Bird Cams Around the World
http://peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/

FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2019
http://peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=2096
Page 11 of 11

Author:  skygirlblue [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

Author:  Dutch Eagle Fan [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

skygirlblue wrote:
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

Could be at the Youtube side. I noticed that with the scroll-back feature on a live webcam, I don't get that small picture right above the scrollbar any more. And when you click and hold the scrollbar and go back and forward, the screen goes black, not showing the video in fast forward any more.

Author:  Hanny [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo




maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.

Author:  skygirlblue [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:
Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Yup, I see nothing either. Tried to embed a video from my own channel, no success. Maybe embedding a [Youtube] video is no longer possible???
Oh, the mysteries of technology and computers and the web . . .


Thanks for trying...when I have time ( :teehee: ), I may play around with the coding...of course, I'll need to check the archives to see if all those vids are now gone...if they aren't and I change the coding, they will be...sigh...

Could be at the Youtube side. I noticed that with the scroll-back feature on a live webcam, I don't get that small picture right above the scrollbar any more. And when you click and hold the scrollbar and go back and forward, the screen goes black, not showing the video in fast forward any more.


hmmmmmmmmmm....I noticed that too...on my way out of town...will have to investigate later!!

Author:  skygirlblue [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Hanny wrote:
It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo




maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.


Could be a browser issue. I can tell that you have embedded a vid, but I can't see it!! Its just a giant space. I know earlier in the nesting season, some members who were using Windows10 were having problems seeing the embedded vids. I don't have 10 so it wasn't a problem for me (in the past)....but, it is now!!

Author:  Dutch Eagle Fan [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Okay, I'm officially going nuts now. At this moment I am on my desktop in Google Chrome and I can see Hanny's video. It plays without a problem. So does the [random] video you posted Mary Ann.
And why am I going nuts over this? For the better part of this year I could NOT play video's (any video) when using Chrome on my desktop. So I either used Firefox or Egde on the desktop or watched on my laptop.
Now it seems to be the other way around; can't watch with Chrome on my laptop but all is well on my desktop.


:thud :suncrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :suncrazy: :thud

Author:  skygirlblue [ Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Okay, I'm officially going nuts now. At this moment I am on my desktop in Google Chrome and I can see Hanny's video. It plays without a problem. So does the [random] video you posted Mary Ann.
And why am I going nuts over this? For the better part of this year I could NOT play video's (any video) when using Chrome on my desktop. So I either used Firefox or Egde on the desktop or watched on my laptop.
Now it seems to be the other way around; can't watch with Chrome on my laptop but all is well on my desktop.


:thud :suncrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :suncrazy: :thud


:girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

Author:  Carolyn [ Sun May 05, 2019 7:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

I am having this issue now I can't see my video that I just posted on Southloop! :taz:

skygirlblue wrote:
Hanny wrote:
It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo




maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.


Could be a browser issue. I can tell that you have embedded a vid, but I can't see it!! Its just a giant space. I know earlier in the nesting season, some members who were using Windows10 were having problems seeing the embedded vids. I don't have 10 so it wasn't a problem for me (in the past)....but, it is now!!

Author:  skygirlblue [ Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Carolyn wrote:
I am having this issue now I can't see my video that I just posted on Southloop! :taz:

skygirlblue wrote:
Hanny wrote:
It is still possible to embed Youtube.
Copy the link from the address

Remove the s from https in http

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo

Change it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzDUkmfFlo






maybe some browser settings are not set correctly?
you need html5
I can see all the vids from youtube.


Could be a browser issue. I can tell that you have embedded a vid, but I can't see it!! Its just a giant space. I know earlier in the nesting season, some members who were using Windows10 were having problems seeing the embedded vids. I don't have 10 so it wasn't a problem for me (in the past)....but, it is now!!


I sure wish I had an answer for you...I have been trying to figure this out for months. I am thinking of changing the coding for the embed BBcode...but, if I do that, all embedded vids may disappear.

Author:  gigi [ Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Oh, that is a tough dilemma, SGB. I would hate to lose everything we have. Is there any way to have two embedding quick links, one for the old videos that is hidden and a new one?
As you can see, I am totally out of my element with coding... :girlcrazy:

Author:  skygirlblue [ Mon May 06, 2019 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

gigi wrote:
Oh, that is a tough dilemma, SGB. I would hate to lose everything we have. Is there any way to have two embedding quick links, one for the old videos that is hidden and a new one?
As you can see, I am totally out of my element with coding... :girlcrazy:


I wish...I tried that. Forum software recognizes that both are from YouTube and only allows 1.

Author:  Carolyn [ Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

It's weird because I could see my video later on in the day. :egg16:

Author:  skygirlblue [ Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

I have encountered a major problem when trying to access BCAW. It appears that my ISP may be blocking the forum. I am only here by using a proxy server.

If you encounter any problems and you are a Facebook member, please post them there.

thanks.

PS...this particular proxy server won't let me use BBcodes..LOL

Author:  SWINWK [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

What is happening with the links for the cams, videos, photos? I prefer the silver bar. Several days ago it went to the "itty bitty" square that I don't know what the design on it is as it's so small. Now I'm getting a "HUGE" square with a crying kitten that says Photo not found. CLICK for Photos with an outline drawing of a camera at the bottom of the square.

Author:  Dutch Eagle Fan [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018



The image used for the "click" button is no longer available on Photobucket, I deleted it because I kept getting "urgent" notification from Photobucket that my free band with had exceeded.
I already send the original image to MA so it could be put in the image folder of this forum. That will solve the problem.
The code itself is still functioning though, when you click on the {weird} image it still brings up the link in a new tab of your browser.

Author:  skygirlblue [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:


The image used for the "click" button is no longer available on Photobucket, I deleted it because I kept getting "urgent" notification from Photobucket that my free band with had exceeded.
I already send the original image to MA so it could be put in the image folder of this forum. That will solve the problem.
The code itself is still functioning though, when you click on the {weird} image it still brings up the link in a new tab of your browser.


Thanks Ingrid. I just have not had the time to deal with this...I'll get on it ASAP...

Author:  SWINWK [ Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

Thank you skygirlblue for "click Orville"! :5val:

Author:  skygirlblue [ Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2018

SWINWK wrote:
Thank you skygirlblue for "click Orville"! :5val:


So glad you recognized him!! I need to make it a tad smaller...later...LOL :15heartbeat:

Author:  SWINWK [ Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2019

:15heartbeat:

Author:  Beth [ Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2019

:7val: :15heartbeat: :7val:
Click to enlarge...

Image

FYI-I have had photobucket troubles all year, all my photos that I have posted for years on BCAW
now have this text when I try to post on BCAW --Your images may only be up to 700 pixels wide--
I have gone to the IMG thumbnail to post any images...dang.

Page 11 of 11 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/