Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.19
8.28PM

Juvie
Image

Image



07.20
2.34AM

Image



Left at 5.50AM

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
:biggrin:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.20

Sesenta.......
Image




..........chased away by a juvie
Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
:flirty:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.20


2 juvies
Image

Image




juvie #1 on the ledge........
Image



........juvie#2 in the nestbox
Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 4139
Location: Ohio
:loveshow: Arles! Great catches!! Thankyou!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.22

YW, Tsusan ;o)

Last couple of nights the ledge was empty.
Only activity yesterday was a brief visit by
a juvie.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
Thanks for the picture, Arles.
It is going to be another hot day today. Temps in the 90s (32ºC) with high humidity. :1sum:

Hope the birds are finding a cool spot to hang out.

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 4139
Location: Ohio
When I ask for the cam page I'm taken to an Indie Star page.....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
Tsusan wrote:
When I ask for the cam page I'm taken to an Indie Star page.....
Try using this Tsusan:
http://www.indystar.com/story/life/falcon-blog/2013/10/28/falconcam/3289199/

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.25

The ledge was empty last night until a juvie
showed up.


2.31AM
Image



4.54AM
Image



He/she left at 5.20AM
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 23877
Location: st. albert alberta
thank yo ARles. always nice when they appear :15heartbeat:

_________________
Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive. Matt Cameron

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
Bev, I love your tag line: "Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive."

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: The Netherlands
07.26

Juvie
Image



07.27
Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:18 pm
Posts: 52262
:hapdance: :sum9: :loveshow:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 15213
Location: Ohio-USA
:spring1:

Image

_________________
ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL, THE LORD GOD MADE THEM ALL

ImageImage


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:18 pm
Posts: 52262
Good Catch, Beth!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
Well, you know the saying "No news is good news" and I am grateful we have had no news lately.

I did receive a call on Thursday that a falcon was down and a sick feeling hit me. I was told that two DNR employees were on their way to pick up the bird. Unknown if the bird was okay or not so I was on pins and needles. Shortly after the retrieval, the DNR folks thought it was Cooper's hawk, but when they sent a pic to Liz she advised them it was a young kestrel, down on its head and more than likely not ready for prime time.

The youngster was active in the box so they thought it just needed to be checked out and given some additional time before releasing. I offered to take the bird to our avian vet and now it is at bird rehab gaining wing strength before being released back into the wild.

While I was thankful it was not any of our falcon family, I hate when any bird comes down.

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 23877
Location: st. albert alberta
gigi wrote:
Well, you know the saying "No news is good news" and I am grateful we have had no news lately.

I did receive a call on Thursday that a falcon was down and a sick feeling hit me. I was told that two DNR employees were on their way to pick up the bird. Unknown if the bird was okay or not so I was on pins and needles. Shortly after the retrieval, the DNR folks thought it was Cooper's hawk, but when they sent a pic to Liz she advised them it was a young kestrel, down on its head and more than likely not ready for prime time.

The youngster was active in the box so they thought it just needed to be checked out and given some additional time before releasing. I offered to take the bird to our avian vet and now it is at bird rehab gaining wing strength before being released back into the wild.

While I was thankful it was not any of our falcon family, I hate when any bird comes down.


I know how you feel. We got a call this year that our adult male form Weber was down and dead. Peter and I went out , in our pajamas to retrieve it ,as the person had put it on a boulevard. Same thing. it was a small hawk, and although relieved it was not one of ours, we were saddened to see this one had passed.

_________________
Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive. Matt Cameron

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: INDY (MARKET TOWER)-2017
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 7822
Location: Indianapolis
bev. wrote:
gigi wrote:
Well, you know the saying "No news is good news" and I am grateful we have had no news lately.

I did receive a call on Thursday that a falcon was down and a sick feeling hit me. I was told that two DNR employees were on their way to pick up the bird. Unknown if the bird was okay or not so I was on pins and needles. Shortly after the retrieval, the DNR folks thought it was Cooper's hawk, but when they sent a pic to Liz she advised them it was a young kestrel, down on its head and more than likely not ready for prime time.

The youngster was active in the box so they thought it just needed to be checked out and given some additional time before releasing. I offered to take the bird to our avian vet and now it is at bird rehab gaining wing strength before being released back into the wild.

While I was thankful it was not any of our falcon family, I hate when any bird comes down.
I know how you feel. We got a call this year that our adult male form Weber was down and dead. Peter and I went out , in our pajamas to retrieve it ,as the person had put it on a boulevard. Same thing. it was a small hawk, and although relieved it was not one of ours, we were saddened to see this one had passed.
I didn't have my PJs on, but I will remember that in the future. :flirty: I guess anything goes for animal rescue.

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr