Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARRISBURG, JANUARY-APRIL 2022
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:46 pm 

She's been on the front wall for awhile and now is preening. All is quiet. I have not seen 85.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:59 pm 

85 is by the column and she is talkative and in the nest.

He's been here awhile, but not going in the nest with her so far.

Eventually he flew and she went back to the nest wall. It is 3:11.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:38 pm 

I don't seem to catch a lot of action. She's back on top of the front nest wall preening and has just started calling out. Not seeing 85. She has quite the bowl dug out in the nest. Soon she went down in the nest wailing and to the bad window to do the same and then down to the end of the ledge and to the point. She's calling at intervals, but I still do not see 85. Hoping he is continuing to tend to his juvies and that they are safe and well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:46 pm 

She's spending the night on top of the front wall of the nest just as she did last night.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:37 pm 

When I was here this morning, I didn't see anyone around. Just saw her fly downward from near the point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:41 pm 

85 in the nest and she is on the point. They are talking to each other. After a long while, she came into the nest and they bowed and talked and beaked each other, then she grabbed his beak with hers and he then grabbed her beak with his. It was the 1st time I've seen actual physical contact with each other. Soon he left and went to the point while she remains in the nest.

They are still talking to each other at 5:57. Then she left and he remains on the point. He went down the ledge and eventually in the nest still talking. Next he went to the top of the front nest wall. Back to the nest at 6:07. Back to the wall at 6:08. He flew at 6:14.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:00 pm 

:15heartbeat: Juvie with bands in nest box, Female on point looking at her!!

Female left and is swooping at juvie!

Juvie walked out of nest 5:05. On ledge, odd posture, may be injured, don't know.

The juvies back is to us and she acts as if tearing and pulling on prey. Eating? Maybe she was carrying something and that is why odd posture.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:11 pm 

Cams out of sync, very hard to follow. Juvie in box, while someone on ledge, don't know if same bird or not.

Missed juvie in nest leave. Same bird on ledge with back to us, don't know if I messed up and this is original juvie that left nest and went to the ledge or if this is new female.

I can not see white chest on the one on the ledge eating, so I think it is original juvie and we may have had 2 juvies here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:22 pm 

Swooping in flybys by the female to the juvie on ledge who has moved near the nest.

Now down to near the orange post with the prey.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:52 pm 

Okay, I'm back and lost track of what was going on as I have been having pc issues half a week now. Constantly getting Chrome not responding with freezes. Had to control, alt, delete and sign back in 4 times. Nobody home now. Even though the cams are not in sync, I do believe with the action I was seeing in all the above posts that began with the 5:00 pm one that there were 2 juvies at one time (just a short period for both being here) and the female was giving them heck. The one I was afraid was injured at 1st, just had prey they were trying to mantle and transport. Whoever this juvie was is very bold as it did not let the female deter them...it ate! Don't know of course what happened while I couldn't get back in. Perhaps someone with a working pc and with enough interest in this nest can try to follow. I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:04 pm 

I caught the end of the conflict. Juvie was picking at scraps left on ledge. The adult female took a dive at it, and it looked like she knocked it off the ledge. Reviewing the video it looks like the juvie jumped back and fell off the ledge while avoiding an actual hitby the adult.

https://youtu.be/ppl6ZkHahQw

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:52 pm 

I am so bummed I cannot get cam thi s year. David, do you have a link.
thanks David

well we know juveniles are making it, now. it looks like it fell so should be able to right itself.
If I could , I would watch and help here

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:22 pm 

bev., The link I use is:

https://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/ ... up_v2.html

I'm not sure why you cannot see the site. Did you try a different browser? I use Opera, but I sometimes have to use a different browser to link to a particular site.

And if you have extensions (ad blockers, etc) running, try connecting with the extensions turned off.

Does it just never connect, or do you get an error message like "site not found"?

`

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:20 am 

DavidN wrote:
bev., The link I use is:

https://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/ ... up_v2.html

I'm not sure why you cannot see the site. Did you try a different browser? I use Opera, but I sometimes have to use a different browser to link to a particular site.

And if you have extensions (ad blockers, etc) running, try connecting with the extensions turned off.

Does it just never connect, or do you get an error message like "site not found"?

`

this is what it says

The connection has timed out

An error occurred during a connection to www.dep.state.pa.us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:09 am 

all my sites are in a mess right now and against better jsudgement, I have put up Hdtap on my computer and see I believe 85 over at building g across the way.
the female is on shield

canno t keep it up long as it messes with my computer cams at my sites, but will check back when I can

keep postive. sometimes at first glance, it seems worse than what it is. tha t is why replays are always good, in slow motion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:49 am 

there is now a falcon here
see no one else in sight

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:06 pm 

I have to leave . will try an d put up again later
hoping for best outcome

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:40 pm 

Back with my pc fixed (I hope) and found 85 in the nest digging out the 2 bowls already formed, then up to the front wall of the nest. Shortly he went back into the nest and started talking and she flew in to the ledge in front of the nest and soon joined him inside where they bowed and talked to each other for a bit, then 85 flew out. She remained in the nest to dig out the 2 bowls some more, then atop the front wall. Saw her very late last night atop the front wall of the nest as if she were spending the night and again this morning very early in the same spot preening. Thanks David for your video as it was very helpful in discerning what happened at the end of yesterday's incident.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Incredibly sad news to report via Falcon Wire..

They've lost Red :sum7:

Falcon Wire:

FALCONWIRE

6/13/2022 :: A challenging season

2022 may go down as one of the most challenging seasons since peregrine falcons began successfully nesting on the Rachel Carson State Office Building (RCSOB) in 2000. As Falcon Cam followers are aware, with the adult female 48/AE at Red Creek Wildlife Center, a new female (09/BS) has laid claim to the 15th floor ledge. Establishing herself includes chasing the young fledglings (Red, Green, and Yellow) away from the nest site. Yesterday morning, Red returned to the nest site area and was subsequently attacked by 09/BS, injured, and ended up on a low roof of the RCSOB. In their dedicated fashion the Falcon Watch and Rescue volunteers responded and were able to rescue Red and transport her to Red Creek.
    Unfortunately, Red was severely injured and succumbed to her injuries at 8:00 pm last night. This development has reverberated throughout the Falcon Cam community.

As difficult as these challenging developments are, the pairing of 09/BS with the current resident male, 85/AK, which has included courtship behavior such as vocalizations, gifts of prey, display flights, and flying together, indicates continued productivity of the RCSOB nest site. There has also been a report that suggests copulation off-camera. This is vital to the continued success of the RCSOB nest site and bodes well for next spring.

There is also concern over Yellow and Green. Hopefully, they have progressed enough during the fledging period to acquire the skills necessary for survival. The hope is that, in the future, they show up at another nest site and are identified by their bands.

The Falcon Watch and Rescue volunteers have been nothing short of amazing in 2022. Despite all the twists and turns this fledging season, their commitment to these falcons is remarkable. The Red Creek Wildlife Center staff also deserve recognition as their assistance has been amazing. They too have expressed their connection to these falcons. So, to all the followers of Falcon Cam through this season of twists and turns, take comfort in knowing that the RCSOB nest site will continue and remember to celebrate the recovery of a species that, not that long ago, was on the brink of extinction.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:58 am 

I just read it. Too sad. I thought the attack we watched look a little more serious than Red falling or jumping off.
:cryinggirl:

Poor little angel. :sum7:
:sorrow:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next