Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:17 to the nest this morning and started moving sticks, aerating bowl, stood a bit, then flew at 6:23. At 12:11, Ma arrived to the nest and stood a bit, then preened. At 12:19 she went to the bowl and aerated, then directly she is lying in it. Ma stood up at 1:13 and looked around. She backed out of the bowl at 1:16 to the rear of the nest to stand and look around, then flew at 1:17 for the day. Pa arrived at 7:27 to the bowl rim panting and stood looking down in it or at his talons ... it was hard to tell. Then he went down in it to stand. He went up to the left branch at 7:35, stood a bit, then flew for the night at 7:36. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:20 am.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 1:51 this afternoon and stood on the wall of the bowl looking around. At 1:56 he shook out his feathers and stepped up to the left floor of the nest to look around and preen. Pa saw Ma flying and moved to the bowl and started moving sticks and a pine cone. Ma arrived at 2:06 and Pa moved more sticks and aerated as Ma watched. Then he did a little rail work, stood a bit. He went to the left branch at 2:14 and flew 2 minutes later. Ma continued to stand. Ma to the bowl at 2:38 to move sticks and aerate, then stood. She is lying in it by 2:47. Ma got up at 3:46 to stand and eventually preen, then continued to stand and look around. At 4:18, Ma turns to face the front of the nest. She is lying in the bowl by 4:30 and aerates the floor above the bowl a little. At 6:00 Ma stands up in the bowl. At 7:31, she turned to face the evening sun and goes into the "Horaltic Pose" till 8:11, then she relaxes and preens. At 8:14 she aerates the nest floor. She notices Pa flying and he arrived to the rear of the nest at 8:27 panting. He starts moving sticks from the floor, then aerates. He stood a bit, then up to the left branch at 8:30 and flies within the minute for the night. Ma continued to stand. She preened a little at 9:10, then continued to stand. Ma is perched on the right rails as I leave at 11:11 pm.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:49 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night. At 5:30 this morning she is awake and perched on the rear rail. She turned and flew at 6:06. Ma returned at 9:20 panting and was standing in the bowl a couple minutes later. By 9:51 she is lying in the bowl and aerating. Ma stood up in the bowl at 11:17, then backed out of it a couple minutes later and stood. At 11:36 she started turning around having a little trouble doing so and she flew a minute later. She returned at 12:51 and to the bowl a couple minutes later to stand. Ma out of the bowl at 1:42 to stand. She flew at 1:48. Ma returned at 3:01 to stand and is panting at intervals. Pa arrived at 3:13 panting to stand. He flew out for the day at 3:20. She is lying in the bowl by 3:46 and aerates. At 5:50 Ma stands up in the bowl and backs out of it to the rear rails to stand. She turned and flew at 6:16. Ma returned at 7:06 and made a slide landing into the bowl panting. She stands a bit, then aerates and is lying in it by 7:17. Ma up at 10:44 and backs out of the bowl toward the right rails, then back to the bowl to stand. She squatted in the bowl by 11:56 and was trying to move out sticks and a pine cone, aerates, then stands again. Ma is lying in the bowl and turned her head around to snip at a bug as I leave at 12:47 am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:14 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night last night. She flew at 6:21 this morning. At 8:25 Ma arrived to the nest and then to the bowl to aerate, stood awhile. At 8:48 she backed out of the bowl, turned and went to the rear of the nest and flew a minute later. Ma returned to the nest at 9:08. A minute later she went to the bowl and aerated a little and then relaxed down in it. At 10:02 Ma got up and watched something away from the nest and went to the rear and flew. Pa arrived to the bowl at 12:12 and aerated, moved a pine cone out to the rim, tries to move the other 2 out, but they keep rolling back in, then the one he placed to the rim rolled back into the bowl. He aerated, moved sticks that were astray from the rails back, aerated the bowl more, then stood awhile. At 12:28 he resumes work on the bowl, moved the pine cone out again, then he continued to stand in the bowl. At 2:16 Pa walked out of the bowl and up onto the nest floor and stood. He eased toward the rear and flew at 2:30. At 4:09 Pa arrived and stood and looked around. At 4:17 he did a little bowl work moving pine cones out, stood in the bowl looking around. He stepped out of the bowl to the front of the nest at 4:44 and is watching something in the distance. After watching intently he flew at 4:50. At 7:05, Pa to the left branch, then at 7:22 to the bowl to stand. At 7:30 he goes up to the nest floor. At 8:01 he went to the left branch and flew a minute later. Ma arrived at 9:00 and Pa seconds later to the left branch, then down to the nest. They are side by side with their backs to us. Pa aerated the bowl, then stepped into it. Ma aerated the bowl a little, then stopped, Pa continued to aerate. Ma has crouched down and Pa stopped aerating and stood. Pa walked in front of Ma and he is too close and she reached out and bit his wing and he reached backed and snipped on her. :teehee: He went to the rear and flew at 9:05. She maneuvered over into the bowl at 9:11. By 9:44 she is asleep with her head tucked. Ma is asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 12:14 am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:49 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night last night. Pa arrived to the left branch at 5:57 this morning and side-stepped down to the nest. He runs into Ma as she is not willing to move, so he turns and does some rail work. He tries to get around her again, but she still will not move. He finally walked around the rear of her dragging her tail with him. He went to the opposite side of the bowl from her and started working which forced her out. She flew at 6:00. He stood and flew a minute later. At 12:27 Pa arrived to the bowl to stand. Then at 12:44 he went to the rear of the nest to stand a bit. He flew a couple minutes later. At 2:15 Pa arrived to the left branch and perched. At 2:19 he went down to the bowl to work for a few seconds, then stood. By 2:24 he is lying in the bowl and bringing fluff toward his chest. Pa stands at 2:57 and tries to clear the bowl of a stick and pine cones, then back down to lie again. Pa rises at 3:23 and stands and looks around. At 3:27 he goes up on the nest floor. He is watching something away from the nest. Ten minutes later he goes to the rear rails and watches out the rear. At 4:26 he turns his head to watch out the front. And a couple minutes later he turned around and Ma arrived. He walks around her and she heads for the bowl. Pa walked up the left branch and flew for the night possibly at 4:30. Ma stood in the bowl and she goes into the "Horaltic Pose" at 4:54 and gradually relaxed at 4:57. She is lying in the bowl by 5:33. I had a lot of trouble maneuvering on the DVR this evening, but from what I could see, Pa did not return. Ma has been lying or standing in the bowl all evening, mainly lying. She is lying in the bowl with her back to us as I leave at 11:46 pm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:25 am 

:1val: As far as I know Ma spent the night. I do not know what time she left this morning, because the DVR would only go back to 6:30 and she was already gone at that time. Late this afternoon at 4:54, Ma arrived to the nest and backed up to the rear rails. At 5:02 she strikes the "Horaltic Pose" facing the evening sun. She gradually relaxed as the sun was clouded over and then full extension again at 5:14 and gradually relaxing at 5:22. She preened a little, then re-strikes the pose at 5:23 and relaxes at 5:51. To the bowl at 5:53 to stand. Ma is working on lying in the bowl by 7:32. Pa arrived to the left branch at 8:25 and down to the nest a minute later. He stood as he does not have much room to maneuver between Ma and the front rails. Finally he eases toward the rear of Ma and picks up a stray stick that's hard to handle. As he goes to the other side of Ma, he drops it on her, then picks it up and takes it to the right rails and places. On the way back, Ma reaches over and bites his left wing. :teehee: He took a step or two and stood. He went to the left branch at 8:30 and flew seconds later for the night. Ma intently watched to see where he went. Ma got out of the bowl at 8:56 and stood on the rim of it. She has stood about the rim the rest of the evening. Ma continues to stand as I leave at 12:25 am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:07 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Went back as far as I could this morning and Pa was already on the nest at 5:30. He came in at about 5:21 per chat. Pa was busy working on the rails, to the bowl next moving out pine cones and debris, aeration, then stood a bit. Ma watched him from the left rails while perched. Pa to the left branch at 6:07 and flew seconds later. Ma to the left branch at 6:08 and flew seconds later. I missed a one hour span of time between 1:40 to 2:40, but found Ma at 2:40 on the rear rails eating a mammal. So don't know if Pa brought it to her or if she brought it in. Chat did not note it. By 2:43, she is attempting to down the pelt unsuccessfully and she hopped from the rails with it landing on the rim of the bowl with her good leg. She dropped the pelt into the bowl and made a 2nd attempt to down it unsuccessfully. She shredded it and finally was able to finish off the last pieces. Ma hopped toward the left branch and stopped and feaked against the rails there. She hopped up to the left branch at 2:49 and flew seconds later. She returned to the rear rails at 3:02 and stood. Then to the nest at 3:12. At 3:36, she backs up to and on the rear rails and perched. At 4:13, she hopped to the nest again and to the bowl for a bit. She backed out of the bowl and to the left branch at 4:15 and flew a minute later for the day. At 7:22 Pa showed up to the nest and stood for awhile. Next he moved about the nest and picked at the floor of it occasionally, then stood awhile. To the right branch at 8:37 and out of sight for the night. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:07 am.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:10 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Had trouble with the DVR freezing and then restarting minutes later, today. Unfortunately that happened when I saw Ma for the 1st time. The cam froze at 2:08:54 and Ma was not there, but it restarted at 2:11 and Ma was on the nest eating a fish that was in the bowl, so I don't know if she brought it in or Pa. She took it out of the bowl and finished it off by 2:20, then feaked within seconds. She stood for awhile and then was lying in the bowl by 3:05. She rose at 4:54, stood a bit, backed out of the bowl, stood and looked around and preened. At 5:15 she settles back in the bowl. At 6:21 she rose again and back down in a few minutes. At 7:27, Ma is up again to stand. Pa arrived at 8:02, looked around, then vaguely picked at the bowl. He went to the left branch at 8:03 and flew seconds later. He returned at 8:35, poked at the bowl, stood a bit, aerated near the rim of the bowl. Ma moved to get a better position in the bowl and Pa removed one of the sticks from it. Ma assisted a little with aeration and Pa moved another stick out of the way. He moved one of the pine cones to the rails. Ma aerated a little more while he worked about the rim. Ma reached over and pecked him because he was too close, but Pa continued his work. :teehee: When he stopped working he gently beaked her on her beak. Next Pa went to the front rails to work. He lost his balance on some loose railing and flapped his wings out to catch himself touching Ma with one of them, so she reached out and bit him on his underside. :teehee: Then Pa went back to work and moved the pine cone on the rail he had placed earlier. He went up on the right rails at 8:42 and hopped up to the right branch and out of sight. He flew seconds later for the night. Ma remained in the bowl the rest of the evening. She stood at 12:32 and eventually preened. She backed up to the right rails at 12:41 and perched a bit before moving back to the nest. Ma remains standing on the nest as I leave at 1:10 am.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:27 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 6:08 and started aerating the bowl and Ma is standing on the rim of it. He stood a bit. At 6:12 Pa went to the left branch and Ma went to the right branch and out of sight. Pa decided to come back onto the nest instead of flying off. He stood a bit, then went to the rear of the nest and flew at 6:13. The cam started freezing and continued through out the day and so was only able to see bits and pieces of their visits or not. At 10:49 Ma was already there and lying in the bowl. At 1:29, Ma and Pa are standing on the nest. Ma acts disturbed as she sees something away from the nest that she can't take her eyes off of. Suddenly at 1:39 she flew up to the left branch for a touch and go lift off and flew out. Pa watched to see where she she is going, then did a crop drop and continued to stand. Next at 4:17 Ma is already perched on the rear rails. She preened at 4:30 and a minute later she moved toward the bowl to stand. At 4:49 she remains standing. At 9:34 Ma is already lying in the bowl. She continued to lie in the bowl the rest of the evening and is doing so as I leave at 12:27 am.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:09 pm 

:1val: Berry College Eagles

41 mins · Shared with Public
Thank you to all who alerted us about Camera 1 being down. We will have it back up and running as soon as we are able!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:25 am 

:1val: Cam 1 was frozen all day till 11:35 pm with an image of Ma standing on nest at 6:09 am. Ma spent the night last night. Switching to cam 2 at 10:53 this morning Ma was lying in the bowl. She stood at 11:45 and a couple minutes later she is alerting sounding a little hoarse initially. Then she either flew or went up to a branch. At 2:24 Ma arrived to the nest and stood and is lying in the bowl 5 minutes later. Missed some portions, but she is lying in the bowl at 6:05. Unknown when she left for the day, but per chat she was not there at 7:32. Pa arrived to the nest at 8:49 and started moving a pine cone and debris, stood, picked up a feather, stood, moved a stick on the rail. Off the nest at 8:59 for the night. Nobody is on the nest as I leave at 12:25 am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:15 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Cam 1 is frozen at 6:15 with Pa on the nest this morning. (It has remained the rest of the day.) He came in with a large branch at 6:12 per chat. All views of Ma and Pa were seen from cam 2 only and are limited. At 8:56 Ma lands on the nest panting, then she heads to the bowl. Initially she crouched over it, but is lying in it by 9:11. Ma stood at 11:02, then crouched over it again at 11:35. And lying in it again by 12:04. Up at 12:37 and re-positions with her wings spread out as she lies. She was still here at 12:54, but not when I came back in at 1:39. Ma arrives to the nest at 3:22 with a very nice, fish! It took her a little over an hour to eat as she struggled with it some and finally finished it off at 4:24. She was feaking by 4:25 and off cam seconds later. At 8:43, Ma arrived to the nest and Pa seconds later. He picked up a feather from the bowl and moved it out and as his head swung by Ma, she snipped at him. :teehee: Ma is off cam at 8:44. Then there was only a partial view of Pa who continues to work. Ma is still on the nest as you can see her bad talon only from this view. Then from the sounds of it, I believe Ma flew for the night at 8:45. Pa remains working on the nest floor. At 8:51, I believe he found a scrap left from Ma's fish dinner earlier and you can partially see and definitely hear him eating it. At 8:56, Pa flew upward and off cam for the night. The nest remains empty from cam 2 as I leave at 12:15 am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:50 pm 

:1val: Cam 1 just went live at 11:21 pm, but don't know how long it will last. Observations today were from cam 2. Ma did not spend the night on the nest. She arrived at 7:12 this morning and eventually to the bowl to stand. She was lying in it by 8:05. At 9:30 she stood and preened. At 10:31, she aerated the bowl, then is lying in it. She stood back up at 12:56. Noticed she is lying in it again at 2:23. Up again to stand at 6:17. At 6:40, Ma flew up and I believe she is off the nest. Ma landed on the nest at 8:40 and went to stand in the bowl. She aerated it a little, moved a stick out, then crouched in it. Pa lands on the nest at 8:47 and only parts are seen of him from this view. From the sounds of it he flew at 8:48 for the night. Ma decided to lie in the bowl after he left. She has continued in this position for the rest of the evening. Ma is awake and lying in the bowl watching something above to the left (maybe in the tree, something woke her up at 11:47), then she seemed to relax as I leave at 11:50 pm.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:25 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. She left at 6:11 this morning. She did not return to the nest today and Pa did not visit the nest today as viewed on cam 2 till cam 1 went live again at 4:18. (It was frozen again this morning at 5:24.) No visits were seen from cam 1 for the remainder of the evening either. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:25 pm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:40 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. She arrived to the nest at 12:21 this afternoon and to the bowl a minute later. She was crouching over it by 12:23 and lying in it by 12:33. At 2:51 she stood up for a bit and then back down lying in it again. Ma stood up in the bowl at 4:52 and backed up to the rear of the nest at 4:58 to look around. Ma to the left branch at 5:03 and flew. She returned at 7:00 to the nest panting and then to the bowl and is soon crouching over it and then lying in it. At 8:37, Pa to the left branch facing Ma in the bowl. He remained here till turning around on the branch at 8:44 and flying out for the night a minute later. Ma stood up in the bowl at 9:41 and then lying in it again by 10:24. She remains in this position as I leave at 11:40 pm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:32 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. She was standing on the nest when Pa arrived this morning at 6:01. Eventually he went to the bowl. Ma to the left branch at 6:02 and flew. Pa aerated the bowl. Pa to the left branch at 6:05 and flew seconds later for the day. Ma arrived back to the nest at 5:39 and went to the bowl where she pulled a small stick from it, then stood. Eventually Ma was lying in the bowl for the 1st half of the evening and then she decided to stand in it or on the nest the remainder of the evening. Ma is standing on the nest as I leave at 11:32 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:29 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. At 6:02 this morning Pa arrived to the left branch and then walked down to the nest. He got busy with aeration near the bowl as Ma is currently lying in it. At 6:06, Pa flew up to the left branch and out a minute later. Ma stood at 6:46, moved around a bit, then crouching on bowl at 6:51 and eventually lying in it. Up at 8:38 to stand, then back down to lie at 9:13. Ma got up again at 10:43 to stand. She flew at 11:51. Pa arrived at 2:54 per chat. He was standing in the bowl at 3:55. At 4:17 Pa moves a pine cone and stick from the bowl and aerates, then stands. Ma returns at 4:46. Pa immediately gets busy with the bowl and Ma assists. At 4:51, Pa to the front rail at the base of the left branch and stood. Then back to the bowl to aerate at 4:53. Then Pa at 4:57 went to the right front rails to work and stood a bit. At 5:10, Pa to the bowl to stand. At 5:15, Ma starts maneuvering to get in the bowl while Pa is standing in it. She aerates, maneuvers more, bumps into Pa who gets up higher and out of her way, then he moves completely out of the bowl and onto the nest floor. Ma reaches up to snip at him as he goes by. :teehee: In a bit, Pa snips at her. :teehee: He walked on the nest floor a sec, then stood. At 5:18, Ma is crouching over the bowl. Pa flew at 5:20 for the night and Ma is lying in the bowl. Ma has continued to lie in the bowl mainly sleeping and sometimes awakening to preen. Ma is asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 1:29 am.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:40 am 

Ma spent the night on the nest. The earliest I could check was 6:14 this morning and nobody was on the nest. Ma flew out at about 6:09 per chat. Pa arrived at 1:28 this afternoon and stood. He went up to the left branch at 1:32 and turned back around toward the nest and out of sight. He returned to the left branch in a touch and go manner and immediately to the nest at 2:07. He was panting and stood. He went to the left rails and hopped up to the left branch at 2:13 and turned around facing the nest and out of view. I did not hear or see him leave. Then could see a sliver of an eagle at 3:05 on the left branch and slowly out of sight again. I believe this is Pa that has never flown out since going up to the left branch and out of sight earlier. He turned back around and flew at 3:07. At 8:44 Pa arrived to the right, front, rails in partial view and to the right rails at 8:45, then to the bowl to aerate, stood a bit, up to the left branch at 8:54 and flew seconds later for the night. There have been no return visits the rest of the evening. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:40 am.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:22 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night and Ma and Pa did not come to the nest today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:22 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:06 pm 

:teehee: Two kestrels have been visiting and playing on the nest this morning together or alone beginning in the 9:00 hour or there abouts. At 10:29 while playing, one flipped over completely on it's back!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next