Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northeast Florida Nov 2022 ~ Oct 2023
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:27 am 

:loveheart: The cams were down for about an hour today. Something different about today is Gabby was not seen, however V3 was seen off and on throughout today, but is not spending the night so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:04 pm 

:flirty: Gabby showed up very early this morning after her absence from the cams yesterday. V3 showed up about an hour later. V3 brought a fish in this afternoon and ate it on the nest. Both were here earlier this evening and did minor work in the nest together, but V3 flew and Gabby stayed and can be seen on the cam right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:39 am 

:loveheart: Gabby did end up spending the night alone on the nest tree last night. V3 showed up a couple times at least this morning and he actually brought a stick in for the nest. The rest of the day was pretty quiet and nobody home so far tonight.

gretchen_AEF
Today at 8:59 PM
MONDAY TUCK-IN: Well there weren't any eagles to tuck tonight, as they were a "no show". Think they have spoiled us! It's been an interrupted season this season, so at this point we really can't expect much of a routine. It's a foggy night (as seen on Cams 3 & 4) and has been for hours with little visibility. The fog will likely be around into the morning. They may have remained in a spot and chose not to venture out in the fog. SED everyone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:12 pm 

:loveheart: Both Gabby and V3 are home tonight. Gabby is on cam 2 and V3 on cam 1. Gabby showed up early this morning and I can not remember if V3 did or not even though I knew the answer to that this morning. Not going to scroll back from before their chat this evening to refresh my memory. They did get some lovely captures of Gabby in the unusual lighting on her against the backdrop of the fog and mist that made one of the most exceptional captures I have ever seen here.

Capture by site of Gabby in the unusual lighting. Copyright 2023 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG

babyhawk_AEF
Today at 6:00 PM
Good Tuesday evening to all. A bit of excitement around the nest tree earlier with V3, Gabrielle & a new visitor. It all seemed to happen out of the blue with V3 taking off, seeing this visiting eagle out there & then perhaps the new guy then followed Gabrielle back to the nest. Or was waiting somewhere in the wings! V3 was in chase mode & cleared the area. The new Visitor flew off but how far away? No answer for that at this time. All is calm now with both Gabrielle & V3 already tucked. Joining me this evening in the chatroom are Feather & jd on Cams. Opening chat......Cam 1 is V3 & Cam 2 is Gabrielle

:loveheart: Will look for a video of the above incident and place here if found.

:loveheart: Now both Gabby and V3 can be seen on cams 1 and 2 at 1:25 am.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:04 am 

:loveheart: Both Gabby and V3 are on the nest tree and can be seen on cam 3 for now. Sometimes they have to move to be seen. Gabby is in the same place as described in the Tuck below, but V3 while still on the same limb as described, he has moved up it and is closer to the nest now and about the same level as Gabby. They have been in and out today and this morning he brought in a squirrel while Gabby was home for once and her screams of enthusiasm scared V3 so much, he actually flew off with the squirrel! When he returned eventually he was empty-taloned...

gretchen_AEF
Today at 10:15 PM
WEDNESDAY TUCK-IN: A tornado watch was in affect when Gabby and V3 were still at the nest, so they flew about 5:45. They know to take shelter when there's a storm. The storm actually went around the Hamlet, tho, so there was little affect. They both returnd about 9:30. Gabby can be seen on cam 1 and V3 on cam 2. Our awesome cam op, jd_AEF, zoomed cam 3, so V3 can be seen in view way out on a branch low left of the nest. Gabby is in view to the right of the nest. SED Gabby and V3 and SED to all! We congratulate SWFEC for their first hatch this evening!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:30 am 

:loveheart: It was the usual day with V3 coming in numerous times throughout the day Gabby was here some too. Tonight they are at the LY, so assume someone is checking on their whereabouts again post holiday season and we may start getting more insight of what is happening here.

gretchen_AEF
Today at 9:34 PM
THURSDAY TUCK-IN: V3 continues to perch at the nest a lot during the day. Tonight they decided to roost off-site, but not far......they are together roosting in the LY. It's anyone's guess if they will fly back home during the night. Cam 3 is zoomed for a closer view just in case. SED everyone. Oh, don't forget chat in the morning at 9am!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:20 am 

:loveheart: Interesting that NEFL seems to have stopped calling him V3 and early evening started referring to him as V or Visitor. Wonder if they have changed their minds that this is V3. I know there has been extreme controversy on the matter as many believe it was never V3, but the site held onto that it was. Both were here today and both have spent the night here.

gretchen_AEF
Yesterday at 9:25 PM
FRIDAY TUCK-IN: Another peaceful night at the nest tonight. Gabby and V are roosting on the Wallenda as seen on cams 1 & 2. Onto the weekend! SED everyone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:15 pm 

:loveheart: I am totally confused now. Sometimes they are saying V3 and others just a V. I am reading on the you tube chat there are 2 males here now but I am unsure of how accurate some of the info I have seen is there. The site has not clarified that I can see...wish they had said more. Tonight I will leave it at that and hope tomorrow or during their chat tomorrow eve the site will say more as I am positive they will be asked about this at that time. It is very draining to go through several captures, videos, comments from many sources that are actually in conflict with one another over the matter. I have looked at several of these items today. Cams 1 and 2 both have an eagle in view currently. My hope is V3 or as some refer to the same eagle as V9 prevails regardless of who is correct. He is the one who is protective of Gabby and this nest and reminds me very loosely of course to a cartoon likeness of a vulture when he drifts off to sleep with his broad shoulders and drooping head at times. Hahaha! I really like him!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 am 

Thanks SWINWK. It does get confusing. :girlcrazy:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:46 pm 

:loveheart: Well the site did post after I left last night and there are "2 visitors" with 1 being V3. Gretchen is not very helpful in her report saying 2 visitors as that does not tell me 1 of them is the eagle they have been referring to as V3. However in later posts (this morning) JD does indicate 1 of the visitors is V3 who in reality may actually be V9 all along if the site did indeed originally miss ID V9 as V3. I refer to this eagle as V3 here even though there are some indicators it is actually V9 to keep straight the site's posts on this eagle. Have been running this down when time permits gathering captures, videos from others to make my own comparisons, but am still in the process.

gretchen_AEF
Yesterday at 9:33 PM
SATURDAY TUCK-IN: Another day of mystery. Gabby was at the nest this morning. It was fairly quiet during the day, and then tonight 2 visitors showed up after 6pm. One is "at home" roosting as seen on cams 1 & 2. I didn't see Gabby or any eagles at the LY or ET when I left at 6pm. However she could have flown in after I left. SED Gabby out there and SED to everyone! Join us for Sunday Funday chat tomorrow at 5pm!

jd_AEF
Today at 7:10 AM
Visitor flew at 8:09 am...quiet again!(edited)

jd_AEF
Today at 8:08 AM
Another visitor arrived just before 8:30...she joined him in the nest. She seemed happier to see this one. It appears V3 is back! Nice to see him again! He is very protective of the nest and brings some calm for Gabrielle.(edited)

Edit to add: The following was on 1/8/23 and posted at 11:40 pm by the mod:

jd_AEF
Yesterday at 10:40 PM
Vocals at 11:36 pm as Gabby and V3 say "Goodnight!" Both back to snoozing again...well, some snoozing and some preening.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:37 am 

:flirty: While both Gabby and V3 were on the nest tree last night, we only have Gabby here tonight. Both were in the nest this morning and V3 visited many times throughout the day.

gretchen_AEF
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
MONDAY TUCK-IN: Well we have Gabby roosting and fully tucked tonight on the Wallenda branch as seen on cams 1, 2 & 3. I waited at the nest and checked the ET before leaving to see if V3 or ?? would show up but not tonight. SED dear Gabby and SED to all!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:39 pm 

:loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:08 pm 

:loveheart: Gabby and V3 were both here earlier today, but are not here tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:28 pm 

I quite liked V12, but as with eagle country a few years ago, I will be happy with a resident male that can hold the site. :loveheart: Without bands , sometimes ID is like grasping at stars.
Good luck here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:34 am 

:flirty: Gabby and V3 were both at the nest this morning. V3 stopped by periodically through the day and had his afternoon fish on the nest. Both there this evening early, but V3 flew out.

WEDNESDAY TUCK-IN: And we look forward to tomorrow and the days to come. The future of the Hamlet is a mystery, but we can be certain it will be joyful again. We are blessed to have Gabby and V3 at the nest so often and roosting there too. Gabby is fully tucked and in view on cams 1&2. I saw both at the nest at tuck. After I left at 6:10pm then V3 flew. I can bet he's at the ET. SED everyone and keep the faith!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am 

:loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:38 pm 

:flirty: V3 and Gabby were both here this morning and V3 seemed to wait for her to show this evening, but she didn't so he flew out.

gretchen_AEF
Today at 7:33 PM
THURSDAY TUCK-IN: I was waiting for Gabby to return as V3 was, but nada. I left at 6:10 as it was getting fairly dark. V3 just flew as well. They are no doubt roosting together close by. SED everyone and pls join us for Fri morning chat at 9am tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:05 pm 

Last season Gabby laid her first egg on December 17, 2021. I hope she and V3 (or whoever) will settle down enough to start a family. There is still time! :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:12 am 

:loveheart: Both here this morning and V3 brought in his usual fish later in the day that Gabby was not present for and he ate it. Both were in earlier this evening, but flew out.

gretchen_AEF
Today at 9:22 PM
FRIDAY TUCK-IN: Nobody to tuck tonight! With the gale force winds in the Hamlet, Gabby and V3 have found a more sheltered spot to roost tonight....against the wind! It will be windy and chilly thru the night and calm down tomorrow. V3 delivered a fish today and devoured it, as Gabby wasn't present. All is fine in the windy pine! SED everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:39 pm 

:flirty: V3 and Gabby both checked in earlier this evening, but both flew and the cam-op thought it was together to the ET as she could hear their vocals in the distance.

gretchen_AEF
Today at 8:39 PM
SATURDAY TUCK-IN! Well, no returnees since they both left at 6:08pm tonight. Very possible one or both will return before sunrise. Such rascals. It's a chilly but calm night and lots of Florida sunshine tomorrow. SED everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next