Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2021 -2022
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:26 am 

:harvest: Pa arrived at 6:43 this morning with a stick and began his work, then stood. The female arrived at 6:48 to the left branch, so Pa got busy aerating the bowl and she hopped down to the nest to assist. Pa flew at 6:50 and she at 6:55. Pa back at 8:42 for a 1 minute visit. Pa back with fluff at 9:32 with the female following him in and they aerated the bowl, then stood. Pa flew at 9:36 and she worked just a little more before flying out at 9:38. She returned at 5:52 this evening to the left branch, then down to the nest to aerate the bowl. She flew to the rear woods at 5:54. At the end of the 7:53 minute and the start of the 7:54, you can hear eagle vocals with responses. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:20 am.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:48 am 

:harvest: Both were here today working on the nest or eating and so was Rocky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:48 pm 

:harvest: Another busy day off and on at the nest that started with the 1st visit before 6:00 am per chat. Both were in early this morning and arrived before dark this eve. Pa came back once this morning for about a 20 minute work visit and she once this afternoon for a long visit. She called for Pa at intervals through out her stay, probably wanting a food gift. The nest remains empty as I leave at 10:30 pm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:40 am 

:harvest: Pa to the nest at 8:07 this morning with the female following him in for a working visit. The female left at 8:15, then could see her fly in the distance behind the nest at 8:18 and then seconds later she flew upward toward the left rear, nest and suddenly diverted or landed on a branch out of sight. Pa saw her and went to aerate the nest and she flew in at 8:19. She flew at 8:23 and Pa at 8:24. She returned at 2:17 this afternoon and aerated the bowl. She flew out at 2:20. Pa to the nest at 4:56 and aerated the bowl. He flew at 4:59 for the day. Female to the nest at 5:42 and aerated the bowl, looked around, aerated the bowl. At 5:44, she crouched and aerated more. She flew at 5:46 for the day. Rocky has been on and off the nest all evening. At 6:47, one Rocky chased another Rocky up the rear central branch. Most recently one has been gathering fluff from the nest again. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:34 pm except for Rocky!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:39 am 

:harvest: Visits today from both. Currently both are on the nest as an owl was in the vicinity earlier. Can hear the hoots and the eagle responses beginning at 11:02 in the distance before Pa's eventual arrival at 11:08 to the nest and the female seconds later to a branch below the nest on the left. Also, a bird can be seen flying right to left on the app cam at 11:13:32 which is just prior to their arrival. Times are different as the cams are not in sync.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:09 pm 

:harvest: They were on the branches when I came in at 4:35 this morning and had spent the night here. They went to the nest at 5:26 and did a little work. Pa went back to sleep at 5:59. He woke at 6:21 and preened and then a little work till the female joined him on the nest from the left branch. He flew at 6:42 and she a couple minutes later and so started their day. Pa returned early afternoon with a fluff delivery and spread before taking off again. He returned at 5:21 this evening and aerated and moved fluff, stood. Next he laid in the bowl at 5:25 till he saw the female flying in the distance and he hopped up right quick and seconds later she arrived and he started aerating the bowl. She assisted. They continued to work some or stand some. Pa flew out for the day at 5:38 and she seconds later, both to the left, then rear. Eagle vocals could be heard at 5:40 and again at 5:59. Rocky on the nest at 9:51. The nest remains empty as I leave at 10:07 pm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:34 am 

:4turkey: Haven't written it up, but Pa and the female are on guard duty for their nest. He is currently on the right branch and she is on the left branch. They should spend the night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:27 am 

:harvest: They did end up staying the whole night last night. Pa came in mid morning with a stick and a little later, she showed up with a fluff delivery. Both worked. She left and returned with a stick and they both worked some more. She flew out 1st, then Pa a few minutes later. Pa returned a few minutes later with another stick and about 4 minutes later she arrived with another fluff delivery. They aerated the nest and then stood. She flew at 10:33, then Pa worked a little more before flying out at 10:42. Pa to the nest at 5:28 this evening and stood till she flew in at 5:33 and Pa got busy and she assisted. She flew out for the day at 5:42 to the left then rear, Pa watched then seconds later he flew out to the left, then rear. Seconds later, eagle vocals heard from the rear. Rain this evening. At 12:53 am, there were eagle vocals with responses from the rear. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:56 am.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:36 am 

:harvest: Pa started his day working on the nest at 6:47 and she at 6:56. They made multiple visits in their usual fashion through out the day to work and rest at times. Pa even brought in a fish for himself as he immediately began eating it on arrival instead of waiting to see if she would show up. They also stopped by the nest right before dark and flew to the back as usual. Rocky had a big time on the nest earlier this evening at least a couple of times that I saw. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:47 pm.

:sunconfused: But, the most interesting thing I saw today was Pa having a female intruder visit him on the nest that he clearly did not want to entertain. It went like this: Pa to the nest with a stick at 8:10 and placed it to the left rails. At 8:11, an eagle flew between the left rear, branches toward the left. At 8:12, it flew back from the opposite direction through the branches and seconds later came back and landed on the left rear, branch just above the nest. It hopped to a lower branch still in view and Pa was using his "leery vocals" just as he did with his new partner when she showed up near this time last year and he had his feathers all puffed up. She came to the nest at 8:14 and Pa escaped to the left branch. The intruder moved fluff on the nest, a stick, a pine cone, then aerated the bowl. She has the same markings along her face as the new female when she appeared last year. So she most likely has just reached sexual maturity. Then she adjusted the right rails at 8:19, followed by more aeration. Pa turned to face the nest at 8:22. At 8:25 while at the rear of the nest, she pecked at the loose cam cable that runs vertically along the back central, branch. Then she went to the left rails to work and a minute later to the front rails to work. Pa moved up the left branch and out of sight at 8:27 as the intruder continued to work on the front rails. She moved a stray stick to the rails at 8:30. then she moved a pine cone. At 8:32, she continued to move sticks, pick at fluff, then stood. She went to the front rails at 8:33, then to the left branch where Pa was! She faced the nest. Could barely hear Pa's squeaks, then he flew! She began preening at 8:35. Then at 8:47 she abruptly flew up and over the left rails to the left! At 9:09, the nest female arrived to the nest followed in by Pa and they aerated the bowl and continued their morning...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:33 am 

:harvest: Both eventually in a little after 7:00 this morning and worked. Pa returned mid morning with feathered prey that he didn't attempt to eat, but stood looking around. About a minute later the female arrives screaming as she does when Pa has prey and she took it and defeathered and ate. They also worked. They returned this evening a little before dark, the female first and she cried out several times for Pa and eventually he arrived. They did a little more work during this short visit before flying out to the rear woods for the night. Rocky was on the nest early this evening and returned later on. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:15 am.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:06 am 

:taz: It started and proceeded through out the day as a normal work day pattern for them here of late, however it did not end that way. During their last check of the nest for the day, abruptly at 5:44 their bodies take an alert stance and the female sounds the alert and Pa flew abruptly up and to the left after whatever it is they see that has upset them. The female continues to watch outward to the left of the nest at 5:45. She flew to the left branch at 5:49 and alerts again. She flew out at 5:54. I went to the app cam to view the incident and you could see a large dark, bird (blurry image) fly in toward the tree, then divert away when it realized Pa jumped upward and was flying after it. I was so caught up in watching and waiting that I forgot to take any more notes except for a 5:58 which I believe is the time the female returned to the nest. She has been on the left branch every since and is there now as I leave at 11:17. Unfortunately, Pa has not returned to the nest or tree per cams. Hopefully he will check in 1st thing in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:02 am 

:1val: The female spent the night here. She worked some on the nest this morning. Pa arrived at 6:42 and they began their work day together. It was good to see that he was okay after chasing away the intruder last evening. He flew out at 6:54 and she a minute later. Pa brought in a fluff delivery at 8:08 and aerated the bowl. She arrived at 8:11 and spread the fluff. He flew at 8:13 and she at 8:17. She returned at 3:33 to the left branch this afternoon and was alerting at 3:41 and could hear Pa responding in the distance and he arrived to the nest seconds later and he alerted also. Female to the nest at 3:42 and they have quit alerting and aerate the bowl. They stood a bit, worked some, then stood more. The female had moved to the left rear, curve and surprisingly at 4:03 Pa went over and they mated. Then Pa flew out at 4:04. She watched, then continued to stand and then flew out at 4:10. She returned at 5:48 for a short work visit and flew out for the day at 5:51 to the left then rear with a clump of fluff caught on her left talons. Also at 5:48 an eagle had landed on a tree to the right and rear of the nest tree in the back. Do not know if it was her or Pa. But soon after she left, eagle vocals could be heard from the rear with responses. Rocky on the nest at 9:23. Eagle vocals were heard at 9:53, 10:42, 11:52 per chat. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:25 am.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 am 

:harvest: Another day of working on their nest at intervals throughout the day and some rest. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:50 am.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:15 am 

:7val: Another busy work day that started with Pa coming in a little before 7:00 as did the female seconds after Pa. Their work day proceeded as usual with in and out visits. One thing of note, Pa arrived to the nest at 10:35 with prey and stood a bit, then flung the squirrel around (could finally ID as the tail became visible as he flung it) to the left front of the nest and stood. Poor Pa, this is obviously a food gift for her and she is not around or we would have heard her screams as she flew in to the nest on his tailfeathers to snatch it from him to eat! He stood until 11:10, when he went to the bowl to aerate. Next to the front rails to adjust at 11:12 and seconds later the female arrived to the nest. They worked together on the nest till finally she noticed the squirrel at 11:14 and reached over and grabbed it and took it to the rear nest to de-fur and eat. Pa got in the bowl and laid down and kicked backwards, then up and watched her de-fur. She is vocal at intervals. Pa to the left branch at 11:17 and turned to face the nest. Seconds later he flew out over the nest and to the left. She stopped eating to watch to see where he goes, then resumed. She downed the remains of the pelt at 11:46. Feaks at 11:47, then to the bowl to aerate. She gleans the floor of the nest for leftovers at 11:49, then feaks on it. Later she crouched in the bowl. At 12:18, she laid in it and brought fluff toward her chest and such. Up again after awhile and stood and look around. A little more work. Stood some and was vocal at intervals. More vocals at 1:52 and she flew seconds later. They both returned late afternoon, but Pa left shortly and she remained to work and also crouched in the bowl. She was vocal at intervals. She finally flew out at 5:41 and soon eagle vocals were heard, but no responses. Rocky visited the nest at the end of the 10:54 minute. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:23 pm.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:19 am 

:1val: It was their usual work day "as in" here of late. Pa brought in prey twice today. The 1st one he started eating, but she came in screaming and took it from him and the 2nd one was a piece of pelt that eventually Pa did get to enjoy as she wasn't there. But at their last visit of the day, only Pa flew out to the back woods and the female remained behind to spend the night on the nest/tree. He flew out at 5:51 and she was crouched in the bowl and watched him go. Then she laid in the bowl and changed positions several times. She stood at 5:56 and at 5:57 she crouched and aerated the bowl. At 6:00, she went to the left branch and turned to face the nest. She remained on the branch in the crouched position for a long time. Finally at 10:07, she went down to the nest and aerated the bowl. She laid in the bowl at 10:09. Pa called out from the back woods at 10:19 to her while the sirens were blaring. Something flew quickly in front of the nest per app cam at 10:42. She has changed positions several times since she came down from the branch and sometimes in the bowl and sometimes on the nest floor near the bowl. Currently she is crouched on the nest as I leave at midnight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:53 am 

:harvest: The female ended up spending the entire night on the nest or left branch. Pa arrived at 6:46 this morning and they got their day started. She continued to stay after Pa left from this visit and through his 2nd visit until she finally flew out at 8:38. Pa returned later with prey and he de-furred some and had some bites, before she showed up and took it from him to de-fur and eat There was also a fluff delivery this morning. They had their usual work visits this morning in and out and returned for the evening visit. They both left to the rear woods at 5:46. Rocky on the nest at 6:01 and eagle vocals could be heard at 6:14. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:48 pm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:35 am 

:harvest: Pa made a couple visits to the nest this morning. The 2nd one he brought in a squirrel for her and waited, but she didn't show and he flew out. Later she came in and claimed the squirrel and de-furred and ate. Pa did show up. Late morning there was a surprise mating on the left branch. (Surprise to us.) So they worked, ate and mated today. She returned to the nest at 4:47 this afternoon panting. She pulled up prey remains and ate, downs at 4:56, then stood. To the bowl to aerate at 5:20, crouches and brought fluff forward. She aerated the bowl at 5:31 and stood at 5:48, then went to the left branch at 5:49. She remains on the left branch as I leave at 1:35 am.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm 

:7val: OMG!! :newegg: :7val:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:33 am 

:7val: What a busy day here. I'm not even going to attempt to get it all in. Suffice to say the female spent the night here. She came down from the left branch did a little work and flew out. Came back and flew out. But the last time she came back in this morning she stayed the rest of the day as she had an egg that needed to be laid! Pa was in and out today bringing fluff, sticks and food for her to eat. Both of them worked on the nest today. Unfortunately while he was in and out, he did not return to see that he has an egg. He flew in to a tree in the back on the left and could still be seen as darkness fell. So, maybe he will see he has an egg 1st thing in the morning. She's had visitors though as a possible mouse and Rocky both visited the nest since she laid the egg and she was not pleased with either visitor!! She remains on the nest sometimes incubating the egg and sometimes standing above it. She changes positions frequently when lying over it and is rolling it too. She remains on the nest as I leave at 1:27 am incubating her egg.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 am 

:7val: Pa got to see his egg this morning for the first time and it seemed to catch his eye as soon as he landed, but...

I was not able to see it live nor on the DVR as there was another reset. But did get to see it on this video by Bel-a-Donna:

"Berry College Eagles: Dad Meets Egg #1 12/6/21"

They had a good day today, but it rained for quite awhile during Pa's shift. He did bring in a headless fish earlier today and some other prey that I was unsure of right before dark. I was really glad he brought "it" in as she was hungry as she demonstrated awhile before he came in, by going over to the left rails and nest floor to glean what few bits she could from the fish she had earlier. She actually didn't eat that whole fish Pa had brought earlier, but Pa had eaten what she left during his shift on the egg. She is asleep over the egg as I leave at 11:42 pm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next