Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2022
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm 

I have no clue. I have never heard of edge.

I have had trouble for a while and finally had to go through my Outlook account rather than chrome to get notifications. I use Brave as my main browser. Good luck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:
:loveheart: When I type in "Bird Cams Around the World" using Microsoft Edge, I only get these 2 options as opposed to simply getting the forum as I do using Chrome.

Bird Cams Around the World • Index page - Informer
https://website.informer.com/peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net
Jul 26, 2022 · Bird Cams Around the World • Index page. The Number one birds of prey forum on the internet. Forum that follows birds of prey cams from all over the world. Share knowledge, …

Bird Cams Around the World, Forum Blog
https://bcaw.blogspot.com
Apr 15, 2022 · Mr. Bev here. Both Red and Yellow bedded down last night. Yellow just below the nest box. Red on the corner in front of the nest box. Still no sign of Mr. White. 7:20 AM Bev just …

I am leery of this "Informer" and of course not looking to go to the "Blog". I already know sky can not help and am getting a new laptop today with "Windows 11" and don't know if it will give me problems adding Chrome. Awhile back I only had the option of using "Edge" and was unable to get to this site. Does anyone else have this problem using "Edge" and/or knows how to simply get to this site if that becomes their only option?

Edge is Microsoft Window's replacement for Windows Explorer. To be honest, I don't know anyone who uses Edge as a browser...(most of us use Chrome or Firefox)...even my tech saavy brother won't use Edge.

My computer is too old to even have Edge.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:11 pm 

:eggthumb: Thanks you all. I am not very computer savvy as you already know and unfortunately I bought the 1 that has Windows 11, "S mode". I think the "S mode" does not let you use Chrome. I did not realize it was "S mode" and thought I was avoiding that as the features did not mention in the advertising. It means once I set up, probably will not be able to get to here, unless I upgrade so that I can then be allowed to add chrome. Once I upgrade I can never go back. I am really dreading the set up, but will probably do later this week. So if I come up missing...you know why.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 pm 
Global Moderator

Good luck Swinwk, we will have positive thoughts!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:57 am 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:
:eggthumb: Thanks you all. I am not very computer savvy as you already know and unfortunately I bought the 1 that has Windows 11, "S mode". I think the "S mode" does not let you use Chrome. I did not realize it was "S mode" and thought I was avoiding that as the features did not mention in the advertising. It means once I set up, probably will not be able to get to here, unless I upgrade so that I can then be allowed to add chrome. Once I upgrade I can never go back. I am really dreading the set up, but will probably do later this week. So if I come up missing...you know why.

Well...that's a bummer...

I just read a brief blurb on "s mode". It looks like you can turn it off, then install whatever you want to (chrome, etc.)...but, once you "turn it off", you can't turn it back on.

"S mode" does not allow any programs that aren't Microsoft...no other browser or iTunes or anything else any of us may have. Its a security feature...that I suppose works great if you have kids or if you are a business person with sensitive documents.

I'm puzzled as to why you can't get to the forum with Edge.

Boy...I'm gonna have to be careful when I get my new computer!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:06 am 
Site Admin

One last thing to try with Edge. While you are using Edge, copy and paste this URL:

https ://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/index.php

You will need to remove the space after https

I had to add the space..otherwise you'd just get the abbreviated URL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:06 pm 

:eggthumb: Here are the 1st selections I get and at 1st I thought it doesn't work, but when I select the BCAW - Facebook and get to that page, there is a link from there to the forum. And interesting is the fact that when I see this 1st option for the BCAW - Facebook, the 2nd link is not highlighted as it is when copied and pasted here, so I do have to go to the facebook page, then select it where it is highlighted. So thanks, I will write your link in my notebook!

BCAW - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/179970325376024
BCAW Join group About this group These are members of the Bird Cams Around the World forum! http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/ind ... 6cbce2530f

Is peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net Safe? peregrinefalcon-bcaw …
https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/peregri ... .net/login
Ratings and Reviews for peregrinefalcon-bcaw - WOT Scorecard provides customer service reviews for peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net. Use MyWOT to run safety checks on any website.

Peregrinefalcon | RPGnet Forums
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?members ... lcon.21933
Dec 14, 2018 · RPGnet stands with Black Americans in the fight for rights, safety, and justice. #BlackLivesMatter

Bird Cams Around the World, Forum Blog
https://bcaw.blogspot.com
Forum down? I can't get the forum to load. Got the message that the site is not available.

Nestkalenders - Webcams Verenigde Staten
https://sites.google.com/site/nestkalenders/home/...
Skip to main content. Skip to navigation. Nestkalenders

BCAW
https://ne-np.facebook.com/groups/179970325376024
These are members of the Bird Cams Around the World forum! http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/ind ... 6cbce2530f.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Well...I'm glad you figured that out...but, frankly, none of the above makes any sense. Typing the URL address I posted above in your browser window should have brought you right to the forum without going through Facebook. All of the numbers/letters following .net in the URL posted on the BCAW FB page are all generated by Facebook. I have no clue why they do that.

One problem is that it looks like you're using Bing as your search engine...its a nightmare to try and find BCAW with that search engine. With Google, BCAW is usually at the top.

While reading up on the new "S mode", it did state that if your computer was in s mode, Windows wouldn't allow the user to set google as their search engine...the default is Bing.

surely there is a way you can set BCAW in your Edge bookmarks so you don't have to write it down somewhere..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:43 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:47 am 

SGB, there's is something not working right on the messaging for the forum. I've got 3 messages that are stuck in my Outbox instead of saying Sent Messages. One of them's to you telling you about the problem! :egg16:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

catwoman wrote:
SGB, there's is something not working right on the messaging for the forum. I've got 3 messages that are stuck in my Outbox instead of saying Sent Messages. One of them's to you telling you about the problem! :egg16:

Thanks for the heads up...and I pm'd you back!!

Just an FYI for everyone...messages will "sit" in the outbox until they are picked up by the recipient...then they move to the "sent" box..if your sent box isn't full. Now, if you know for a fact that the person has actually read the message you sent and its still sitting in your "outbox", then we got a glitch somewhere!! :egg14:

Hope that helps.

Post subject: Re: FORUM ISSUES 2016 ~ 2023
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:44 pm 

Thank you, SGB! :CLAPS:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:32 am 

:egg16: I knew I would have to log in after Friday's change, but I am having to log in for each visit to BCAW even though I select "Log me in automatically each visit". Anyone else having this issue?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:37 am 

Same issue for me yesterday, but after 10-12 logins it works now. Opening old bookmarks affords always new login... :impat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Don't feel bad, everyone....I'm having to log in every time as well...It's probably due to the transfer to the new server, the update in code and a change in software that I can't even remember the name of...

I'm hoping, like ferenz, that it will eventually stick.

Its annoying...but, its better than what I feared might happen with all the upgrades...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Interesting discovery...don't know what it means...but, interesting nonetheless.

I have no problem staying logged in when using my phone...just my old computer...so, I went and deleted ALL my BCAW bookmarks and created a new one. So far, no problem staying logged in.

knock on wood.

Guess my old computer can't distinguish the difference even after I purged the cache.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:38 pm 
Global Moderator

Yep, having to log in each time. Will try what MA did, cross my fingers!!

Update...
It worked, yea! May thanks SGB!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Beth wrote:
Yep, having to log in each time. Will try what MA did, cross my fingers!!

Update...
It worked, yea! May thanks SGB!!

Well, don't thank me quite yet!! I'm having to log back in again!!

I thought my aha moment would stick...but, it hasn't...maybe when I have fresh brain cells I'll try to figure it out...until then, I'm gonna quit worrying about it...LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

OK...I did some brief reading on PHPbb support forum...and it may be related to cookie settings..and that they now may be wrong because the forum moved to a different server..

Right now I don't have the nerve to change the cookie settings..because I don't understand it..we'll just have to grin and bear it until I do more research..

sorry about that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:08 pm 

The login issue has caught me again...back to zero with both browsers Firefox & Vivaldi :egg15:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next