Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Canton ~ 2015
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 pm 
Global Moderator

Please start your 2015 posts here ...

CAM LINK:

New CAM LINK as of 8/2015

Mystic~b/g S/22
Maurice~unbanded

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Canton ~ 2015
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:59 pm 

:hapdance: Well, I made a happy discovery yesterday... I thought maybe it was a fluke, and waited until today to be sure - BUT I can view Canton's Falcon cam on my "mobile devices" ie my iPhone and iPad! This was "off" for a time, but now it is back on, and also I did donate toward the cam last year. Hopefully it's a sign that soon the main cam will be on too. Mystic and Mo seldom visit the nest box this time of year, and when I viewed their box, no one was home, and the snow in front of the nest box was untouched. But it raised my spirits a bit just to be able to see Something... February....March..... How many more days, Matrix??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 am 
Did you donate toward the internet broadcasting cam, or did you pay for the phone cam service? I believe there are two separate services on the cam page.

Providing no problems come up, 40 some days till she could lay her first egg!
Just waiting for the airtic air bubble to go back north where it belongs! :imbored: :snowflake6:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 am 

I saved the email I received from Admin, and it says "Canton Falcon Web Cam for Mobile Devices" at the top. So I guess I donated toward the phone service...(Basically I was trying to donate toward the good of Canton's falcon cam services) 40 days, huh... tick-tick-tick!! :ohyes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 pm 
I am at a public library and cannot get the cam on the internet here, so it must be available by donation only, at this time.

TSusan, you will be our "eye's"?? :snowflake5:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 pm 

:sum9: Absolutely, Matrix !! I'm planning on it! Won't it be awesome to see them on the cam again! By the way, according to Admin's email, there were 3 others at that time who had also donated toward receiving the cam on their mobile devices. Maybe you could give a "heads up" on the Facebook page so they could help too. Thirty nine and a half more days to go!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

OK Tsusan....we want a daily report....I can't get the cam either!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 pm 
Global Moderator

No cam for me - so T >>counting on you :sleigh:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 pm 

:snowflake6: I was able to watch the nest box for a little before I left to teach at a school... No peregrines present, but I was watching when the "night light" turned off, and the glow of the sun filled the box. I will watch the box whenever I can, and YOU will be the first to know if I spy Mystic and Mo :sum9:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:50 pm 
Tsusan wrote:
:snowflake6: I was able to watch the nest box for a little before I left to teach at a school... No peregrines present, but I was watching when the "night light" turned off, and the glow of the sun filled the box. I will watch the box whenever I can, and YOU will be the first to know if I spy Mystic and Mo :sum9:

:mmd:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 pm 

:girlyes: I had the cam up on my iPad almost all day. The morning was quiet. It snowed last night, and a layer of snow covered the "porch" area in front of the nest box. The snow remained untouched through out the day. Around 1:00 I finished my lunch, watching the cam. I noticed a group of faint shadows, moving fast, going across the front of the nest box from bottom to top. Then another group of shadows, and another, and they were gone. Pigeons, I wondered? A minute passed by, and the shadows were back, moving even faster across the front of the nest box, left to right. They were closer to the building this time, so the shadows were more distinct, definetly pigeons, and they were spooked! Then another shadow came, even closer to the building, even more easy to recognize. A peregrine in hot pursuit of his/ her lunch! I had to smile- even a peregrine's shadow makes me smile on a cold winter day... I didn't see any more racing shadows this afternoon. I assume lunch was caught and consumed - and someone has a nice big crop to show for it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:46 am 
Global Moderator

:hapdance: :hapdance:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:48 pm 

:cold: C-C-C Cold here, with blustery snow squalls passing through. Wind chill warnings for the next 3 days. I am not surprised Mystic or Mo have not checked in with us. I'm glad to know they have an elevator shaft to stay in out of the weather! AND TO ADD TO THE INSULT, the Cleveland weatherman said it looks like we have a "Panhandle Hook" headed our way Tuesday. This is usually a large winter storm that developes in the panhandle region of Texas/ Oklahoma and then "hooks" it's way up to Ohio.... The Weather Channel and I are going to be best buddies until I know what this storm is up to.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:46 pm 

Tsusan wrote:
:cold: C-C-C Cold here, with blustery snow squalls passing through. Wind chill warnings for the next 3 days. I am not surprised Mystic or Mo have not checked in with us. I'm glad to know they have an elevator shaft to stay in out of the weather! AND TO ADD TO THE INSULT, the Cleveland weatherman said it looks like we have a "Panhandle Hook" headed our way Tuesday. This is usually a large winter storm that developes in the panhandle region of Texas/ Oklahoma and then "hooks" it's way up to Ohio.... The Weather Channel and I are going to be best buddies until I know what this storm is up to.....

I hope this weather system fizzles out before it gets to you Tsusan!

The snow in the nestbox & peregrines sheltering in an elevator shaft sounds just like Beauty & DC in Rochester! Glad these peregrines have a good place to take shelter!
:5val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 pm 
Global Moderator

Take care "T" :coldwinter: ...
I know all the guys/gals on the Weather Channel (IlikeJimC :loveheart: )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:25 am 

:1val: Hi guys, the good news is: the "panhandle hook" decided to take a southern route - it's probably coming to harass you, SGB- watch out ! Meanwhile, back at the Mystic and Mo ranch, Matrix posted a pic of them mating on Facebook!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

I am eager and ready, Tsusan...but, they keep changing our forecast as well...it may hit just north of me.. :13val:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:46 pm 

:flirty: WHOOO - HOOOOOOO! :flirty:I just saw Mystic AND Mo on the cam with my ipad!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I about choked on my chili when I saw her jump into the box! She walked around the inside of the nest box, and tried to scrape two times in those frozen stones.... I don't think she made much progress. She stood on one foot for a bit (one of her favorite poses) and then her head started going back and forth very quickly - I think Mo was putting on a show. Finally she started chupping and bowing... where's Mo? She bowed and chupped some more and Mo stayed off cam until finally he walked up to the nest box, bowing and chupping back for 10 seconds until he flew away.... Mystic watched him fly away, and after a minute flew after him... Mystic had been there for about 15 minutes in all. Im hoping each time she stays longer.... Now Im going to send a note to our "Admin" begging him to turn the main cam on!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:55 pm 
Global Moderator

:snowflake8: :snowflake2: :snowflake5: :snowflake8: :snowflake2: :snowflake5:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:49 pm 
YEAH TSUSAN!!!!!! :wave

For the first time I wish I had a i-phone!! LOL
Maybe I can get Ray to let me use his! :teehee:

Today is very sunny and warmish compared to what has been...
Will be trying to go up Sat for some mating pics. It is harder though, since the parking garage does nothing to the top part of the deck, and until it melts, they block it off...
Might have to take my 4X4 truck and move some cones! :cool:

Hope the public cam is turned on soon!! :hapdance:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next