Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Canton ~ 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 pm 

I will try and get to FB but I owuld like to hear the ending.

thanks for this

so glad they are flying well

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:22 pm 

how are things going

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:18 pm 

:hithere: Hi Bev, I checked on Canton's peregrine page. Chad, Ray, and Cheryl are keeping a close eye on the juvies. The juvies are flying well, even practicing food transfers with Mystic. They are still dependent on Mystic and Mo for food. They have become so aggressive that the parents just drop off the food and watch the kids grab for it from a safe distance. I notice also that the kids are expanding their flight boundaries - farther and farther away from the nest box area. All are looking healthy and beautiful. Thanks for asking about them, Bev.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:07 am 

when they leave the box, it thrills me know they are successful I do a fledge watch and so appreciate all the hard work it is to keep an eye but I also know how rewarding.

thank you for keeping me up to date. I just do not have time for facebook right now :egg17:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

:thanku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 am 

how did things go here

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm 

:hithere: Hi Bev ! Checking on the "Canton's Peregrine Pair" Facebook page, Chad says he and Ray have seen a lot of the two girls, Anna and Madge. They are flying amazingly well - Chad had pictures of the girls flying upside down as they were playing high in the air... They are not listening to their momma very well, though. She came over to get some left-overs one day and not only did Anna block Mystic from getting the left overs, Madge flew at mystic, trying to drive her away! Chad has not mentioned Cooper and Axel (the boys) lately. I assume they have left the area...Thanks for asking about them!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:33 pm 

I like to keep track for certain nests but have not the time to go into FB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:53 am 
Site Admin

A new Cam link. I don't know if this is temporary or permanent, but please update your bookmarks/favorites

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 am 

:ohyes:Thanks for the heads up, SGB! I notice there is a "volume" icon in the lower corner. Although there is no sound now, dare I hope for audio next year???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:31 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
A new Cam link. I don't know if this is temporary or permanent, but please update your bookmarks/favorites

there is so much I cannot get. I cannot get this link ???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

bev. wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

there is so much I cannot get. I cannot get this link ???

Bev., I don't know if this helps, but they've switched to Click2Stream, aka Angelcam...same service that streams Cobb and Southloop ....of course, this cam is showing the new Angelcam logo...but still has a click2stream address...Also, it takes a while to load...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:59 pm 
I am Ready for 2016!!
At first this season, without a banding, it seemed to be like a blow that the peregrine program bandings that I had come to look forward to, and really did not get to see but two of them, ended... however as time passes, I still look forward to finding the M's each and every time I cross the bridge as I am coming into downtown Canton, as well as turning the cam on and finding I just missed them redoing the scrape.
The excitement of driving around the blocks around the city, finding and learning where they sit, hiding perches, and seeing mostly the two sitting there, digesting a recent meal that I just missed them catching. Or the many times they leave downtown for one of their many unknown places outside of the view.
Regardless of how the peregrine is "classified" by ODNR they will always be, for me, the best use of my imagination, for they NEVER cease to keep me guessing and using all my senses to keep up with them.

This 2015 season, We were lucky with the females, to have two very distinct body shapes, as well as markings. Differences that made them very distingishable, even after they were flying about.
The males were at first easy, since you could see on the cam, one had white feet and the other yellow, but once they were flying, Maurice headed out of town somewhere with them, and Mystic and the girls hung downtown, with Maurice coming back late evenings, to roost.

Attaching some photo's for year end that for me, were the most exciting and jaw dropping moments from this season's offspring, who, per FB, and this forum section, were named, via the most votes for each name on the list.
Axel & Cooper were the boys' names. Anna & Madge were the girls' names.

Anna (left) Madge (right)

Axel

Cooper

Probably THE most scary and exciting moment this year was when Mystic and Anna both refused to let go of a bird that Mystic had caught toward dark. Anna was fully capable at this time frame to catch herself prey, but she wanted to have what Mystic had, and Mystic did not want her to have it. They both went down out of sight screeching the whole way, each refusing to let go, and the whole sequence is on FB, but this one pic shows the stubborness.
All did turn out ok, with Mystic suddenly appearing from where they went down and she had the bird, but Anna followed her to the AEP tower, and then in a stunning display, Mystic then beak fed her full grown daughter. This whole event was a Double jaw drop for me!

Madge was a bit slower to get moving in terms of fledge, however, when she found her wings, she was a force to reckon with. She was very husky, and seemed slower, but when she dropped this dove that Maurice gave her one evening, she rocketed after it and catching it, proving that she was faster than gravity. We actually cheered out loud when she caught it, without even realizing were were on the street. lol

And Speaking of fledging, the third best heart stopping moment for me, actually came first, when Axel and Cooper found out that climbing over one another, on a tiny ledge, along a sheer wall, will NOT end well, and they both were forced into their very first flight, together!

So, Bring ON 2016!! Lets hope it will be as successful as 2015, and if all goes well between the time of typing this and three short months from now, we will be on egg watch! Have a Great New Years Everyone!

Mystic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:05 am 
Site Admin

:wow:

Wonderful pics and wonderful recap!!!

Thanks Matrix!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16