Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: ROCHESTER, NY ~ 2015
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 pm 

mwplay wrote:
Kris G. wrote:
All are safe tonight in various places on TSB..better flights/landings today! :eggthumbup:

MAK's report:

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=31628

Thanks Kris!

I opened and closed the stream many times today. Saw Cadence laying on the wall on other side of deck. Saw both boys together on Wilder. One was running around, flapping and the other was sleeping. So glad things are going well.

:clap:

So far, so good..hope it continues! I can't say it enough but Beauty & DC are awesome parents! :loveheart2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:21 am 

Adventures continue! We have awesome watchers, sometimes up to 7-8 at a time, some putting in 14 hr days! Last night, Cadence got behind bars on a balcony and stayed there most of day, not being able to figure out how to get out. If interested, Falcon watch reports below with great pics/videos:

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=31628

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=31660

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:48 am 

thank you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:52 pm 

bev. wrote:
thank you

:1val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:04 pm 

:tissue:

Bronx was found in another well on Times Square building this morning around 9:30. He was moved to the nest box well by the building owner who also contacted DEC. Bronx was described as lethargic when he was found.
DEC is monitoring him and will take him to a vet if need be.

Edit: Cadence has just been found on ground..MAK is with her. She's alert and walking around.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm 

I hope everything will be OK with him

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:24 pm 

Ciuciek wrote:
I hope everything will be OK with him

I do too. DEC picked him up and took him to the Vet so we wait for a diagnosis. Cadence did get off the ground and has gotten herself onto a building about same height as Quest's building.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Kris...thanks for all the reports (and for MAK's camera info)...I sure hope there is good news about Bronx. I don't like reading that he was lethargic...head injury, maybe...after a collision? So glad he's going to the vet...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 pm 

Oh, dear, I hope nothing is seriously wrong with Bronx. :eggsad: Please keep us posted about what they find out. Hopefully he just got his bell wrung & will come out of it fine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm 

Just posted:

From Rich at TS.

OK, here's the update. The DEC was just here, they picked Bronx up and whisked him away to the rehab clinic. Bronx was calm, not panicked at all, the heart was beating strong the DEC officer said. A good sign. One of the back legs looked injured but the DEC guys didn't seem overly worried at this point. If I hear anything new over the next days, you'll know. 2:45pm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 pm 

OH NO.. just back from driving/staying at my parent's house for Father's Day.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he's going to be ok.

:girlsad3:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:57 pm 

mwplay wrote:

It's just so heartbreaking. Joyce said she watched him yesterday and he flew like a spitfire, with his wings tight back..never missed a landing. Probably got overconfident and misjudged his speed, slamming into the building, possibly with feet first. He could get himself around in the well wall but only used his wings. Genesee on the other hand, has slowed down, according to Joyce. He's had several missed landings, window and building hits but seems more cautious. Cadence remains on the building..has flown only once since being on the ground. Don't know what's going on there..Joyce thinks just tired and trying to figure out how to get back to familiar places.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:25 pm 
Global Moderator

Many thanks for all the great coverage..you guys are awesome!!! :egg17:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 pm 

Kris G. wrote:
mwplay wrote:

It's just so heartbreaking. Joyce said she watched him yesterday and he flew like a spitfire, with his wings tight back..never missed a landing. Probably got overconfident and misjudged his speed, slamming into the building, possibly with feet first. He could get himself around in the well wall but only used his wings. Genesee on the other hand, has slowed down, according to Joyce. He's had several missed landings, window and building hits but seems more cautious. Cadence remains on the building..has flown only once since being on the ground. Don't know what's going on there..Joyce thinks just tired and trying to figure out how to get back to familiar places.

Hope he's going to be alright. :eggsad:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm 

carly wrote:
Kris G. wrote:
Just posted:

From Rich at TS.

OK, here's the update. The DEC was just here, they picked Bronx up and whisked him away to the rehab clinic. Bronx was calm, not panicked at all, the heart was beating strong the DEC officer said. A good sign. One of the back legs looked injured but the DEC guys didn't seem overly worried at this point. If I hear anything new over the next days, you'll know. 2:45pm

I finally got caught up last night on Bronx and Cadence's day yesterday. Today we go into deliberations so I won't have access to internet or anything until that is done. I'm hoping for the best for our kids.

Carly..Cadence took off over the river early this AM but no confirmed sightings of her since. Genesee has been seen on Powers building and OCSR this afternoon...was fed this AM. No word on Bronx from DEC yet...figures. :eggdown:

Add: Cadence has been found..and both juvies have been fed! :loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Very, Very sad news about Bronx reported on Imprints... :sorrow: I am just so sorry, everyone... :tissue:

I am very sad to have to report that the fledgling falcon had to be euthanized due to the severity of its injuries. There was an injury to the spinal cord resulting in not only the apparent paralysis of the legs, but also the impairment of other functions (digestive) of the lower body. It was relayed to me that neither the vet nor the rehabilitator in their extensive experience, have seen a bird recover (for release or as an educational bird) from such a spinal cord injury and the decision was made to not prolong its suffering.

We are all sad to have lost Bronx and need to keep in mind that we still have two more young falcons to watch over and enjoy. We have so much to be proud of for the number of young falcons that Rochester has added to the current Peregrine Falcon population.

June Summers
    President
    Genesee Valley Audubon Society

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:10 pm 

:tissue: :sorrow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:11 pm 

Such a sad loss..such a sweet boy. Once out of the box, he got scared by so many strange noises and he'd scramble for safety in the nest box. He would wait in the wings for Genesee and Cadence to eat then Beauty would fill him up. He seemed to look up to his siblings, especially Big Brother, Genesee..eventually getting enough nerve to join him out on the wall. We were so surprised when he took the big leap so soon but he never looked back..except a few days ago. He was the only fledgling to return to the nest box area and spent some time with us by the main cam. Joyce said he was an awesome flyer..soared with the wind, getting heights the other 2 had yet to achieve, stuck every landing.
Fly free, sweet Bronx. :sorrow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:26 pm 

I am so sorry about Bronx.

because I know my watch will be coming soon, I have to remember, this. He felt the wind under his wings. in the wild he would have been great.
so sorry for all the watchers also. :sorrow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 am 

bev. wrote:
I am so sorry about Bronx.

because I know my watch will be coming soon, I have to remember, this. He felt the wind under his wings. in the wild he would have been great.
so sorry for all the watchers also. :sorrow:

He would have Bev. Darn buildings..he must have slammed it hard. Joyce said he flew with his wings tucked back, never showed any fear. Good luck with your watch coming up!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next