Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
1228CDT :egg8: OUT OF SIGHT FOR NOW!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
2117CDT :egg8: DON'T SEE ANYONE TONIGHT, BUT I BET THEY HAVE ALREADY FLEDGED AS I BELIEVE THE 1ST EGG HATCHED ON 04/24/14! MAYBE, JUST A RETURN VISIT LAST NIGHT! :egg19:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
2258CDT :egg8: I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE SINCE MONDAY NIGHT!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
1628CDT :clap: TWO JUVIE FALCONS ARE IN THE NEST! I THINK. :teehee:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
1630CDT :egg19: NOW I ONLY SEE 1 ON LEDGE!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
1631CDT :egg19: AND GONE!!! WOW! SO WE KNOW 2 OF THEM ARE OK!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
WOW! I haven't looked in here in a while and would have thought they would have been long gone. Interesting that they have come back.
Thanks for the report SWINWK! :sum9:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
IT WAS QUITE THE SHOCK GIGI, AS I HAD NOT SEEN ANYONE IN 2 WEEKS!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 25089
Location: Milton, Pa.
I wonder if this is one of the chicks from here. I zoomed and a lot of different things and it kind of looks like a 3 is on top. Well anyway I sent a message to this kind man & his wife to ask where they tool it and if they know what the band numbers are

went to check it out and found that it was a Peregrine Falcon that had leg bands. So after about 20 minute of sweet talking to it I started petting it very ..
Pictures here maybe someone can see better than me

_________________
The soul is the same in all living creatures...although the body of each is different.
~Hippocrates~


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
Gosh, I wonder where the bird went. Could be one of the kids from this year. Definitely a juvie. thanks KF. If I hear anything from the rehabber I volunteer at, I will post.

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
I JUST CAME HERE TO SEE IF YOU WERE AWARE OF ABOVE GIGI. THE GENTLEMAN POSTING LIVES IN PETERSBURG, IN AND I AM THINKING THIS COULD VERY WELL BE ONE OF THE JUVIES FROM THIS SITE. TRYING TO GET UP THE NERVE TO JOIN THE "STRAIGHT RAZOR" SITE TO ASK HIM SOME THINGS OR EXPLAIN SITUATION, BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT! :egg11: HE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GENTLEMAN. :egg8: GLAD HE TOOK CARE OF THE FALCON!!! :egg19:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
I believe I have located the rehabber where this bird was taken. Talked to the wife and she confirmed that they did indeed take in a banded peregrine from Petersburg. I need to call back to speak with husband. He is, of course, out on another rescue call. Will report back.

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
Bands are 83/Z which is LindaLu one of 2014 fledglings. She has a compound wing fracture and the rehabber is waiting on instructions from the federal government regarding surgery or whatever. I do not want to think about the whatever.... :sum8:

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 52726
gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 6013
:egg15: OH, I HATE TO HEAR IT IS A COMPOUND FRACTUE! I HOPE THE FEDS HELP HER!!! AND I HOPE SHE IS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 25089
Location: Milton, Pa.
gigi wrote:
Bands are 83/Z which is LindaLu one of 2014 fledglings. She has a compound wing fracture and the rehabber is waiting on instructions from the federal government regarding surgery or whatever. I do not want to think about the whatever.... :sum8:

Thank you gigi, I thought it was LindaJou because of the 3 I saw on the bands, but didn't want to jump the gun again. And like you I don't want to think about the whatever.
Thanks again for the great detective work.

_________________
The soul is the same in all living creatures...although the body of each is different.
~Hippocrates~


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah
Unfortunately when the feds are involved they have the final word. I would love it if she could be transferred up here... I have made a request, but...

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 52726
gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah
Unfortunately when the feds are involved they have the final word. I would love it if she could be transferred up here... I have made a request, but...


But, why are the feds involved? If she was already at a Fed approved facility, then they wouldn't be awaiting approval. I can't imagine facilities such as REGI having to get approval every single time they admit an eagle/falcon/hawk, etc. I don't know how things work up there, but down here, Feds don't pay for anything.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 8290
Location: Indianapolis
skygirlblue wrote:
gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah
Unfortunately when the feds are involved they have the final word. I would love it if she could be transferred up here... I have made a request, but...
But, why are the feds involved? If she was already at a Fed approved facility, then they wouldn't be awaiting approval. I can't imagine facilities such as REGI having to get approval every single time they admit an eagle/falcon/hawk, etc. I don't know how things work up there, but down here, Feds don't pay for anything.
I think it has to do with paying a vet. This is a very small operation and I suspect he does not have funds for it or a vet that will perform the work pro bono. I will let you know

_________________
"Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary."
~ J. M. Barrie


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 52726
Thanks so much, gigi!! Just trying to understand all the "hoops" this kind rehabber has to jump through...good grief..Hoping for the best!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr