Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: POSTING TIPS & TRICKS
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 pm 

:lol: J O K E :lol:

Greetings Ans :D

http://www.123website.nl/Voltara My Site

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 pm 
Global Moderator

Very cool, Ans! Do I understand correctly that the sketch appears to have the falcon's beak "touching" the wires and receiving an electric jolt . . . ? Very Clever!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 am 

:lol: :lol: SuzanE :lol: :lol:

http://www.123website.nl/Voltara My Site

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 pm 

This question is for anyone who knows how to do videos.... I know you have to purchase a program for your computer to do them .... any suggestions on a program?? and about how much do they cost??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am 

I purchased the WMRecorder Bonusbundle. With WMRecorder you can record streaming video, directly from the url. It can record many streams at the same time and you can play them simultaneously. (Meaning you can have more than one player open on your screen.)
The Bundle comes with a splitter, that is very useful to pre-edit long recordings, before you make a video from it in Windows Moviemaker.
Then there is the converter, embedded in the WMRecorder program, with which you can convert a realplayer file into a file that can be processed in Windows Moviemaker.
And the third useful program is the capturing program. With that you can record anything on your screen. The whole screen or a window or a selected part of a window.
This one I use for recording Pete's Pond (from the website, not the standalone Realplayer), and it is the only way to record the cams that play in the Adobe player, such as the Hornby Eagles on WildEarth.

The WMR Bundle costs $59,-

For capturing screenshots Snagit is one of the best program. It can capture directly from an url. This way you can capture every image from, let's say, Alcoa without having that page active.
That is how Arjen does it, among others.Peet, on my forum, uses Snagit for capturing the refresh images from De Mortel. Het starts it early in the morning, goes off to work, and when he's back home, he checks the folder in which the images are stored. The ones without any Falcon are thrown in the dustbin, the rest gets uploaded to Photobucket.

I am about to get it myself, so I can learn how it works and I am ready for the new season.

Snagit 9.1 costs $48,95

Right now I use Irfanview for taking screenshots. It works better then the option "Printscreen" where you have paste each capture immediately in Paint and then save it.
Irfanview saves it automatically into a designated forlder, therefore you can take many screenshots in a row, just one or two seconds apart.
Irfanview is completely for free and is an outstanding program for managing and editing images. You can do a lot with it, enhancing, changing size, resolution, lots of effects are available, convert to many formats.
I have used it for years along with other programs and still think it's one of the best there is.

Screenshots (made with Irfanview) of the WMRecorder and the (four) open players.

Image*Image*Image

Image*Image*Image

Image*Image*Image

Image*Image*Image

Image*Image*Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 pm 

Great info Ingrid! Thanks for taking the time to write all this out. I use SnagIt and love it. I'll have to look at streaming video software next.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm 

Thank you very much Ingrid!! That's just what I needed to know!! You're the best!! :thanku

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Great info, DEF...I'll have to look into WMREcorder..that looks really interesting...I'm currently using CaptureWizPro...About $40...(I got it when it was cheaper...with a free upgrade)...great capturing streaming or stills...whether the window is active or not...and I can choose the quality of the streaming and the sound I capture....plus, I can playback at any speed I want...AND it has a scroll feature, so if I want to capture a page larger than what I see on my desktop, it will scroll to capture it...I'm sure there are other features I haven't even figured out yet...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:39 pm 
Global Moderator

I was just at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens (eagle) site and noticed a help link for people having trouble viewing the cam. Beth has tested it out and said it has helped her to view that cam as well as others, so if you are having a similar problem, try this tip from the NBG site:

Many users are able to see Eagle Cam after adjusting the network settings in the Windows Media Player options.

Follow these steps:

-Open Windows Media Player on your computer or right-click on the embedded Eagle Cam image on WVEC.com and click "Options."

-Select the Network tab.

-Where streaming media protocols are listed, uncheck all boxes except HTTP and click OK.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:03 am 

good morning everyone: I have been trying to dump some of my PM's but it seems very tedious - I have 2 new incoming messages that I can not read because of my mailbox being too full - any suggestions? I have actually dumped about 10 of them but still can not open my new messages.

thank you all so much!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rosekk17...please see the information posted here:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:18 am 
Site Admin

rosekk17 wrote:
good morning everyone: I have been trying to dump some of my PM's but it seems very tedious - I have 2 new incoming messages that I can not read because of my mailbox being too full - any suggestions? I have actually dumped about 10 of them but still can not open my new messages.

thank you all so much!

...One other thing...you can mass dump messages in your inbox. You'll find a box to the right of each message. You can check each box individually or if you scroll to the bottom of the page, lower right, you'll see "mark all". Choose either way, then delete the messages. Hope this helps..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 am 

Many of us used Photobucket for our image storage. Last year PB decided to end the free image sharing service causing many to "lose" our images on this forum. I believe they assumed that any image sharing was for commercial purposes so, in order to share, PB offered a plan for a mere $399 per year. Of course, we were outraged and many refused to pay so images posted were no longer available. I think PB realized that many images are shared on non-commercial blogs and forums, like BCAW and now they offer a much more reasonably priced option.

I just received an email with the PB plan that I have. I took a screenshot of the page.

Here is the link
http://photobucket.com/p500/?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:12071385&utm_campaign=2018-02-04-Subscription

The email also included an address to discuss plans - bcampbell@photobucket.com

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3