Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
I created a new topic PHOTO SHARING WEBSITES in the ALL ABOUT PICTURES AND POSTING TIPS forum

It is not locked so if you have websites that allow photo sharing please post them here.
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2416

Here is the first post in Photo Sharing Websites:
There are several photo sharing websites. Here are two that I know of.

PostImage They offer free image sharing. Link to sign up. https://postimages.org/
I do not use this so I cannot speak to how this works.

PhotoBucket - they used to offer free sharing but changed that to paid plans. Here is a somewhat reasonably priced annual plan.

Image

Here is the link
http://photobucket.com/p500/?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:12071385&utm_campaign=2018-02-04-Subscription

Email address to discuss plans - bcampbell@photobucket.com

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54707
Thanks gigi...let's add http://www.imgur.com to that list. I am very pleased with it, so far!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
Thanks gigi...let's add http://www.imgur.com to that list. I am very pleased with it, so far!!
Added!!

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm
Posts: 25781
Location: st. albert alberta
gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
Thanks gigi...let's add http://www.imgur.com to that list. I am very pleased with it, so far!!
Added!!


it was locked gigi, but I am happy with postimage so far. still testing slideshow sites. does your do slideshows also SGB KF sent me one but I have not had tim e to try yet.

_________________
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuhr


Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
bev. wrote:
gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
Thanks gigi...let's add http://www.imgur.com to that list. I am very pleased with it, so far!!
Added!!
it was locked gigi, but I am happy with postimage so far. still testing slideshow sites. does your do slideshows also SGB KF sent me one but I have not had tim e to try yet.
That must be above my pay grade! :biggrin:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54707
Bev., imgur doesn't have the ability to do slideshows....DEF sent me some websites, which I bookmarked...and I have no idea where I bookmarked them...sigh..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
Bev., imgur doesn't have the ability to do slideshows....DEF sent me some websites, which I bookmarked...and I have no idea where I bookmarked them...sigh..
If you figure it out, let me know. :biggrin:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54707
:newegg: for Liberty and Justice (Washington, DC)..I think on 2/7!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54707
New Eagle nest/cam (I think)

Fraser Point. Interesting Pair History (From info under the cam):
    This camera is about 20m from the Fraser Point Bald Eagle nest that was discovered in 2017 after their previous nest fell out of the tree.The female (A-46) hatched at the Pelican Harbor nest on Santa Cruz Island in 2006. She was the first known bald eagle to hatch on the Channel Islands since 1950. The male, A-64, is her brother and hatched at the Pelican Harbor nest in 2008. He was knocked out of the nest by a subadult eagle and had a puncture in his beak. After being treated at a veterinarians, he was released back on Santa Cruz from a hacking tower. This pair has been breeding since 2012 and successfully raised 3 chicks at this nest in 2017.



_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
New Eagle nest/cam (I think)

Fraser Point. Interesting Pair History (From info under the cam):
    This camera is about 20m from the Fraser Point Bald Eagle nest that was discovered in 2017 after their previous nest fell out of the tree.The female (A-46) hatched at the Pelican Harbor nest on Santa Cruz Island in 2006. She was the first known bald eagle to hatch on the Channel Islands since 1950. The male, A-64, is her brother and hatched at the Pelican Harbor nest in 2008. He was knocked out of the nest by a subadult eagle and had a puncture in his beak. After being treated at a veterinarians, he was released back on Santa Cruz from a hacking tower. This pair has been breeding since 2012 and successfully raised 3 chicks at this nest in 2017.


Thanks SGB! I had that listed as part of the IWS group on the main Eagle Cams page, but not on the California page.

And Happy Birthday to you! :bday The male is at the nest now! :flirty:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 am
Posts: 205
:hatchegg: First hatch of three eggs at Sutton / Sequoyah NWR, Vian, OK today, 2-8-18 sometime between 3pm and 5pm. I posted pictures on the BCAW facebook page.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 am
Posts: 205
:newegg: at West End eagle nest, IWS Santa Catalina, California


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 am
Posts: 205
:newegg: :newegg: :newegg: Third eagle egg at Sauces Canyon, Channel Islands, California!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
Eagle calendar updated!
:newegg: West End, IWS Santa Catalina, California

:newegg: :newegg: :newegg: Sauces Canyon, Channel Islands, California
:hatchegg: Sequoyah Vian OK aka Sutton Sequoyah

Thank you so much MISue! :biggrin:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm
Posts: 25781
Location: st. albert alberta
MISue wrote:
:newegg: :newegg: :newegg: Third eagle egg at Sauces Canyon, Channel Islands, California!


:flirty:

_________________
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuhr


Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 25592
Location: Milton, Pa.
New Bald Eagle nest
PSE&G NJ Audubon Eagle Cam Live

_________________
The soul is the same in all living creatures...although the body of each is different.
~Hippocrates~


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 25592
Location: Milton, Pa.
Did we know about this?

_________________
The soul is the same in all living creatures...although the body of each is different.
~Hippocrates~


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am
Posts: 10154
kittenface wrote:
Did we know about this?



And backing up in the live stream, I think the male is C7 c=green 7=black. He visited a few times & did some scratching/digging.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54707
kittenface wrote:
Did we know about this?


Yes....Barb had alerted me that it was coming...YAY!! (I was just awaiting the green light from her)...and yes, same male..and Barb is pretty sure the unbanded female is good old Elizabeth!! Barb worked really, really hard to get this cam back up and running for all of us!! :15heartbeat:

I'll be redoing the Virginia Forums on Saturday....or maybe tonight if I have the time..The forum will look like Indiana...Virginia with sub forums of Cobb (though I doubt there will be a cam) JRB, and Richmond...so, please bear with me..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~JANUARY-MARCH, 2018
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8768
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
kittenface wrote:
Did we know about this?


Yes....Barb had alerted me that it was coming...YAY!! (I was just awaiting the green light from her)...and yes, same male..and Barb is pretty sure the unbanded female is good old Elizabeth!! Barb worked really, really hard to get this cam back up and running for all of us!! :15heartbeat:

I'll be redoing the Virginia Forums on Saturday....or maybe tonight if I have the time..The forum will look like Indiana...Virginia with sub forums of Cobb (though I doubt there will be a cam) JRB, and Richmond...so, please bear with me..
Thank you, Barb!!

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr