Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: BUFFALO, NY ~ 2015
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:39 pm 

I've sent a couple of emails out to people I know at UB plus I asked on the Peregrine Place page if they had any updates. Still waiting for a reply. :sigh

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Sally!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 pm 

It's been aggravating trying to find out anything for this nest! I haven't given up but it's like people either don't know or they don't want you to know!!!! I have contacted the DEC and hopefully will get a reply soon. It all seems rather suspicious to me at the moment.

:furious:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much, Sally...I'm glad you're not giving up...let me know if we can help...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:22 pm 

I found out that not all of Yankee and Dixie's eggs hatched and that Sage will be posting an update on Peregrine Place FB page soon..she's working on it. :eggup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:10 pm 

Kris G. wrote:
I found out that not all of Yankee and Dixie's eggs hatched and that Sage will be posting an update on Peregrine Place FB page soon..she's working on it. :eggup:

Anxious to hear anything for sure!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm 

Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

Me too! She told me a few days ago there was going to be an update about Yankee, Dixie and their eyases but forgot to post here. I texted her today and she says she's been busy but working on it..hopefully soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm 

Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

Me too! She told me a few days ago there was going to be an update about Yankee, Dixie and their eyases but forgot to post here. I texted her today and she says she's been busy but working on it..hopefully soon.

I reached out to UB people and they said they didn't know anything. Hmmm. And how long would it take someone anyone to post a little something about this site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 pm 

Thank you Carly - I just read the full report on the Peregrine Place Facebook page. I am sad for our Peregrine family this year, but hopefully next year will be different.

:cryinggirl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Carly...As sad as I am for Dixie and Yankee, at least they are with a surrogate. I did not expect that..

Here's some info on Blaze:
    This Peregrine Falcon was placed here by the World Bird Sanctuary of St. Louis, MO. Blaze sustained permanent wing damage from crashing into a window of a skyscraper. Blaze is a highly valued member of our educational team allowing people the opportunity to come face to face with a peregrine falcon, when diving in a stoop peregrines have been recorded at speeds over 280 mph. This feathered missile is the fastest species on the planet!

Hatched: 4/1/2003, Arrived: 6/23/2005

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:37 pm 

I saw this info on the Rfalcon chat & thought it was the Columbus Blaze who was fostering them. :teehee: Glad if they can't have their real mommy, there is a substitute. Hope for the best for the babies & parents.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:21 pm 

Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

I reached out to UB people and they said they didn't know anything. Hmmm. And how long would it take someone anyone to post a little something about this site.

Sally..I kind of doubt UB people would follow up on the birds but then I could be wrong. I've known for a while where the eyases were but didn't think it was my place to say. Sage is friends with the Buffalo area DEC official and she gets her info only as the official decides to give her some. Sage just got this info about the UB gang and because she's had limited arm use from a recent shoulder replacement, it's taken time for her to get this info written up and posted. She did post on Peregrine Place that if there's any questions, text or email her and she'll try to get some answers. Hope this helps. :eggup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:20 am 

Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

Thanks Kris! I wonder if the eyases can have visitors! :smilehat:

Sally..I kind of doubt UB people would follow up on the birds but then I could be wrong. I've known for a while where the eyases were but didn't think it was my place to say. Sage is friends with the Buffalo area DEC official and she gets her info only as the official decides to give her some. Sage just got this info about the UB gang and because she's had limited arm use from a recent shoulder replacement, it's taken time for her to get this info written up and posted. She did post on Peregrine Place that if there's any questions, text or email her and she'll try to get some answers. Hope this helps. :eggup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:29 am 

Quote:

You're welcome, Sally! I very much doubt they would allow visitors because they're trying to keep the babies "wild" and having a foster mom is the best thing for the eyases by keeping them away from human contact as much as possible. I know when we went on tour of the WCV, they didn't allow us to see any of the animals/birds being rehabbed..just the long-term educational ones. Keeping them wild is what it's all about! These birds are also under the jurisdiction of the DEC and they wouldn't be too receptive to them having visitors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:40 am 

Kris G. wrote:
Quote:

You're welcome, Sally! I very much doubt they would allow visitors because they're trying to keep the babies "wild" and having a foster mom is the best thing for the eyases by keeping them away from human contact as much as possible. I know when we went on tour of the WCV, they didn't allow us to see any of the animals/birds being rehabbed..just the long-term educational ones. Keeping them wild is what it's all about! These birds are also under the jurisdiction of the DEC and they wouldn't be too receptive to them having visitors.

Yes definitely realize keeping them wild is the goal. I was being a bit facetious when I said I wonder if they can have visitors. LOL I am so happy the eyases are where they are and have a chance at flying high! Very good move with the surrogate. DEC is to be commended for sure.

:smilehat: :smilehat: :smilehat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:21 pm 

Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

You're welcome, Sally! I very much doubt they would allow visitors because they're trying to keep the babies "wild" and having a foster mom is the best thing for the eyases by keeping them away from human contact as much as possible. I know when we went on tour of the WCV, they didn't allow us to see any of the animals/birds being rehabbed..just the long-term educational ones. Keeping them wild is what it's all about! These birds are also under the jurisdiction of the DEC and they wouldn't be too receptive to them having visitors.[/quote]

Yes definitely realize keeping them wild is the goal. I was being a bit facetious when I said I wonder if they can have visitors. LOL I am so happy the eyases are where they are and have a chance at flying high! Very good move with the surrogate. DEC is to be commended for sure.

Ah, good to know you were kidding. Got one on me! :egglaugh:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:32 pm 

Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

Ah, good to know you were kidding. Got one on me! :egglaugh:[/quote]

Sometimes when I kid around I get misunderstood so please accept my apologies! :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:48 pm 

Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:
Sally wrote:
Kris G. wrote:

Ah, good to know you were kidding. Got one on me! :egglaugh:

Quote:
Sometimes when I kid around I get misunderstood so please accept my apologies! :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

No problem! :smilehat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:24 pm 

A picture of the UB babies at Hawk Creek. They sure look healthy!

:5val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:34 pm 
Global Moderator

:5val:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next