Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS~MAY, 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 am 

Steinhuder Meer, Lower Saxony - First osprey hatch - :hatchegg: -

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 am 

skygirlblue wrote:
Sad, Sad, Sad....I just read on Facebook that both Decorah North Eaglets have died. No other info...lots of speculation, etc.

Just heartbreaking..this was the miracle nest. They lost their first egg, but surprised everyone when they reclutched.

they said because of knats . I think they should have rescued, but not my call. ( I saw on FB the knat observation)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 am 

having problems getting into cams

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 am 

still cannot get into cams on BCATW

so I guess I cannot watch what I cannot see. sorry

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:23 pm 

bev. wrote:
having problems getting into cams
What is happening, Bev?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm 

Looks like we have a hatch at Dayton Boonshoft :girlyes:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm 

I had problems getting the cams during the night, Bev. The links to the cams were not showing up. It was completely blank on screen where you normally see the cam link. I went to numerous sites across the forum and it was the same for all. I noticed the "circle of doom" running next to the BCAW tab @ the top left side of screen, but not on the site tab I had selected next to it. I happened to leave for a few minutes with both tabs still up on my computer and when I came back it had stopped circling on the BCAW tab and I noticed instead of the usual cam link @ the site, there was the little light- colored square. I clicked on it and it took me to the site's cam. So if you see the circle on the BCAW tab, wait (took awhile) for it to stop and look for the little square to show up @ the site and click on it. I am not having any trouble now and and am coming in and seeing things as they should be and by now, maybe you are too.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 pm 

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Looks like we have a hatch at Dayton Boonshoft :girlyes:

Make that two :loveheart:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
I had problems getting the cams during the night, Bev. The links to the cams were not showing up. It was completely blank on screen where you normally see the cam link. I went to numerous sites across the forum and it was the same for all. I noticed the "circle of doom" running next to the BCAW tab @ the top left side of screen, but not on the site tab I had selected next to it. I happened to leave for a few minutes with both tabs still up on my computer and when I came back it had stopped circling on the BCAW tab and I noticed instead of the usual cam link @ the site, there was the little light- colored square. I clicked on it and it took me to the site's cam. So if you see the circle on the BCAW tab, wait (took awhile) for it to stop and look for the little square to show up @ the site and click on it. I am not having any trouble now and and am coming in and seeing things as they should be and by now, maybe you are too.
That is interesting. Is the circle of doom the revolving circular arrow for refreshing a site? I had not heard that term before SWINWK.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:34 pm 

No, gigi. When you pull up BCAW and the tab shows up on the left, upper, corner of your screen it normally has a rectangle with a bent back corner on the upper, right, corner of that rectangle just before the word Bird. Instead of that rectangle, I got the spinning circle instead. It normally spins when you go to a site and then stops and the rectangle reappears, once you arrive to the site. During the night it just kept spinning, even though I had arrived to a site. And it spun for a long time. Once it stopped spinning last night the site still did not have the silver bar, the link you normally click to go to a cam, but it did have a little square for a link to the cam instead and you could click on that and then it would go to the cam. Before this square would finally show up, there was absolutely nothing there for you to click on to go to the cams.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:57 pm 

:girlsad3:

Looks like one of the Seattle chicks has passed! The cam was zoomed out yesterday and I couldn't tell how many were in the nest...looked like four. I can see three today and the other one in the nest.
:egg15:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:

I am totally and completely lost and confused... :girlcrazy: (not unusual)...and bev., what cam links are you referring to? Sorry, I've been at work all day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

bev. wrote:
still cannot get into cams on BCATW

so I guess I cannot watch what I cannot see. sorry

The cam links aren't working on BCAW? BCAW does not "house" any cams so there are no cams to view on BCAW. If the links to the cams are not working, please let me know which cams and I will double check the links..

Also, what browser is everyone using. SWINWK, I think you still have an old computer like I do. Sometimes BCAW will not load all the way if you are using an older version of Chrome...it takes several refreshes to get it to load sometimes..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:28 pm 

I am sorry I am unable to make clearer what happened. You already know, I know very little about computers. But, it happened just as I described above in the middle of the night and lasted for quite some time. And it was every cam that I tried to get to. I tried from several sites in addition to Loch of Lowes (which was the cam I actually wanted) to see if this problem was across the forum and there was not a single "click bar" that we normally see at the top of page one at all of the sites to access the cams. I was using Chrome and I have never experienced this in all the years I have been here. I came in this afternoon and it was no longer happening. I saw Bev's post and was just trying to let her know, she was not alone as it had happened to me earlier in the night. I should not have referenced to it as the circle of doom. Sorry for the confusion, you all.

EDIT TO ADD AT 1847: Also, instead of calling it the "click bar," I should have called it the "Follow Me" bar.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:41 pm 

SWINWK wrote:

What you describe here looks like an interruption of the internet connection. Or it could be a temporary unavailability of the site, often due to server issues.
I get it too sometimes (and I have a fairly new laptop with the latest versions of Windows 10 and Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge [yes, I have 4 browsers] :teehee:
Sometimes a website will not load because the server is not responding quick enough. And then there are a few websites, hosted on servers in the USA, that I can never open, due to the weird fact that my IP address appears to be blocked. My internet provider has tried to get this ban lifted but the people who control these servers and have put these IP addresses on their block list, refuse to answer. It affects for instance the site of the Columbus and Ohio DNR and Lansing and the one of Lincoln in Nebraska.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm 

Thanks, DEF! I added an edit above after you posted.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

I guess the big question: Is it a consistent problem or did it only happen that one time. I have to go with DEF. Could be your internet connection that is not loading your pages correctly or completely OR could be the server (ACNET) that hosts BCAW is having issues and is not allowing the forum to load completely (leaving out the "Follow Me" button). Acenet could have been having a hiccup that affected some of you night owls...

If problems continue, lets move this discussion to the FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS/PROBLEMS WITH FORUM COMPONENTS thread..

viewtopic.php?f=88&p=459160#p459160

thanks!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

OMGoodness...Just saw on Facebook that alley has laid an :newegg: at Lincoln!!! What a shocker. They felt sure they had abandoned the box and laid in the gutter above the box. No access, but incubation had been observed...then after heavy rains, that behavior stopped!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:38 am 

Eschenbach, Bavaria - 2nd osprey hatch :hatchegg: :hatchegg:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 am 
Global Moderator

Image Many thanks for all the Breaking News post,
SkygirlBlue (you are truly appreciated :15heartbeat: )

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next