Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (WEBER)~2015
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 pm 

Sept 1

I do nto forget here. I check here often.
they continue to bond.

I have many pictures of them which will get posted

sometime this fall I will do a tribute to my Miss Edmonton, but I have high hopes for Green girl. Did not think it was appropriate to do tribute in this season, Miss Green needed all of our attention. DO1 has been solid.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:32 pm 

sept 4

Both adults continue to bond . Green girl spends quite a bit of time in box, but then so does DO1 at

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/weber%20sept4-1_zpszwqq21kl.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/weber%20sept3-1_zps2yaeg1za.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/weber%20sept3-2_zpsw28mztdh.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/weber%20sept3-4_zpsjxv7qq1h.jpg.html]Image[/URL

DO1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 pm 

:thumbup :smilehat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 pm 

man, from beginning of season to now, this pair cannot get a break. can hear every word of people on roof They are right by box .

I would not nest here. They are crossing a fine line here. It is just so frustrating. I know season is drawing to a close but I just wish they would respect the may till oct rule.

I almost hope they do choose a better place becasue I am tired of fighting every step of the way

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:59 pm 

sept 11.

keeping a close watch here, because something funny going on and i do not mean a good funny. Cam is lower and it is not because of wind or bird. . you could see inside box and now mostly roof. I have some things recorded but no time to post yet.

Peter and I will be going down today. to check both sites.
hope they are not fooling around , when we need to see who is where. It has been so frustrating here this year.

now can only see roof. Cam keeps restarting , which tells me there is monkey business going on. Bird gone, bird back.
there was kaking for a long time yesterday and I could see guys by box.

I guess Peter and I will have to depend on sightings from ground. so disappointing.

today

yesterday

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:11 pm 

Saturday Sept 12

We went down last night. When we first go Therese no one was in sight. I do nto leave till I see someone. It is too early for adutls to leave although the male here does leave earlier than Chase

the weather changed so quickly that it was cold and windy, very windy. suddenly in flew one, could not stick the landing and flew out east. But wow, what flying . Just seeing how they handle the wind and dive at almost 300 km I am sure. Breathtaking. And then in flew another. It was MIss Green . The wind was carrying her also but she handled it like a pro, and she went in front of nest box. Do1 soon flew in by nest box also.

They went into nest box and chupped and then out flew DO1. WE love watching them fly but to see them fly in wind is awesome but we know can be dangerous at times.

DO1 flew around and then landed on south east ledge out of wind. Miss Green eventually came out of box and we left her on the roof in front of boX

I will be leaving for a few weeks on Thursday, so I do not know if they will still be here when I get back. I know Miss Edmonton always left first week of Oct. I will say my good byes to them this week before I go , in case they are gone. It has been a different season here this year, that is for sure, but MIss Green is so much more grown up than when she came and I am hop;ing hse journeys well and will be back. Same for DO1. He certainly did his best to train her. She is stubborn like her mom.

one might have thought , when they were in box that she ruled the roost but when you saw them outside, not the case. But DO1 reminded me of our super dad we had at U of A years ago. He was very patient and did what he had to do, whether it was to feed, brood or just hunt, or check up on Miss Green , That he did a lot LOL A friend of mine would say, here comes inspection LOL

so I will not end season just yet, in case they are still around when I come back. But Green girl had earned her new wings and title of MIss GReen . She is not a youngster anymore, she is a Matriarch

Pictures from last night. not good as light was poor

DO

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_001-1_zpsd1sik7lk.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_002-1_zpsgaoubnrk.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_003-1_zpszcfuiz1a.jpg.html]Image[/URL
coming in to land

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_004-1_zpsxdzofqi7.jpg.html]Image[/URL

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_005.-1jpg_zpsx3nkct0n.jpg.html]Image[/URL

How sad to see all the geese flying south

miss Green

[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/peterfull/media/2015%20birds%20etc/WEBER_009-1_zps4kos1ygg.jpg.html]Image[/URL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:49 pm 

Wonderful photos bev. Thank you for them, I just love # 4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm 

I was lucky to get that shot. you just keep snapping and hope for something good LOL

Here is MIss Green this morning

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:03 pm 

sept 16

WE saw no one yesterday afternoon but it was raining. We checked all spots but may have been out for a stroll

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:39 am 

here is video form wed evening. watch and listen,

falocn jumps onto cam as you see it go down ,and then I hear , what I think is kid in background and falcon on cam gives a short chup. maybe kid chasing after adult, adult jumps on cam and kid flies around. that is my thought. there was certainly lots of food there.

maybe yellow still dos come back. Wish I could be fly on wall there

one of my friends sent me a few pictures from cam on Thursday of a 2 legged intruder .had camera in hand and even checked out nest box.

I know season is almost at an end, but poor Miss Green. It has been non stop this year, and I just am at my wits end , at what to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:16 am 

About these 2-legged intruders that keep invading the Weber's air space ( :gaaaaah: ):

Maybe, putting up signage with a more official 'feel' would deter some of the activity. For example,

CAUTION

PROTECTED AREA AHEAD

No admittance to roof area May - October

Peregrine Falcon Nest Site is protected under Federal / Provincial By-Law ____

Trespassing is punishable by $___ Fine, etc.

Of course, the wording would have to be researched. Maybe Brenda could give us a quote on the cost and we could find a sponsor i.e. Bin 104 or the building owners, themselves.

If a few of these were put up on the door to the roof, on the side of the nest box, etc.

Just a thought...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:33 am 

I am here, and if you need just ask, and I will get it done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am 

My feeling is , if a building gets a nest box and camera. They should know what is needed by them for the safety of birds and staff. If not, move the box and camera and hope for the best. Having them on alert is never a good thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm 

Westend old bird wrote:
I am here, and if you need just ask, and I will get it done.
Thank you, Westend old bird! Let's see what Bev says...

Westend old bird wrote:
My feeling is , if a building gets a nest box and camera. They should know what is needed by them for the safety of birds and staff. If not, move the box and camera and hope for the best. Having them on alert is never a good thing.

I think building owners / managers have good intentions when they first set this up. I'm sure they mean to follow the rules but if they're not constantly thinking about it and thinking ahead, the rules don't get passed down. Those are my thoughts anyway. :teehee:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26