Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Canton ~ 2015
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Matrix...and thanks for remembering us here!! Not everybody uses FB so its great to have that opportunity here!!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:14 pm 

Had to share these shots of Mo even though they're not the best. He was far away and up fairly high. He wasn't coming in for a landing and I couldn't see anything he was going after. His feet are fully out and down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:44 pm 

:hahah Only Mo !!!! Well, I think he just got done watching the old Marlon Brando movie "The Wild One". (Hee hee)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:13 pm 

Tsusan wrote:
:hahah Only Mo !!!! Well, I think he just got done watching the old Marlon Brando movie "The Wild One". (Hee hee)

I'm not sure what to make of that one. It's like air walking. He was moving too. First time I've seen that move.

:?: :?:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Gosh...what interesting pictures...hey, maybe he was trying to catch bugs!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:34 pm 

:eggsmile: Just saw Mystic come in for a feed. All the babies appeared tO be sacked out when she first came, but the pile of two on "our" left side of the box jumped up and she gave them some prey. (I actually couldn't see because she had her back to me the whole time. The two on the right seemed oblivious to her until one of the chicks stepped on her, which woke her up and the chick sharing the right hand pile. The right hand chick weren't much interested in Mystic, although one finally went over to see her. The other right hand chick went into the back corner to take a nap. ? After a couple minutes, Mystic turned and flew out. Then chick in the back corner got up to watch her go...I'm wondering why he was so indifferent to Mystic ? Or maybe had she not had any prey, was she just bug picking?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Gosh...what interesting pictures...hey, maybe he was trying to catch bugs!!!

Check out pic 2. I didn't catch it Matrix did. Mo is having an on the fly poo. Leave it to him.

:teehee: :teehee:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

:hahah

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:29 pm 

:egg14: OH- OH!! We've got one on the porch!!!!! Bad timing little guy- we've got some thunder coming..... Oh oh, mom has brought prey into the nestbox. Little guy looks left, then right, and into the nestbox he hops.... He's got his priorities straight !
Ok- they are done eating and little Christopher Columbus is out on the porch again. He comes in and out of view- geez now he's flapping his wings! And now NWS just issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the Canton area....wind, hail, heavy downpours... JR, get in the nest box

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:55 pm 

The porch will be clean.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Boring pic, but looks like all 4 in the box..

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:02 pm 

great picutres here. I just saw about naming, so I am to late

I do not have time for facebook but I love what is posted here

I pick sommer and AXEL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:55 pm 

Someone's better side.

:sum8:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:01 pm 

:teehee:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 am 

:hapdance: Just witnessed the hilarious activities of our chickies... I'm sure Matrix will put it on the Canton Facebook. First our Leaper jumped out on the porch- I think he must have seen mom coming, as shortly after she appeared on the porch with prey... Little Leaper enjoyed some one on one time with mom and the prey. Meanwhile the other 3 were screaming at the edge of the nestbox, but Mystic made no move that direction. Finally one of the screamers couldn't handle it any more, and jumped on the porch (his/her first time). Two left in the nest box. One jumps on the lip and continues screaming. The fourth chick starts nibbling on that ones feet. # 3 moves over, and over but# 4 is very pesky, and almost makes her lose her balance. Finally #3 whacks # 4 with her wings and jumps back in the nestbox. I so hope Matrix puts a snippet on BCAW so you can see it....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:06 am 
Site Admin

Great description, Tsusan...I hope so too..

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm 

:loveshow: .....I'm laughing again. Two babies are out on the ledge. One is very happy, ranging from one side to the other. The other one looks very uncomfortable, sometimes gazing up into the nestbox. Zippy one vaulted up int the nestbox with no trouble leaving Gloomy by himself, and even more uncomfortable. Zippy convices a sibling to jump onto the porch with him. And I am not kidding those 2 stood on the lip of the nest box, counted to 3 and jumped onto the porch in unison. They ran to the far end of the porch, leaving Gloomy barely visible to the cam, still staring at the nest box. There is still one chick who seems to have no desire to jump onto the porch. He/she is watching the siblings with little interest....
Gloomy finally made it back into the nestbox!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

OK...I am obviously checking this nest at all the wrong times...LOL

I am going there now..

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:29 pm 

:eggsmile: Today my husband treated me to a visit to the parking garage roof in down town Canton that offers the best view of Mo, Mystic, and the kids. (We live in the beautiful rural hills south west of Canton. My husband dislikes all cities, and is generally unwilling to stop, especially downtown). It looked like rain but we were hopeful it would hold off for a while... I looked up at the nestbox with my binoculars. All I could see was two little fuzz heads looking over the low "porch wall". No Mystic , no Mo... I turned my gaze to the left, and there they were on "the mast", one on each side of the "t". They remained there a bit until a turkey vulture came in too close. Mystic took off, kakking at it non stop, hurrying it past the nest box area. During this time, a rain shower came in, and the kids all scurried into the nestbox, with Mystic perching on the nestbox roof. Mo stayed out on the t, enjoying the shower. The shower stopped, and Mystic kept looking out toward Mo... I knew what that meant, and I'll bet Mo did too, but he didn't move... A distant turkey vulture distracted Mystic for a bit, and Mo took off from the "t", taking a Very circular route over to the nest box area, coming in from the opposite side, and perched on his skinny white pole that he likes, at the top of the building. Mystic must have given him quite the look, as soon, he took off from there,flying with determination west, veering around a large church steeple and another parking garage.... Within a minute he flew into sight, with a nice fat pigeon. Mystic kakked like crazy and flew out to meet him, but he wanted to bring the prey in himself. He flew dutifully to the Nest box building, and gave the prey right to Mystic. She got busy prepping the pigeon for the kids. Mo took off, heading for the "t", but not before he detoured over us and gave us one of his patented "stink eyes".... I felt very honored!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Good for you!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next