leave at 3:26 nest time. Pa off the egg at 3:51 and he stands a bit shakes out his feathers, then flies out the rear. Ma arrived to the rear of the nest with a long piece of black prey to eat at 3:52. She struggled initially, but is now eating possibly the remains of a coot at 3:55. Then she is struggling again to get it positioned so-so, but is getting at least some small bites on occasion. She finally just downs a big strand of it at 4:01 as it is a struggle for her to hold and tear. Then another long piece is downed for the same reason. She stops feeding and stands for a bit. She turned slightly and flew out the rear at 4:03. Some of the coot remains on the nest. Neither has returned as I leave at 4:25. At 6:11 pm, Pa arrives to the rear of the nest with a fluff delivery. He lifts it to spread and then notices the remains of the coot. He then picks up the remains and begins to eat. At 6:17, he flew out the rear. Some of the coot remains on the nest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:16 pm 

no point in me posting too much here, :girlcrazy: except for pciutres. but I still think they have moved on. but all is speculation anyway. Love that Ma is back and doing well. only the eagles know for sure what they are thinking :girlyes:

everyone entitled to their thoughts,

as I post now Pa has returned to eat and then is gone again. egg unattended for around 3 hours.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:18 pm 

Yes they are bev and I surely hope you will allow me to have mine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm 

I have been observing and documenting with times for a very long time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:32 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
SWINWK wrote:

Bringing this forward to continue. Although this egg will not hatch, Pa continues to care for it. He is still over it as I leave at 3:26 nest time. Pa off the egg at 3:51 and he stands a bit shakes out his feathers, then flies out the rear. Ma arrived to the rear of the nest with a long piece of black prey to eat at 3:52. She struggled initially, but is now eating possibly the remains of a coot at 3:55. Then she is struggling again to get it positioned so-so, but is getting at least some small bites on occasion. She finally just downs a big strand of it at 4:01 as it is a struggle for her to hold and tear. Then another long piece is downed for the same reason. She stops feeding and stands for a bit. She turned slightly and flew out the rear at 4:03. Some of the coot remains on the nest. Neither has returned as I leave at 4:25. At 6:11 pm, Pa arrives to the rear of the nest with a fluff delivery. He lifts it to spread and then notices the remains of the coot. He then picks up the remains and begins to eat. At 6:17, he flew out the rear. Some of the coot remains on the nest.

It is my opinion, that Pa has not given up yet so to speak, but surely will do so soon. The reason he left at 3:51 is because he could see Ma coming in with the coot in the distance. She landed on the nest with it in the very next minute after he flew. I believe Pa arrived 2 hours and 20 minutes later, because he does not necessarily realize she is not incubating when he is gone, as they have always cooperated in nest exchanges in the past. He did arrive again now at 6:25 and went to the egg and is lying over the bowl. He then begins to pull fluff toward his chest. At 6:28, he seems to see something in the distance. Ma arrives to the rear of the nest in this 6:28 minute and begins to pull up the coot to eat. Pa is off the egg and aerating the bowl by 6:29. Ma is having a little trouble eating and keeping her balance and must throw out her wing to catch and steady herself and at least twice her wing has reached over Pa's head. He went to the rear of the nest and flew at 6:30 as Ma is still on the nest eating. By 6:35, Ma appears to be finished eating and is feaking on the rails, then to the left rail and flies out. At 6:37, you can see Pa flying in the background and he arrives to the rear rails. He eats a couple of tidbits from the floor of the nest by the coot, then on to the bowl at 6:38. He rolled the egg, got over the bowl and brought fluff toward his chest. He continues to lie over the bowl as I leave at 7:00 pm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 pm 

some pciutres of mom bringing in a large coot, eating, then pa finally coming back to eat, he leaves and mom comes back to eat. What a gal :7val:
huge
some leftovers

dad finally in to have his share :teehee:

mom back for dessert

gotta love her :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
SWINWK wrote:
SWINWK wrote:

It is my opinion, that Pa has not given up yet so to speak, but surely will do so soon. The reason he left at 3:51 is because he could see Ma coming in with the coot in the distance. She landed on the nest with it in the very next minute after he flew. I believe Pa arrived 2 hours and 20 minutes later, because he does not necessarily realize she is not incubating when he is gone, as they have always cooperated in nest exchanges in the past. He did arrive again now at 6:25 and went to the egg and is lying over the bowl. He then begins to pull fluff toward his chest. At 6:28, he seems to see something in the distance. Ma arrives to the rear of the nest in this 6:28 minute and begins to pull up the coot to eat. Pa is off the egg and aerating the bowl by 6:29. Ma is having a little trouble eating and keeping her balance and must throw out her wing to catch and steady herself and at least twice her wing has reached over Pa's head. He went to the rear of the nest and flew at 6:30 as Ma is still on the nest eating. By 6:35, Ma appears to be finished eating and is feaking on the rails, then to the left rail and flies out. At 6:37, you can see Pa flying in the background and he arrives to the rear rails. He eats a couple of tidbits from the floor of the nest by the coot, then on to the bowl at 6:38. He rolled the egg, got over the bowl and brought fluff toward his chest. He continues to lie over the bowl as I leave at 7:00 pm. Pa up at 8:24 to roll the egg, do a little aeration to the bowl and changes position and back down over the egg. Read from someone on the ground today that they were seen flying together in the same direction and returning from that direction at some point. Also, someone saw them mating yesterday. Pa remains on egg duty at midnight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:11 am 

:15heartbeat: Pa has remained over the egg through the night. Looked as if there were some very light, snow flurries around 2:00 am.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:34 am 

will be back with pictures as soon as program working

mom in early morning. she is still a beauty
dad

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:53 am 

:15heartbeat: Pa got off the egg when Ma arrived at 6:54 this morning. He was vocal and went to the right branch where he remained vocal, then flew. Ma pretty much stood in the same place as she had arrived and finally at about 7:31 she stepped 1 foot back and leaned over to move some of the floor fluff around. At 7:36 she hopped forward in the nest once and then hopped upward to the left limb. Then she turned around and hopped down onto the nest at 7:37 and back to standing at the rear of the nest. She flew at 7:39 to the left branch, then flew out. Pa arrived in the same 7:39 minute to the left branch, scooted down to the nest and got over the egg and started bringing fluff toward his chest to fill in the gap. He got up at 8:07, changed positions rolled the egg, brought fluff toward his chest. At 8:35, another position change, egg roll, fluff toward the chest. At 9:39 after bringing more fluff to his chest, he's up once again and decides it's time for an egg roll, position change and fluff to the chest. He is still in this position as I leave at 9:53.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:20 am 

:flirty: Wonder when nature will let them know this egg won't hatch... So sweet though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 pm 

mom already knows Gigi. We have seen so times with pairs, one stays with egg longer. Last time it was little dad who wanted to bury egg( a few years back), and mom wanted to keep incubating. :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:06 pm 

:15heartbeat: I'm not sure gigi, Ma stopped tending to the egg several days ago, but so far Pa continues to care for it. At 10:09, Pa got off the egg, stood, shook out his feathers and flew out the rear. He returned at 10:10 to the rear, so probably away for a PS. He went to the bowl rolled the egg and snuggled down over it and brought fluff toward his chest. At 10:17, he started looking toward the right and up, then in the next minute he got off the egg and flew out the rear. He returned to the rear of the nest at 10:22 and nibbled on the coot remains. At 10:23 he turned and flew out the rear. At 10:24, he returned to the left branch and scooted down it to the nest and went to the bowl and snuggled down over the egg and brought the fluff toward his chest. At 10:29, he's off the egg again and flew from there out the rear. He returned at 10:34 to the front of the nest and to the egg, snuggles over and adjusts the fluff. At 10:47, he's off the egg once again and stands and looks outward, I thought he was going to fly again, but he doesn't instead going back to the egg in a different position and back over the egg bringing the fluff in close. He's up once again at 10:50 and flies from beside the bowl out the rear. He returns to the front of the nest at 11:30 and is looking upward. He did this for a few seconds and then he made a step toward the left branch, but then turned and went to the egg and snuggled and fluffed. Pa leans over to get out of the way and gets up at 11:42 as Ma comes in and lands beside the bowl. She moved to the rear of the nest and is pulling on the claw of one of her talons on the left foot. Then she tucks that foot under her feathers and is standing on one foot. She preens, then looks around for awhile. She flies at 11:54 to the left branch, then away. Nobody is on the nest as I leave at 12:05.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:11 pm 

I wonder if his continued incubating is due to his not being on the egg(s) as much as Mom making her more tuned into every little movement and peep coming from them. :girlcrazy:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next