Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: IPL in Petersburg, IN 2014
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:29 pm 

1228CDT :egg8: OUT OF SIGHT FOR NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm 

2117CDT :egg8: DON'T SEE ANYONE TONIGHT, BUT I BET THEY HAVE ALREADY FLEDGED AS I BELIEVE THE 1ST EGG HATCHED ON 04/24/14! MAYBE, JUST A RETURN VISIT LAST NIGHT! :egg19:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 pm 

2258CDT :egg8: I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE SINCE MONDAY NIGHT!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:29 pm 

1628CDT :clap: TWO JUVIE FALCONS ARE IN THE NEST! I THINK. :teehee:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:31 pm 

1630CDT :egg19: NOW I ONLY SEE 1 ON LEDGE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm 

1631CDT :egg19: AND GONE!!! WOW! SO WE KNOW 2 OF THEM ARE OK!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 pm 

WOW! I haven't looked in here in a while and would have thought they would have been long gone. Interesting that they have come back.
Thanks for the report SWINWK! :sum9:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:19 pm 

IT WAS QUITE THE SHOCK GIGI, AS I HAD NOT SEEN ANYONE IN 2 WEEKS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:11 pm 

I wonder if this is one of the chicks from here. I zoomed and a lot of different things and it kind of looks like a 3 is on top. Well anyway I sent a message to this kind man & his wife to ask where they tool it and if they know what the band numbers are

went to check it out and found that it was a Peregrine Falcon that had leg bands. So after about 20 minute of sweet talking to it I started petting it very ..
Pictures here maybe someone can see better than me

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:29 pm 

Gosh, I wonder where the bird went. Could be one of the kids from this year. Definitely a juvie. thanks KF. If I hear anything from the rehabber I volunteer at, I will post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 pm 

I JUST CAME HERE TO SEE IF YOU WERE AWARE OF ABOVE GIGI. THE GENTLEMAN POSTING LIVES IN PETERSBURG, IN AND I AM THINKING THIS COULD VERY WELL BE ONE OF THE JUVIES FROM THIS SITE. TRYING TO GET UP THE NERVE TO JOIN THE "STRAIGHT RAZOR" SITE TO ASK HIM SOME THINGS OR EXPLAIN SITUATION, BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT! :egg11: HE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GENTLEMAN. :egg8: GLAD HE TOOK CARE OF THE FALCON!!! :egg19:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 pm 

I believe I have located the rehabber where this bird was taken. Talked to the wife and she confirmed that they did indeed take in a banded peregrine from Petersburg. I need to call back to speak with husband. He is, of course, out on another rescue call. Will report back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:25 pm 

Bands are 83/Z which is LindaLu one of 2014 fledglings. She has a compound wing fracture and the rehabber is waiting on instructions from the federal government regarding surgery or whatever. I do not want to think about the whatever.... :sum8:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 pm 

:egg15: OH, I HATE TO HEAR IT IS A COMPOUND FRACTUE! I HOPE THE FEDS HELP HER!!! AND I HOPE SHE IS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:29 pm 

gigi wrote:
Bands are 83/Z which is LindaLu one of 2014 fledglings. She has a compound wing fracture and the rehabber is waiting on instructions from the federal government regarding surgery or whatever. I do not want to think about the whatever.... :sum8:

Thank you gigi, I thought it was LindaJou because of the 3 I saw on the bands, but didn't want to jump the gun again. And like you I don't want to think about the whatever.
Thanks again for the great detective work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:45 am 

skygirlblue wrote:
gigi, thanks so much for your detective work...Here's what I don't understand...there's not a wildlife center or hospital in you area that she could be taken to?

We have very limited resources in the metro Atlanta area (unfortunately), but we do have 2 non-profits that take in and treat injured raptors (as well as other critters~they can't hold a candle to places like Wildlife Center of VA, REGI, etc..). THEN they go to rehabbers for, yes you guessed it, rehab....hahahahah
Unfortunately when the feds are involved they have the final word. I would love it if she could be transferred up here... I have made a request, but...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:08 am 
Site Admin

gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

Unfortunately when the feds are involved they have the final word. I would love it if she could be transferred up here... I have made a request, but...

But, why are the feds involved? If she was already at a Fed approved facility, then they wouldn't be awaiting approval. I can't imagine facilities such as REGI having to get approval every single time they admit an eagle/falcon/hawk, etc. I don't know how things work up there, but down here, Feds don't pay for anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 am 

skygirlblue wrote:
gigi wrote:
skygirlblue wrote:

But, why are the feds involved? If she was already at a Fed approved facility, then they wouldn't be awaiting approval. I can't imagine facilities such as REGI having to get approval every single time they admit an eagle/falcon/hawk, etc. I don't know how things work up there, but down here, Feds don't pay for anything.
I think it has to do with paying a vet. This is a very small operation and I suspect he does not have funds for it or a vet that will perform the work pro bono. I will let you know

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much, gigi!! Just trying to understand all the "hoops" this kind rehabber has to jump through...good grief..Hoping for the best!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next