Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (U OF A & BELL)~2016
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:13 am 

reports on all site tomorrow. just very tired. sorry,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:35 am 
Site Admin

U of A..

From the DVR this morning..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:02 am 

u of A july18

c and r bond in box tonight at 9:32pm . R did nto stay long

turn off sound it is from another cam

ON Friday we had all 4 kids and 2 adults in sight. We saw only one flying July15

sat july16
WE had all 4 kids at their site in view on Saturday evening. the big femlae was very low and we stayed till 9:30pm . all are flying but our female must have misstepped. do not kno w how she go t where she was . as I just cannot be there 24/7 . Jean came later and stayed with us . Chase was being a good dad and was watching her.

Sunday july17

Peter and I went early afternoon on Sunday, july 17, she was not in spot and we looked all over. But we had at least 3 in view. They were flying adn eating.

sunday JUly17evening

Peter and I and Jean went down. We are 99 percent sure w3e have our female . She did not do much but lounge and ly down while we were there. Do not know how she made it back but were thrilled to see her.Chase must have showed her the way( no one put her there). We had at least a2 flying and tagging each other, I say at least 2 as they dart in and out and without bands and color tapes, who is who. we can only tell big female. We left later in evening when we felt all were tucked.

this must be when C and R sneak away .

monday Juy 18

coud not go tonight and do not know if anyone did but we will try tomorrow. I may have to leave province suddenly in next few days so will try and get caught up best I can. Pete will try and keep track of the birds to th e best of his ability. He has trouble walking far right now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:17 am 

bell

they are in more of a pattern now and are bonding at box. so nice to see as we have been hearing them at south end. wish we had insert working.

this video is from july 16 but they were there a few tines yesterday and today

you can see E4 is in molt bu t she looks healthy and strong

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 am 

Video says private :hmmmm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 am 

a few snaps off cam

E4

male

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 am 

kittenface wrote:
Video says private :hmmmm

will be right back with it . sorry

here is bell video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:00 pm 

july 19 U of A

jean sent me some photos i will share with you later tonight. brilliant they are

we are going down to take a peek . Hope I see all 4

I want to thank Jean and Trish and westend for checking up on our U of A pair also :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:26 am 

U of a july19

here are jeans photos of u of A form sunday july17
here is our big girl( fell in love with her)

we were worried on Saturday night a s we did nit know if she could get out of there. she was on tree stump

2 of the youngster flying or maybe 3, they change so quickly

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:33 am 

U of A july19

I have 3 days of my ipictures do fix yet and will get done in next 2 days. probably slide shows, and one of just the big girl.

but ton8ight we saw all 4 and they were flying os well. When i first got there I looked west and thought I had 2 in sight and then 3 and now 4. I was so excited. they were higher up . And then i counted 5 and 6 and7 LOL

Well they were the Franklin gulls that Gord said would be appearing in a few days. He said it will be awesome watching the kids chasing after them.

So I turned east and saw my big girl. She is gorgeous and huge., I do nto take as many pictures as some as my focus i s on watching. I only try and take some to share with you. Peter had to stay with car, but he has goo d view from where he is also and we can phone each other.
We had 4 in view before we left and my girl was just above PEter.

good therapy fo r me tonight, peaceful and I had all in view.

So slideshow soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:44 pm 

july22U of A

so yesterday Chase brought of the kids back to university area by Jeans apartment. she got all 3 flying. I will post those later. then at 4:30am this morning , sh e heard some screaming past her window. she was not sure how many

of course cam is down, since yesterday afternoon. but Peter and Marge and I went down to the river valley around 1 and we saw 3 of our kids and I think one more as we were leaving. they were snoozing in th e shade. this is their home.

I have kept radisson and chases 4 kids from you till now. I hope you enjoy

I am posting 4videos and with music. this is emotional for me as the start of season was disastrous and i did what i could to keep them safe till they could fly. now it is up to them God speed my friends. some could not understand why I wanted to keep location quiet, but the night she was down so low on rivers edge they understood.

number oneJUly16

well here we are. we have made it. chase scrapes in yet another box. not the one he nested in . What a guy. and the kids . they are gorgeous and doing well . what a great spot this has turned out to be. Chase brought food to the kids. but look as we might ,we only saw 3 and then there she was , low on a tree stump . stay tuned. RAdisson was high on a pole and then went in to girders. See if you can see her/.

[b]number two July 17 and 19 [/b]dedicated to our wonderful big female .

something happened to my heart when I saw her on the stump. She was so gorgeous and sh e would lift up her wings and let the wind pass through. How she got back to bridge I will never know but my heart is full. she flew well but not too far. I did nto see her fly form girder but Peter saw her fly back above him.

you can see how they camouflage in with the girders . my camera kept locking but I got her flying to the girder.

number threejuly17

a dream for me. to see them all, to see them flying high , beautiful radisson and handsome Chase and 4 gorgeous juveniles. what more can one ask for. . this had turned out to be great for them. I am so proud of them. and a beaver thrown in with the mix. perfect. now it is up to nature.

and my last one july19
que sera sera

and so their adventure begins. they have their wings under them , now they will learn how to hunt . what great teachers they have. and what a beautiful place to be. of course Chase has taken them to his original home but today they were here also( july22) . this is their home

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Oh Bev...I just loved all the videos and pics!! :7val: Gosh, they are so cute!! (and so was the beaver..hee hee)

Has the box always been there or did Gord have to quickly relocate a box to the bridge to give them some place safe to nest?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 am 

carly wrote:
Fantastic videos Bev, love the little beaver too :teehee: . So happy it all turned out so well for them! What an adventure for Radisson this year and she adapted beautifully and raised 4 healthy babies with Chase...woohoo!

WOW! Amazing! Thanks, Bev!
:7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 pm 

skygirlblue wrote:
Oh Bev...I just loved all the videos and pics!! :7val: Gosh, they are so cute!! (and so was the beaver..hee hee)

Has the box always been there or did Gord have to quickly relocate a box to the bridge to give them some place safe to nest?

in 20111 Gird had 2 boxes placed on the pillars. they chose the more south one but chase was often above the other, He scraped in the other , the other day LOl

we have had peregrines nesting there but becasue of weather an d geese it was not successful m thus theboxes.

gord was excited when R and C nested there this year as he said now we will have in interest in the site but now he realizes that since Chase came in to U ofA , we have had nto peregrines nesting there. chase has claimed this and U of A as his territory LOL

I do have a video of area that I will post sometime today. I had peter make it but did nto want to post til now. It is a great spot. not like some bridges ,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:37 pm 

I have heard that Chase has been sighted with youngsters in the area of the box. Congratulations Bev you were right again! :sum9:

If the cam was up those of us who cannot see the birds from the ground could be enjoying their antics too. Grrrr. And if we could have a view of a bit of the roof, we could see the bands of any Weber kids that wander over to Grandma Radisson's house if the follow the pattern of the yellow band from from year. There is so much we could be learning and sharing. Sadly so many opportunities lost. :girlsad3:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:06 am 

U of A

you are sure right about missing out on a lot Emyrauld.
I am really sad about those who have been watching, missing out , as I know radisson was in box tonight. and we know how the kids last year kept coming back to box and how , as Emyrauld said, yellow band from WEber moved right in.

Would be interesting to see if any from WEber came this way, this year. I am sure it would be cool to see if radisson and chases brood from this year came to box, as they sure have been hanging aorund area.

Radisson fed the big female on College plaza this morning. Chase and radisson and the big female were hanging aorund. First time for our gal. Jean said later the boys showed up and did some great flying ( but high enough to be away from buildings.
And BARb. and MArge saw them at their birth site also.

So much to learn.

from Jean
Bridgette( named by Jean)

Bridgette and RAdisson

brigette

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:29 am 

Jean was n0t happy about these shots form the other day, when boys came, she had setting wrong, but it is just proof they were there

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:35 am 

BEll july26

unfortunately insert and sound are gone but we are still trying to keep tabs of E4 . she is beefing up and looking well

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 pm 

I love the name that Jean picked for her. It is a nice name. Thank her for the photos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:51 pm 

the kids are coming to the box

from my friend

radisson has been here on regular basis now and so has chase

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next