Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: NORTHEAST FLORIDA, October 2016- September 2017
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:31 pm 

Hope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:36 am 

:1snowflake: Beautiful! Thanks Loza.

Below is an update from yesterday about Peace from the American Eagle Foundation cam website. Peace is now perching on the ground perch. Here's a pic from the website. Praying this bird can be reunited with its family soon:

Peace in rehab.

NE Florida Eaglet Rescue Memo

Update Feb. 17, 2017

“Peace” is a most special patient at Audubon with his own special mew (enclosure) inside their clinic. He has received PT (physical therapy) to help with his walking. He still is hesitant with his foot, but can stand and put weight on it, and was perching this morning. He is eating and gaining small amounts of weight each day. Audubon continues to test blood every 48 hours to rule out anything neurological, but there is no diagnosis yet. We hope to officially know “Peace’s” sex by Monday!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:39 pm 

Lots of wingercising and hop flapping going on here. This is one handsome looking youngster.

Hope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:40 am 

It's confirmed....Peace is a boy! Yesterday's update is that he is still hesitant about that R foot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm 

Hope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:48 am 

Hope officially branched at 7:10 am this morning according to the website. They are pushing Peace harder in PT. Below is a Facebook post from Sat, courtesy of American Eagle Foundation. I really hope they can get Peace back in the nest soon, although I would be worried that any disturbance could cause a premature fledge by Hope. I'm sure they'll do what's best for all.

AEF-NEFL UPDATE ON PEACE: "It's a boy!" Yes, the Audubon clinic confirmed Peace is male through blood results just received. They pushed him a little harder on his physical therapy today, and they are still working on his balance issue, but he's doing well!

Juliet & Hope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:09 pm 

Nadia wrote:
Hope officially branched at 7:10 am this morning according to the website. They are pushing Peace harder in PT. Below is a Facebook post from Sat, courtesy of American Eagle Foundation. I really hope they can get Peace back in the nest soon, although I would be worried that any disturbance could cause a premature fledge by Hope. I'm sure they'll do what's best for all.

AEF-NEFL UPDATE ON PEACE: "It's a boy!" Yes, the Audubon clinic confirmed Peace is male through blood results just received. They pushed him a little harder on his physical therapy today, and they are still working on his balance issue, but he's doing well!

Me too, Nadia.... Some viewers have asked AEF on FB what they are going to do and it sounds like they're not sure... maybe they'll drop him off 'in the neighborhood' of the nest, so that his family can see him without disturbing the nest. It'll be interesting....
Thanks for the updates!
:6snowflake:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:53 pm 

02/20 Hope

12.15 pm Hope practicing the wings and jumping

more video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 pm 

:8snowflake: :loveheart2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:50 am 

The American Eagle Foundation cam site posted an update on Peace yesterday. There is also an update on their Facebook page. See both below. At this point, with this eaglet "prancing" around the clinic, he sounds fine, but I'm no expert. Early on it sounded as if there was a sore R foot/leg, since he was favoring that foot. Yet, it was the L foot that had the fishing twine around it. To date, all tests are good with no diagnosis and no confirmed neurological problem to account for the balance issue, which is improved and I'm guessing, related to a sore foot. I really pray that they can get this bird back to his parents ASAP for some "eagle" parenting. Perhaps once Hope is flight worthy, they can return Peace to the nest without much disturbance. He has missed out on some feeding lessons that Juliet has provided Hope lately. Praying they can be reunited soon.

Update Feb. 20, 2017

As viewed today, Peace was shy when he first came out of his mew, but quickly pranced around the clinic at Audubon for his PT exercise. He is progressing well and weighed in at 6.5 lbs. He was later feasting (behind closed doors in his mew) on his breakfast. Earlier updates confirmed that Peace is a male eaglet! Peace is a most special patient at Audubon with his own special mew (enclosure) inside their clinic. Audubon continues to test blood every 48 hours to rule out anything neurological, but there is no diagnosis yet.

Facebook update 14 hrs ago.
AEF-NEFL UPDATE ON PEACE: As viewed today Peace was shy once out of his mew and walked (or ran) within the clinic at Audubon this morning for his PT exercise. Actually his stance is quite typical of youngsters as they think they are hiding. He actually pranced around the clinic. He is progressing well and weighed in at 6.5#. He was later feasting (behind closed doors in his mew) on his breakfast. Updates will be posted as received from Audubon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:48 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm 

I owuld be very surprised if they returned Peace here at this point. with Hope starting to branch, that would be dangerous. But if they can get Peace ready for flight, releasing him in area would not be unheard of.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 pm 

I agree Bev. I think they will need to wait until Hope makes her 1st successful flight. A disturbance at the nest could cause a premature fledge and then they'll be rescuing Hope. Once she's flying (they believe Hope is female), they can probably safely return Peace to the nest or area. Here's a video from this morning of Hope getting some good lift and moving to a higher perch (Courtesy of American Eagle Foundation, NE Florida Eagle cam site). I suspect Hope will take off any day now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 pm 

Great news! Update on Peace from the American Eagle Foundation cam site. They are moving him into a flight cage tomorrow and he will have an adult non-releasable male eagle as a companion. See below:

Update Feb. 23, 2017

Good News. . .Peace is progressing into the flight area at Audubon on Friday. They have constructed an elevated nest platform lined with natural & similar nest material. They will continue to feed Peace 3x/day disguised behind a black curtain. There is one mature non-flighted male eagle in the flight area that will act as a mentor for Peace. This eagle will encourage Peace and create a sense of normalcy as Peace observes him. Audubon knew something was wrong with Peace, but they do not have a specific diagnosis. His imbalance may never be known, but has improved. Transferring Peace into the flight area is a very reassuring and a positive step forward.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Nadia....I just saw this on Facebook...

"AEF-NEFL Here's Peace just placed in his nest platform inside the 100' x 25' x 20' flight cage outside at Audubon. Peace had a shower today and groceries were left! He will remain there and take flight when he's ready. We look forward to his release in the nest area when Audubon declares him ready. Until then we will be able to view Peace on a live cam that will stream starting next week! Here is the link: http://www.acfbop.org We will post when the cam is live."

We'll be able to check in on him!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:13 pm 

:sum9: That's awesome, thanks!

Hope is having a lazy morning. She is 67 days old today and they say fledge is around 70. So....any day now. She is a beauty.

Hope blinked just as I caught this pic. I was marveling at how yellow her feet are!

Hope looking very regal. Just before I caught this pic, she had been doing a one-footed perch for a while in strong winds and kept herself amazingly steady.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm 

Hope is still in the nest today and doing well. Below is an update on Peace - really good news. Courtesy of American Eagle Foundation cam website. :15heartbeat:

Update Feb. 26, 2017

You can view Peace live at http://www.acfbop.org. Peace has a nest approximately 3 feet off the ground on the right side of Cam 2. It was placed there to allow Peace to be with the other eagle in the flight barn. He will remain there and take flight when he's ready. Audubon staff has seen a considerable improvement in Peace’s behavior/activity since he was moved to the flight cage on Friday late afternoon. He is eating well and even begging the other eagle to feed him! His world is better and will soon be even better! We look forward to his release in the nest area when Audubon declares him ready

The below link will take to you to a blog update on Peace with a video of him flapping and getting some lift. He's perching like a big boy! He has taken well to his roommate, who he follows around...lol. He is a very eager learner, just like his sister Hope.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:20 am 

Last night's "tuck-in" note indicates that Peace was doing "marvelously." I had a chance to check his cam early this morning to find both Peace and the companion adult eagle (I think his name is Bob), perched side by side on a branch in front of the nest tray. Peace did some good wing flaps and bonked Bob in the head, who didn't seem to mind at all. I am so glad Peace has bonded with this adult and has an eagle to mentor him.
:loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:13 pm 

EDIT :

Peace at the Flight Barn with an Adult Eagle Mentor

author :Sandy F. aka_AEF

published 26. 02. 2017
© 2017 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01
Lunch

11.57 am Hope hop on a branch

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:38 pm 

:1snowflake: She is beautiful Loza. Hope got up on that branch so confidently. Flight will be any day now. She really looks great! :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next