Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54702
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:00 am
Posts: 5402
Location: Ameland, the Netherlands
skygirlblue wrote:
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

Could be at the Youtube side. I noticed that with the scroll-back feature on a live webcam, I don't get that small picture right above the scrollbar any more. And when you click and hold the scrollbar and go back and forward, the screen goes black, not showing the video in fast forward any more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:10 am
Posts: 3007
Location: the Netherlands
It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo




maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54702
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

Could be at the Youtube side. I noticed that with the scroll-back feature on a live webcam, I don't get that small picture right above the scrollbar any more. And when you click and hold the scrollbar and go back and forward, the screen goes black, not showing the video in fast forward any more.


hmmmmmmmmmm....I noticed that too...on my way out of town...will have to investigate later!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54702
Hanny wrote:
It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo




maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.


Could be a browser issue. I can tell that you have embedded a vid, but I can't see it!! Its just a giant space. I know earlier in the nesting season, some members who were using Windows10 were having problems seeing the embedded vids. I don't have 10 so it wasn't a problem for me (in the past)....but, it is now!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:00 am
Posts: 5402
Location: Ameland, the Netherlands
Okay, I'm officially going nuts now. At this moment I am on my desktop in Google Chrome and I can see Hanny's video. It plays without a problem. So does the [random] video you posted Mary Ann.
And why am I going nuts over this? For the better part of this year I could NOT play video's (any video) when using Chrome on my desktop. So I either used Firefox or Egde on the desktop or watched on my laptop.
Now it seems to be the other way around; can't watch with Chrome on my laptop but all is well on my desktop.


:thud :suncrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :suncrazy: :thud


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Posts: 54702
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Okay, I'm officially going nuts now. At this moment I am on my desktop in Google Chrome and I can see Hanny's video. It plays without a problem. So does the [random] video you posted Mary Ann.
And why am I going nuts over this? For the better part of this year I could NOT play video's (any video) when using Chrome on my desktop. So I either used Firefox or Egde on the desktop or watched on my laptop.
Now it seems to be the other way around; can't watch with Chrome on my laptop but all is well on my desktop.


:thud :suncrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :suncrazy: :thud


:girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr