Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Sorry ladies....I was hoping it wouldn't affect you!! :girlsad3:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 am 
Alternative to PhotoBucket:

https://imgur.com/ = free account

https://www.fotki.com/ Memberschip: = https://secure.fotki.com/payment/view

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

I'm opening the following up for discussion.

It appears there are some issues with embedded YouTube videos...and frankly, I have no answers. Sometimes I can view them, other times I cannot. It makes no difference who posts them, including myself. For example, last week I posted a Berry Eagle video that I could not view. Today (jan. 30) I can watch it. I have made no changes to any settings, BCAW or personal....so, I am stumped.

What I do know is that YouTube has changed how they play/stream videos. They have gone from using Flash to HTML5. Not all browsers support HTML5, especially if you are still using an old windows operating system. I've given up trying to figure it out. It makes no sense to me that I can now view vids that previously I could not.

For those of us who post vids, let's "embed" AND post the link to YouTube for those that are having trouble.

Just for the record, I am still using Windows XP. I have been able to view most of the embedded vids except for the ones I post...of course, when I come back a few days later, I can see my vids... :girlcrazy:

I have also read that Firefox browsers seem to have the most issues with YouTube...I'm not sure how true that is since I can no longer update any of my browsers to test out that theory.

If you are having issues, please post which operating system you are using, which browser, and whose vids you cannot see...is it everybody's vids or just certain people.

Thanks.

ps...and just for the record...I had NO problems until YouTube changed their format. I also read that YouTube continues to tweak their format which could explain the inconsistencies we're seeing when trying to watch embedded vids..that's just a guess on my part.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm 

I cannot see Freddie B and Corienas. but when you posted on e of freddies, I could see it.
I quit embedding videos in you tube, as i could not see them but will try again.
I use Firefox.

I could try other browsers but I am too stubborn :girlcrazy:

will go back and se e what t I can see again

bev

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:57 pm 

I sometimes have problems, but not always so I think your idea of embedding the video and including the URL is great!
Now to remember to do that! :girlcrazy:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am 

I'm just curious, what is everyone doing about photobucket. I saw some people downloaded or made adjustments so they could see old photos? Or are you just waiting to see what happens. It sure sucks.
What are you using now to link with the forum?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm 

obxbarb wrote:
I'm just curious, what is everyone doing about photobucket. I saw some people downloaded or made adjustments so they could see old photos? Or are you just waiting to see what happens. It sure sucks.
What are you using now to link with the forum?
I was never affected because I had upgraded my account. Currently, PB changed their pricing taking into account that not all photo sharing is for commercial use. I think I pay $99.00 per year and they also allow paying by the month which is about $12.99 per month. This provides you with a much larger storage, no ads. and of course, photo sharing on non-commercial forums, etc. I tried to find a link, but I keep getting my page.

I meant to post this info sooner but kept forgetting. I will try to dig up some additional information.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:43 pm 

Gigi, does this mean you can see everyone else's old photos and everyone can see your's? I guess I'll go and subscribe. ugh, I never filled the capacity so I didn't ever pay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Barb...I never did pay for Photobucket either....We all have tons of PB pics on here...and they still exist on individual PB accounts, but unless I pay for PB, my pics from PB will never show up here again...its horrible...so much history lost due to missing pics.

I'm currently using imgur.com and I am very pleased!! If PB ever lowers their prices, I'll consider paying...just so my pics will show up on BCAW again...PB ruined so many Blogs/forums and even eBay since so many linked to them for their pics...there was virtually no warning that they were going to do this...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 pm 

I see your comments on their facebook page sgb. I went back and paid the $99 and I guess I must have to unlock or something, because my photos aren't showing up :( Anyway, for the future I'll use what you are using. What a frigging bummer, all of those photos!!!!!

Edit: I see now that the $99 only preserves my albums. I am not paying $399, that is just ridiculous. I read an article in the Denver paper where they are located, and it said that 3rd party users were unprofitable. I wonder how the others we are using do it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm 

I just received an email with the offering that I have. I took a screenshot of the page.

Here is the link
http://photobucket.com/p500/?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:12071385&utm_campaign=2018-02-04-Subscription

The email also included an address to discuss plans - bcampbell@photobucket.com

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 am 

obxbarb wrote:
I see your comments on their facebook page sgb. I went back and paid the $99 and I guess I must have to unlock or something, because my photos aren't showing up :( Anyway, for the future I'll use what you are using. What a frigging bummer, all of those photos!!!!!

Edit: I see now that the $99 only preserves my albums. I am not paying $399, that is just ridiculous. I read an article in the Denver paper where they are located, and it said that 3rd party users were unprofitable. I wonder how the others we are using do it.

With this plan you can "share" your pictures on Facebook, Twitter and social media platforms but NOT on forums and Blogs!!!
For that feature, called 3rd party hosting, you will have to get the $399,00 plan!

Edit: I now see that there is a new plan in the offering, the one gigi posted. That could be a solution to the problem of all the pictures that are now hidden on the forum(s).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 am 

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
obxbarb wrote:

With this plan you can "share" your pictures on Facebook, Twitter and social media platforms but NOT on forums and Blogs!!!
For that feature, called 3rd party hosting, you will have to get the $399,00 plan!

Edit: I now see that there is a new plan in the offering, the one gigi posted. That could be a solution to the problem of all the pictures that are now hidden on the forum(s).
A while back I signed up for extra storage for about $5 per month. This was way before PB pulled the rug out from under us. I never lost my sharing ability, but I still had tons of ads which drove me crazy! When I went to renew, that was not available, so I did nothing. I still had the extra storage and was still able to share. At first, I received promotional emails with the $399 plan and I just ignored them. Finally, they sent me one with this $99 plan so I took that bait. I am willing to pay $99. As I mentioned earlier, I think I could have opted to pay monthly, but I decided to pay annually at a reduced rate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am 
Site Admin

gigi, thanks for the info on PB...I still haven't decided if I will fork over the $$$ to release my hostage pictures. I'm still very :furious: at PB. I have no problem with them wanting to make money, but to apply this 3rd party restriction to existing pics rather than setting a "start" date and moving forward....that's what burns me up!! I have 2 accounts, so I would need to pay separately for each...unless I collapsed one into the other...maybe I will soften as the season progresses...sigh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am 

So I paid $99 yesterday, but none of my old photos are showing back up here. I wonder if it only applies to the future.
Thanks Gigi for posting this info on the other relevant threads. I guess there are many people that have used the other share sites since their photos are showing up (or like you they paid premium a while ago). $99 is a lot more reasonable than $399.

Edit: I sent a note to photobucket asking them why my photos are still not available, haven't heard back yet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 pm 

catwoman wrote:
Since this forum has so many USA peregrine nests, the USA cam links page has been updated so that the names of the nests are also hyperlinks to the nest topics. Give it a try! :sum9:
I recently updated all the hyperlinks and think I got all of the current cam links updated too. Many of the hyperlinks connected members with 2016 topics which were locked and archived. To avoid this in the future, most hyperlinks have been updated to take you to a "parent" which is not year specific. Because of this, some of the miscellaneous nests' links are not direct to the current topic. Once you click on the hyperlink you may have to search a little to get to exactly where you want to be. I will try to keep this updated in the future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm 

I guess the big question: Is it a consistent problem or did it only happy that one time.

As you wrote, it only happy that one time to me. :teehee: Although, that one time continued over the entire period I was here during the night. I had assumed it happened to Bev during the day today, as that is when she first posted about it. :dancegirl:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 am 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:
I guess the big question: Is it a consistent problem or did it only happy that one time.

As you wrote, it only happy that one time to me. :teehee: Although, that one time continued over the entire period I was here during the night. I had assumed it happened to Bev during the day today, as that is when she first posted about it. :dancegirl:

I'm glad it only happened that one time...though it lasted quite a while...maybe Bev. can join in the conversation and help figure this out. My guess is we'll never figure it out...unless it happens again...which I hope it won't...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
:cackle:

You're welcome!!

Well, I have a vid, but for some reason it will not embed...well, actually it will embed, but I only see a blank post. Not sure if its a forum software issue or my very old computer issue...sigh...so, I'll just have to say....

It could be something in the code of the video you try to embed. Has happened to me a few times with video's and images too.
Could you post it in the "Code" tags?
Maybe in the topic for forum issues.

Random Video:

vid URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRP4nAGMYCY

Using the bbcode (spaces inserted to keep from embedding):
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRP4n AGMYCY[/youtube]

Embedding the vid:

Note: I see nothing but a space where the embedded vid should be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm 

Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next